use pump to drain lava in nether

• guy, since nether have plenty of lava so i want to setup pump inside nether, drain lava and make lava cell in there.
    the question is how do i get pump up and running? since most lava steady in bottom floor but i'm in middle floor.

• guy, since nether have plenty of lava so i want to setup pump inside nether, drain lava and make lava cell in there.
    the question is how do i get pump up and running? since most lava steady in bottom floor but i'm in middle floor.

Just work your way down to lavapool level or use lots of mining pipes (you need to be above the lava ^^ ).
    It's hard work, and it will probably be more feasible to build a nuclear reactor.. but the fun and awesomeness factor is at play :D

• Diggy diggy hole, miney miney device, things like that. Personally, I would use the Buildcraft pump for lava pumping, being much cheaper and easier to power. Your call, though!

• buildcraft + bukitfuller = :Geothermal Generator: :Geothermal Generator: :Geothermal Generator: :Geothermal Generator: :Geothermal Generator: :Geothermal Generator:

Ever notice when forums have a suggestion board, there's a small group of idiots who just hang around that little forum section? Yeah, I'm one of those guys. (c) by That one guy

• Mobile Pump + Lava Tanks = instant Lava Cells... alot better than the IC method...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• A lava lake in the normal world can have a few hundreds of lava in it no need to go to the nether XD.

I think the Nether option is mostly for people who don't have liquid teleport pipes.. idk why not have them, tbh, but still... *shrug*

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Yeah, I tried this, just remember to cool your lava powered iron engines with water derived from ice blocks placed in the nether.

• Why would Someone, Pump lava from the nether?
    The only way to get it back to the overworld is through bucket travel.

It would be better to get teleport pipes.
    Hopefully, They have updated it to BC 2.24 :D

P.S Where can i found a IC2 Painterly texture pack Add-on?

• Not true; you can use 4 tin to store 16 buckets worth in cells.

However if you're already doing that why not just use a lava river in the normal world?

• isnt nether lava lakes infinite

nope, same physics as the overworld.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• nope, same physics as the overworld.

yup, I can attest to that. i've got a large lake in the nether that I drained a bunch out of with a Buildcraft pump. In other news: didn't know this before today but BC pumps do have a max range, it's just a pretty large max range.

• yup, I can attest to that. i've got a large lake in the nether that I drained a bunch out of with a Buildcraft pump. In other news: didn't know this before today but BC pumps do have a max range, it's just a pretty large max range.

Do tell! :)
    I've been wondering about that...

• Why would Someone, Pump lava from the nether?
    The only way to get it back to the overworld is through bucket travel.

It would be better to get teleport pipes.
    Hopefully, They have updated it to BC 2.24 :D

P.S Where can i found a IC2 Painterly texture pack Add-on?

for lava cell of course :)
    it wasn't my idea though, my friend set up the Portal and he got this idea, since Solar System cause major lag to us (each person use like 50-75 Solar panel) so we want other energy source.

i heard about Bucket Filler BC, does it useable in SMP???

• for lava cell of course :)
    it wasn't my idea though, my friend set up the Portal and he got this idea, since Solar System cause major lag to us (each person use like 50-75 Solar panel) so we want other energy source.

i heard about Bucket Filler BC, does it useable in SMP???

look up direwolf20's videos, i've seen him use it fine on the server he plays on.

• If you use redpower2 eloraam added an incredible machine that interacts with blocks infront of it, the deployer.

Put a lava tank infront of that deployer and setup a bucket cycling system, her machine basically simulates a bucket right click on a lava tank, enabling fully automated and easy to maintain lava cell production.