Recruitment

• - Name/Nick (just something to call you with) Galium
    - MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname (preferable all of them) GaliumDragon for all
    - Timezone you're living in, given in GMT +-x GMT-8
    - The position you want to take, aka: what do you want to do? Beta tester
    - Previous experience on the position mentioned above? A good spot to throw links at previous projects/activitys of yours.

No previous experience beta testing, but I have a rudimentary understanding of crash reports, etc. and how to find what is giving minecraft problems.

I am also quite descriptive and precise. (Hopefuly) MinecraftSheep

• - Name/Nick: Lhowon
    - MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname: Lhowon, Lhowon, Lhowon
    - Timezone you're living in, given in: GMT -5
    - The position you want to take, aka: what do you want to do: Tester
    - Previous experience on the position mentioned above?
    I run a small IC server, and have extensive experience with Linux and UNIX based environments. While not directly experienced with Java, I do dabble in programming with Python, and can parse error logs/other problems. I've collaborated on several projects in the past (unrelated to the Minecraft community, specifically Marathon: Syndicate), and have a plethora of experience with articulating problems and detailing how to make improvements/improve the overall user interaction.

• Name/Nick: migulis
    MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname: migulis / migulis / migulis
    Timezone: GMT+2 (Finland)
    Position: Beta tester
    Previous experience:
    Hmm, not actually anything minecraft related stuff as being a beta tester :D, but i'm a moderator on one of the biggest minecraft servers in Finland (Kemicraft.net)
    And i could ask my friend to also be a tester so we could test this on his server :)

• - Name/Nick: Major, or Cooke (pronounced cook, not cookie.)
    - MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Account name: Major Cooke (both forums), MajorCooke (MC account)
    - Timezone you're living in, given in GMT: -06:00 Central America
    - The position you want to take: Beta testing, spriting, and youtube broadcasting
    - Previous experience: Beta testing, I haven't done any. Spriting is rather easy (I work with Zdoom engine a lot, if that says anything), and making youtube videos is a piece of cake.

I don't believe in using voice to speak about what to do as reading is far easier, in youtube videos.

I'm available just about 9 hours a day as I work on the computer from dawn until dusk. I have multiple instant messengers, so you can just contact me through those at a moment's notice (please ask for them in a PM).

• - Name/Nick (just something to call you with)
    Josh.EXE or just josh.

- MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname (preferable all of them)
    Josh.exe/Josh.exe/TheMummy

- Timezone you're living in, given in GMT +-x
    UTC - 5:00

- The position you want to take, aka: what do you want to do?
    Beta tester or Youtuber

- Previous experience on the position mentioned above? A good spot to throw links at previous projects/activitys of yours.
    I have no experience as a beta tester but i am really picky and if there is a bug i'll notice it.
    I have been doing a let's play for the last week, i'm not insanely popular but I do speak English as my first language.
    I speak a little strangely though.
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/JoshdotEXE

On a side note, i am studying to be a game developer. i don't know java but i'm willing to take some time to learn, but I cant promise ill be help right away.

• - Name/Nick: Alex
    - MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname: Slimey Creeper/Pikastorm/Pikastorm (in that order)
    - Timezone you're living in, given in GMT +-4:00
    - The position you want to take, aka: what do you want to do? spriter/block artist
    - Previous experience on the position mentioned above? A good spot to throw links at previous projects/activitys of yours. My computer decided to erase almost every file on my computer several weeks ago, but I made a painterly textures for everything in IC (including items, armor and blocks)

• Official Post

For official purposes. Saw your PM Al.

Name/Nick: Robert (Al should know my full name by now from the donations lol)
    MCF name: killerbeez
    ICF Name: killerbeez
    IGN: killerbeez

Timezone: GMT -5
    Position: Youtube
    Previous Experience: I haz sony vegas, I do gud videos.

Lol, a basic YES via PM would have been sufficient.

