My server is getting rid of BC for RP2 I thought this was a pretty crazy turnout I wanted to share.

• After investigating the features between RP2/BC and what we really want we found our server instantly wanting to replace BC for RP2.

The poll is so far at 94.1% favor lol

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• That isn't even a little surprising..

a sort of automatic crafting table and a machine or type of pipe addon that can function like wood pipes, allowing items through one way and pulling them out another way is all rp2 machines really need atm.. If eloraam added those 2 things I would probably delete BC off my pc entirely. The only really neat thing bc did was the quarry and maybe the builders (just for coolness)

Although I will say if I was spacetoad I'd be a little ticked off.

• I guess people don't use the filler or the template machine that much. I have built entire castles using the filler with empty box pattern. Just create your basic buildings using the filler and then decorate with windows, crenelations, interior floors, doors, etc. I also use the filler with the 9 glass pattern to carve out large rooms underground. Instead of all that mining I just carve an x hall, a z hall, a y shaft, place the landmarks, and then run around collecting all the loot. YMMV...

• I love the parts of buildcraft which work - but it's too buggy. I can't really say that that's not to be expected, Spacetoad sepcifically said to use 1.8 if you want stability, and that 2.x is prerelease... :p

• RP lacks a good substitute for diamond pipes. Filters only do one item type and are bulky. overflow is an issue as well. At least with BC you can use a mod to deal with it. In RP you stuff just keeps bouncing around. This works for some things but can be limiting.

RP is cool and all but it does not replace some things that BC does like the filler and builder.

• Not even sure what the filler and builder does but it does not sound like it be my thing anyways. The only features that RP is missing for me is a crafting table type thing so I can auto craft and pipe things. Little more automation abilities with RP2 and I will be in heaven.

• Not even sure what the filler and builder does but it does not sound like it be my thing anyways. The only features that RP is missing for me is a crafting table type thing so I can auto craft and pipe things. Little more automation abilities with RP2 and I will be in heaven.

yeah, eloraam did a much better job with tubes IMO.

btw,auto-crafter is coming in tier 2 :)

• yeah, eloraam did a much better job with tubes IMO.

btw,auto-crafter is coming in tier 2 :)

<3 Yeah I can't wait. Shes going be busy till next week she said I guess good stuff in RL hehe. But I can't wait for such a feature. I wish she consider a API just because of little mods that could come out but yeah it's pretty stable mod and I for sure support it.

• Yeah its not that surprising. I'm just started playing with it now that ore dictionary came out. Its different than what I am used to but has a goodly bit more functionality. I did manage to make a nice autoharvesting rubber tree factory :) For those looking for teleport I believe she has described a matter transmitter for tier 3.

• The redpower tubes is a dumbed down version of BC, I'm not dissing Eloraam by any means, her mods give everyone access to the more complex sides of MC. but after using RP2 I can say that creating automated generators with block breakers and tubes is something anyone can do. You don't need to plan space for engines or wiring, all you need to space to run cables on machines and spaces for tubes.

IN reality any good tech server that focuses on building and exploring should use both space toad and eloraams mods. Volcanoes and a few additional ores are nice to have in any world.

• I don't even know what RP2 does.

Besides the redstone wire functionality, none of it is documented anywhere. I'm not going to download something that adds a bunch of new ores that I have no idea what to do with.

Like, what do you do with Silver, exactly? Tungsten?

It's impossible to know unless you install the thing. The wiki is empty and the thread OP doesn't mention anything about it.

• yeah,there is quite a bit of stuff that doesn't have any uses yet,but keep in mind it's a prerelease atm.

btw,here's a link to some tutorial vids eloraam featured on her twitter:http://www.youtube.com/user/HexenzirkelZuluhed#p/a

• I saw that already, but it's obviously not complete.

Or... it is complete, and all these new ores are useless?

That's even worse.

Not every ore has a use in the mod yet... hence why it's called 'prerelease'...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Not every ore has a use in the mod yet... hence why it's called 'prerelease'...

Adding a bunch of rainbow ores with no use (except maybe make a shovel) is what 12 year olds do with their mods. She's obviously planning on adding more, but right now it looks like an infantile attempt to do everything that's going nowhere.

• Why doesn't your server just run both? they are both very good mods and compliment each other very well, as you say you don't really know what the builder and fillers do i suggest you play around with them, i think you'd be impressed.

Adding a bunch of rainbow ores with no use (except maybe make a shovel) is what 12 year olds do with their mods. She's obviously planning on adding more, but right now it looks like an infantile attempt to do everything that's going nowhere.

There is only one ore which has no use currently (tungsten), all the rest do. If you read up on Eloraams history before minecraft mods you'd discover that she has a seriously impressive history in relation to programming and just general creativity, so i wouldn't be so quick to judge the fruits of her future output.

• Why doesn't your server just run both? they are both very good mods and compliment each other very well, as you say you don't really know what the builder and fillers do i suggest you play around with them, i think you'd be impressed.

There is only one ore which has no use currently (tungsten), all the rest do. If you read up on Eloraams history before minecraft mods you'd discover that she has a seriously impressive history in relation to programming and just general creativity, so i wouldn't be so quick to judge the fruits of her future output.

Stability is our main goal and key. Clearly why we don't run BC. Maybe someday.

• Official Post

I'd actually argue that it was a good decision to add them all now. As you said, she's obviously planning on adding uses for all of them (presumably well before making a stable release). And this way we don't have to regenerate our maps when she does, because the ores will already have been spawned. :)