My server is getting rid of BC for RP2 I thought this was a pretty crazy turnout I wanted to share.

• Or... it is complete, and all these new ores are useless?

That's even worse.

The impression that I get is that she has a full three tiered design already planned. Because of this she added the ores that will be needed for higher levels of the tech tree. She is doing pre-releases of RP2 to do things like track bugs. Personally after playing with the RP2 pipes in their current state vs the BC pipes with the additional pipes mode, I am leaning more towards the BC pipes. However the breaker and the placer/use item machine are great. They are a good tool to add if you like building contraptions.

• yeah, eloraam did a much better job with tubes IMO.

btw,auto-crafter is coming in tier 2 :)

The new tubes are indeed nice... but 90%I if the time, I end up wanting to kill eloraam for the pipes routing sucking. Honestly, they are about as useful as wolves. Iron pipes. That's how you get the same, but even better, routing. And the auto crafter? You need actual power for it, not redstone engine.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• i don't understand why you would NEED to get rid of BC for RP2... timber! and treecapitator are mods that you would use one or the other, but not both. BC and RP2 are not like that at all, they add different things and they do different things, they just happen to have similar things. i don't know where eloraam is going with RP2, but i got 4 volcanoes right next to my spawn and they are an eye sore. not to mention the giant rubber trees, have you tried cutting one of them down? that is a hassle and a half. if anything, RP2 is going the ways of IC2. maybe one day you'll have to choose between IC2 or RP2, not RP2 and BC. at least that's what i think. it might just be my opinion, but BC doesn't completely unbalance IC2, RP2 machines do and those are just t1 machines.

• it might just be my opinion, but BC doesn't completely unbalance IC2, RP2 machines do and those are just t1 machines.

If anything, BC + IC is more time consuming, because your BC machines will eat up all your MFE diamonds. BC fucking loves diamond gears.

• I think Eloraam is kinda trying to do too much with her mod.Shes trying to combine IC2 and BC with 1.7.3 version of Redpower.She already added blutricity (cables anyone?) and solar panels,not to mention piping system,and all machines that go with it.Im guessing shes just ambitious,but...

• Honestly I hope she expands the functionality of her mod even more so that I can get rid of buildcraft. Having one mod instead of three would be nice as well. One unified theme, no potential conflicts, less work to do for users when it comes to getting things installed. I dont see a downside to this. She can be as ambitious as she wants cause shes got the skill to back it up. I'm just glad shes willing to use things that other mods already have instead of just saying "get the other mod" like so many do. Having many different mods to achieve one concept is a clusterfuck anyway.

• Hey Kane,

I knew that you make lots of videos reviewing IC2 addons and the like, but I didn't think that Godcraft was modded. Is there another server that I didn't know about? I like Godcraft and would like to play IC with some of the guys on there.

OT: Yeah, the way Eloraam seems to be going is with more general use things (intelligent tubes instead of a gauntlet of directional, specific pipes and Frames, which can be used to make mining machines, elevators, builders, etc.) and then filling in the gaps with more specific things that still can be used for more than just the intended purpose (I have epic plans for the Sorting Machine when PR4 comes out).

• This is what kept me from trying RP2 for so long... the "wiki" is a joke. The recipe list helped more than anything.
    I have to admit I do like RP2 but have found it of limited use so far (I don't use a lotr of pipes, even in BC).

As far as the unused ores, I agree that it's good that I won't have to spawn a new world later. I haven't found any tungsten, so I'm sure I can save up what I do acquire until it's used. I'm not keen on the rubies/emeralds/sapphires beacuse they DON'T "work just like diamond", despite what they claim. You can't cut silicon wafers or mine obsidian with anything but diamond. My main objection so far is Marble. Sure, it looks nice to build with but it looks SO out of place underground.

I'm honestly impressed with Eloraam's ability and vision - though things aren't adequately documented, I really feel she's moving in the right direction. I share her desire for one all-encompassing technology mod. I don't think RedPower will completely fill that need, but who hasn't wished that BC/IC/RP were all one awesome mod?

I don't really see why someone wouldn't want both running on their server. "Stability" is a BS excuse - you were running BC before, it must be "stable" enough. I have yet to encounter any compatibility issues between the two.