• Official Post

- Name/Nick (just something to call you with) (shadow darenton2k7 or daren ^.^)

- MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname (preferable all of them) (its the same everywhere "Darenton2k7")

- Timezone you're living in, given in GMT +-x (GMT +0) (across the water from you al ^.^)

- The position you want to take, aka: what do you want to do? (Beta - Testing, and or Youtube)

me and my friend jakh33 helped you test some bugs in MeC we added it to a server and helped you out :) also i could do some youtube work ... ye iv had issues with my mic but im uploading some mic check videos to youtube to see how they pan out and hopefully they will work ^^ ill send you the links on MC forums see which you think works :P (you said proper English.. does Scottish count ^.^)

Now, the YT-spot goes to killerbeez, but you're welcome to the testing group, for sure :D

• - Name/Nick (just something to call you with) : Gat3rZ
    - MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname (preferable all of them) : Gat3rZ
    - Timezone you're living in, given in GMT +-x : GMT +1
    - The position you want to take, aka: what do you want to do? : Beta tester

- Previous experience on the position mentioned above? A good spot to throw links at previous projects/activitys of yours. : Experience in modding some games for my personal use (garry's mod (mods in mod ... what?), orbiter, nexus, Homeworld 2, stranded 2, supreme commander, x3, others i forgot and lastly a try at minecraft), I am also used to be a beta tester for modding teams in those games. I know how to do a bug report and how to test stuff in every usual and unusual ways.

• - Name/Nick (just something to call you with) : Zedle

- MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname (preferable all of them) : Zedle

- Timezone you're living in, given in GMT +-x : GMT -5

- The position you want to take, aka: what do you want to do? : Coding, Testing

- Previous experience on the position mentioned above? A good spot to
    throw links at previous projects/activitys of yours. : I'm a programmer by trade, I have experience with java along with several other languages & minecraft modding (I've done several mods to my own server for private use w/ a small group). I have also beta tested plenty: WoW, Everquest Online Adventures, Active Worlds, Second Life, Rift, Starcraft 2, Star Trek Online, etc, etc.

Happy to help code or test if you still need it.

-Z

• Official Post

Name: Drashian (same for the forums and in-game)
    Time Zone: GMT-4 (US Eastern)
    Position: Programmer, beta tester

Looks like I'm a little late for the party! And there's some tough competition in here. No harm in putting the offer on the table, though, so here goes. I've got 10 years of experience programming professionally (another 5 or so as a hobby before that), both creating new code and maintenance, mostly internal systems at my job. More Perl than Java, but I've written enough programs in Java to have a decent familiarity with the JDK and Eclipse. No Minecraft modding experience to show off yet, though I've skimmed through source trying to resolve compatibility issues between different mods. I'm experienced in source code management in Git, Subversion, and CVS. And I am, of course, a big fan of IndustrialCraft.

So there you go. I'll gladly help with coding, bug hunting, bug fixing, general beta testing, extracting and arranging information for the wiki, anything I'd be good at.

• - Name/Nick: Ian
    - MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick: tian1107 / tiantian1107
    - Timezone: UTC + 8
    - The position I want to take: Coder/Programmer
    - Previous experience:

I can program in C, Java, and Python for more than two years now.
    I also have some Minecraft modding knowledge.
    I can understand other people's code fairly easily, and I can make code that can be easily understood.
    I have lots of time, even if I am still a student (around 3 hours on weekdays and 8 hours on weekends).

Some of my previous projects:

http://tiantian7.x10.mx/mtbv4/ (It is seen that I prefer coding rather than drawing...)
    http://tiantian7.x10.mx/ (Also here...)
    http://powdertoy.co.uk/Discuss…ead/View.html?Thread=1578

That might not be much, but I can learn things very quickly.

• Name: reeceaclarke (ign too)

Timezone GMT(UK)

Position codeing,testing and any way I can help out =]

Previous experience: i have been learning to make minecraft mods with mod loader for a while I just have not published a lot of them.

