IC2 release

• Yeah i know it was supposed to be delayed and such, but why not just scrap 1.8.1 and release IC2 for 1.0.0? It's cool that there is new version comming, but i think it's a waste of time sticking with 1.8.1
    I think that many people will gladly wait longer for 1.0.0 than another 1.8.1 version. Just a thought! Since modloader/mp and forge are 1.0.0, i don't know how bugged or ready but i heard forge needs some fixing, other than that i think it's ready to go.

This is the only mod that keeps me from making my own 1.0.0(private ofc). Best mod ever :)
    Cheers!

• Yeah i know it was supposed to be delayed and such, but why not just scrap 1.8.1 and release IC2 for 1.0.0? It's cool that there is new version comming, but i think it's a waste of time sticking with 1.8.1
    I think that many people will gladly wait longer for 1.0.0 than another 1.8.1 version. Just a thought! Since modloader/mp and forge are 1.0.0, i don't know how bugged or ready but i heard forge needs some fixing, other than that i think it's ready to go.

This is the only mod that keeps me from making my own 1.0.0(private ofc). Best mod ever :)
    Cheers!

Eh, I don't agree. There just isn't anything interesting in 1.0 to make me want to upgrade. I was honestly more interested in glass panes and stone bricks than Enderdragons.

• Eh, I don't agree. There just isn't anything interesting in 1.0 to make me want to upgrade. I was honestly more interested in glass panes and stone bricks than Enderdragons.

Same here. I'm perfectly happy with 1.8.1. I played around with some of the 1.9pre, and quite frankly didn't find much enjoyment out of it. IMHO, Minecraft is going in a weird direction with all the magic and such. That's what mods are for if people want that kind of things. From what I've seen in a few forums, it seems that a lot of people suffer from the "upgrade fever" (need to have the latest version ever, be the first to download it, be the first to post a video about it, etc) but then, once the novelty wear off, there's a lot of "Is there any way to downgrade to 1.8.1, I didn't make a backup before I upgraded".

It's a matter of opinion and taste, people like whichever version they like, but to call a 1.8.1 mod a "waste of time" I think is speaking from the wrong end. There's still a huge market for 1.8.1. I have the 1.8.1 mods I enjoy, if they stop being supported, I'll stick to the version I have, and I'll miss out on "new features", but I'll live with that :)

Cheers,
    realm174

• Put my vote down for just move to 1.0. If there is "not that big of diffrence" between 1.8 and 1.0 then why not update. I could understand the position if a lot of features where removed, but if your reason for not updating is "they did not add enough new stuff" it seems odd to me.

Also not updating to 1.0 will alienate people who are joining minecraft now and are just starting to get in to mods, I would even go to say that 75% of people who use mods don't know about things like MCNolstalga, don't even begin about people who are new to modding.

• Lot of popular mods made transition to 1.0.0, and stopped 1.8.1, so or you're stuck with older other mods or IC2 moves to 1.0.0, quite complicated, also i don't like floating beta watermark.

• This would be a bit easier if Mojang were a little better about communicating various things. However most probably Murphy's law will strike and no time will be optimal. If you have to peg your timeline to anything I'd target the underlying library; just follow whatever one it is (Forge in this case) and try to keep the head compatible with developments there.

• well the only thing for me that 1.0 really brings is that my meat sources are not bloody broken. I can only live as a veggie for so long before hunting down every cow/pig I can.

Also it is because BC has now also moved to 1.0, want to play with all the new stuffs in both BC and IC together.

• I mostly want everything 1.0 ready so I can start the private server up (just me & a few friends) again. Also haven't been playing much minecraft lately due to the sorta impending 1.0 switchover where i'll have to start from scratch again anyway. Don't want to put much more effort into a world that's going to go away.

What i'm wondering right now is: are teleporters only going to work on PCs or will they work on the "villagers". It'll make wrangling them to one area easier. Make one larger village out of the population of several. :)

• only good thingin 1.0.0 is performance boost

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D

• No, the animal breeding is also good... so you don't end up with zero bacon.

Of course with a Q-helm you don't need bacon, and those mooing monsters are gone leaving the nice lovely sound of machines.

I would like some additional sheep though. Wool is useful to me.

• Official Post

Its also one of the more complicated mods out there :) so will take a little longer to update to v1.00 than some of the others might.

It's rather the fact i'm (as it's lead developer) currently extremely limited regarding free time, due to the SWProject for my studys ^^'. We're gonna work on the port next up (given no hotfixes for 1337 are ned).

• It's rather the fact i'm (as it's lead developer) currently extremely limited regarding free time, due to the SWProject for my studys ^^'. We're gonna work on the port next up (given no hotfixes for 1337 are ned).

It's cool, man. Take your time.

What I like having in Minecraft is many blocks with GUIs in my house like the Crafting Table. The enchanter and potion lab is what I like most about 1.0.0. Also the fact that there's an end goal now.

• Official Post

It's rather the fact i'm (as it's lead developer) currently extremely limited regarding free time, due to the SWProject for my studys ^^'. We're gonna work on the port next up (given no hotfixes for 1337 are ned).

Thanks Al,

I think I speak for almost everyone here when I say we love this mod, and are more than willing to be patient while you and the team get it going with v1.0. Thank you for all your hard work on this mod!

-Direwolf20

• 1. Industrial Craft (oh yeah baby)
    2. Buildcraft (i wish for better compat with IC2)
    3. Equivalent Exchange
    4. Red power
    5. MineFactory reloaded

Other mods are irrelevant :)

I wonder why buildcraft and industrialcraft are not the same mod :) I mean those mods are so uber together, but since only thing i hate is filling lava cells by hand, oh i wish someone made bucket(empty cell) filler for 3.0.1+

• Someone did make a bucket filler. The way it worked, you could reuse 10 buckets and they would cycle through without having to worry about wasting tin.

The main reason I upgraded to the full release was to get snow.

• 1. Industrial Craft (oh yeah baby)
    2. Buildcraft (i wish for better compat with IC2)
    3. Equivalent Exchange
    4. Red power
    5. MineFactory reloaded

Other mods are irrelevant :)

I think you will find that the Forestrymod is right up your alley, too. It's specifically designed to enhance BuildCraft and Industrial Craft.

• I dont really need to farm wood and food. So i don't need this mod, and i havent checked what else it does. Besides i'm running low on ids already. Damn you Notch 8bit is not enough!