• Mostly agree with the last poster, but I feel buildcraft is already /deprecated/ It's the thing I use because there are missing features in RP2. Mostly it's useful for the filler (as documented above, but also as a general tool for setting/clearing area patterns. Honestly there are only two patterns I've ever used, and that's because the /third/ pattern was useless as my base is > 64x64.

• Mostly agree with the last poster, but I feel buildcraft is already /deprecated/ It's the thing I use because there are missing features in RP2. Mostly it's useful for the filler (as documented above, but also as a general tool for setting/clearing area patterns. Honestly there are only two patterns I've ever used, and that's because the /third/ pattern was useless as my base is > 64x64.

I still mostly use BC for moving stuff around. Two reasons why:
    1: BC pipes are *much* faster to move normal items around in with golden pipes.
    2: Teleport pipes, moving stuff vast distances quickly.

plus i'm just used to them. the advanced insertion pipes work quite well with recyclers.

• I /really/ have to point out.

Your 'advanced' and 'teleporter' pipes are both addons to BC. This is very much like comparing strawberries against bananna split sundaes.

• I /really/ have to point out.

Your 'advanced' and 'teleporter' pipes are both addons to BC. This is very much like comparing strawberries against bananna split sundaes.

"your" if your going to reply to someone, QUOTE THEIR POST so we know who the hell your talking to.

and no, it's not. You don't see any teleporter addons for RP2 do you? It's BC only so it firmly belongs there and very much so applies.

• look at industrialcraft and how many addons are made for it. hey bro, i heard you like mods, so i modded your mod so you can play your minecraft with modded mods. not to say that the addons make or break the original mod. but the addons come with the mod, if you're going to judge the mod you have to take into account its addons. just like if you were to judge minecraft you have to take into account its modding community. you don't have to use all or any of the mods or its addons, but it's there to make it's more of a personal experience for you.

• I think that Eloramm would be much better off working with Alblaka than reinventing the wheel and working against him. She has not treaded *too* much into IC2 territory but if she wants all the IC2 functionality, it would be much easier to have IC2 or for Alblaka to work with her to make IC2 a standalone expansion of RedPower. Granted, I have yet to use RedPower and I far prefer IC2 (though I was only able to get it to work for a week until I decided to update my version, I used IC daily until 1.7 of MC).

• Please read this: http://www.eloraam.com/?p=198

Short version: Eloraam has her own plans and eventually wants a mod that /can/ standalone with it's own set of stuff. I'm sure that's where IC2 is going as well. It's also situations like this, where one or more mods get the short end of the update stick, that make having multiple ways of doing the same thing across mods a good idea.

• Official Post

I'm sure that's where IC2 is going as well.

This is farther than the truth, we have no plans on implementing advanced redstone controls, such as RP, and we have no plans to implement any "pipes, tubes, conveyor belts" or anything of the sorts, that's what BC is for, or if you like conveyors then Minefactory. If you want advanced RS stuff, you go get RP, its that simple. If you want auto tree farms, you either work with BC, or you go and get Forester, or even Minefactory. If you want the content of the mod, go get that mod, its as simple as that. At least that's what I go by.

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• Short version: Eloraam has her own plans and eventually wants a mod that /can/ standalone with it's own set of stuff. I'm sure that's where IC2 is going as well. It's also situations like this, where one or more mods get the short end of the update stick, that make having multiple ways of doing the same thing across mods a good idea.

This is farther than the truth, we have no plans on implementing advanced redstone controls, such as RP, and we have no plans to implement any "pipes, tubes, conveyor belts" or anything of the sorts, that's what BC is for, or if you like conveyors then Minefactory. If you want advanced RS stuff, you go get RP, its that simple. If you want auto tree farms, you either work with BC, or you go and get Forester, or even Minefactory. If you want the content of the mod, go get that mod, its as simple as that. At least that's what I go by.

You misquote me in a way that places words in my mouth. The sentence is referencing the immediately preceding thought: wants a mod that /can/ standalone with it's own set of stuff.

Can meaning that it is able to, as opposed to 'will' (meaning it's intended to only do so).

• Official Post

@standalone:
    Yes, IC will never be coded to require another mod (cept for base APIs) to work, but no, i will not add any sort of automatisation (BC) or redstone (RP), even if some of the machines will highly profit from these mechanism.
    Consider IC a hybrid of both attitudes. It's meant to be played with BC/RP, but doesn't enforce it.