Why would I like to be part of the team:

Well i would like to make something that would be very fun to make as well as learning more about codeing I know this would be a long shot since you codeing places are full but you may was well try i guess =] but if i dont get in good luck with makeing IC2 and hope it turns out well

• Name: Omega
    MCF/ICF/MCA: ultimate_omega
    Timezone: GMT -4:00
    Position: Beta Testing (not afraid to mess up MC) or creating a guide like jpralyea did with the original IC or the catalogue that UpTheYingYang did
    Previous Experience: I am decent at creating documents like the afforementioned catalogue. I use OpenOffice, but am not afraid to get my hands dirty in art programs as I have a small amount of experience in tools like GIMP

All I would need is screenshots of the recipes and the basic mechanics of IC2 to put into the guide. Not afraid to update constantly and I'm on the computer nearly all day.

• I'm pretty good at pixel art. I can make both 16px and faithful 32px images for anything requested, as long as I don't get too busy with school this fall.

• Name/Nick: kkabcd
    - MC-Forum Nick: kkabcd
    - Timezone: PDT
    - Beta Testing

Previous Experience: I have had some experience with Beta Testing I mostly have been testing strategy games for well-known game distributors

• - Name/Nick: Marc

- MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname: Marc010

- Timezone you're living in, given in GMT: GMT +1

- The position you want to take, aka: what do you want to do?: Beta testing

- Previous experience on the position mentioned above? A good spot to throw links at previous projects/activitys of yours: no, not really but I played this mod for months. :D

• Name: celticguy08 (Just call me Celtic)

MC-Forums, IC-Forums, and MC name: celticguy08

Timezone: -5:00 GMT (Eastern Standard Timezone)

Desired Position: Sprite creator

Resumé: I create mod support sprites for the texture pack "Faithful32" (By Vattic). The mods that I have supported are Portal Gun, Compressed Cobblestone, Connected Textures, Store Blocks, leftler's extra BuildBraft pipes, *Zipline*, and *Vending Machine*. The Faithful 32 topic can be found here.

Just a few notes, the mods with the *'s around them were slightly edited by Vattic before release.

Also something that Vattic has yet to release due to absense for some reason or another is my support for the More Ores mod, however you can download the support here.

I am currently working on the Better Than Wolves mod and the WW2 guns mod. Of which the Better Than Wolves mod only has 1 or two sprites left, however most of the sprites were not created by me, simply fitted into the new terrain image created in the newest BTW update.

Lastly I cannot assure you that all of the textures are up to date, due to it being hard to keep track of them all while still creating more sprites for more mods.

Why me?: Well for one thing I am an avid IC player, I know all the ups and downs of creating a good factory so I am familiar with it. But I am sure you have heard that before, so what really makes me different is my willingness to improve. Improve my skills, improve my sprites, and improve the project in general. In order to improve I have:

1. Enrolled in a Computer Graphics class this semester in order to learn more about Photoshop, GIMP, and other image editing softwares.

2. Created several skins for me and a few of my friends to help fit our personalities.

3. Made all of my textures in 32x32, which allows me to put 4x the detail into my work.

Also I have some suggested improvements/ideas in regards to the sprites of IC²:

1. Create a terrain.png and items.png similar to how default minecraft works and how other mods are now organizing their sprites.

2. Create optional 32x32 sprites for the mod in order to appeal to a wider audience of those who prefer HD texture packs (Only if done with all 16x16 sprites at the time would this be worked on)

Thank you for considering my application, and if you read all 3605 characters than I must congradulate you =)

-Celtic

EDIT: I just realized some other people put skills not related to the job desired, but more related to what they can help out with, so someother things I have experience with are:

1. I'm a moderator on a server that has been around since SMP came out.

2. I'm good at making deadlines, especially since I would prefer doing this than homework =)

3. I have a few good contacts with professional coders who create custom plugins and other sprite creators

4. I have a friend with a Teamspeak server that is very rarely used, and might be willing to lend it to the project

5. I am fun to be around =D

Ok, now it is to 4310 characters...

"Mine like you don't need the diamonds, build like you have never been griefed, and dance like you are taking a crap"