[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Solar Panels v3.5.1 + Quantum Generator + Solar helmets !

• The mod should recognize whether gregtech is installed and then replace that uber-expensive thingy with silicon plates for instance.

OR, you could disable the thing you want in GregTech config ?
    Seriously, even with GregTech I find the mod OP (thought I appreciate the change in the recipe ;) ), but you guys are saying it's too expensive ... lol. Just try to use a Boiler instead, or Nuclear Reactor/GregTech's Fuel-based generators ...

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I have installed the newest update, and I am shocked and outraged with the new recipe changes. This arguably makes the Advanced Solar Panel, a item made usually in small amounts in the early game, into a ridiculously expensive item requiring UU-Matter and Iridium! I can see it being more balanced on multi-player maps, but it makes just about any other method of power generation more cost-effective. I can see this change being placed into the hard-mode recipe list, but in the default mode, I do not see it as fair. I beg of you, please, if nothing else, allow us to reassign the old recipe in the configuration, because as-is, I'll be finding other ways to make power on my server.

• I have installed the newest update, and I am shocked and outraged with the new recipe changes. This arguably makes the Advanced Solar Panel, a item made usually in small amounts in the early game, into a ridiculously expensive item requiring UU-Matter and Iridium! I can see it being more balanced on multi-player maps, but it makes just about any other method of power generation more cost-effective. I can see this change being placed into the hard-mode recipe list, but in the default mode, I do not see it as fair. I beg of you, please, if nothing else, allow us to reassign the old recipe in the configuration, because as-is, I'll be finding other ways to make power on my server.

I like the new recipe changes, it makes this mod on par with Compact Solars in terms of difficulty, and less over-powered (cheap).

• but it makes just about any other method of power generation more cost-effective. I can see this change being placed into the hard-mode recipe list, but in the default mode, I do not see it as fair. I beg of you, please, if nothing else, allow us to reassign the old recipe in the configuration, because as-is, I'll be finding other ways to make power on my server.

So, basically, you're complaining because you have to use normal ways of generating EUs ... ? ^^

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

No, he's saying that's he thinks it's too expensive for what it does and that there should be a config option to disable the new recipe and restore the old one. Probably.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• No, he's saying that's he thinks it's too expensive for what it does and that there should be a config option to disable the new recipe and restore the old one. Probably.

That's the sort of thing you could probably do on your own without much trouble. I would prefer a config option, but if I have to patch it myself I will.

+1, just about sums up my opinion of the new change

• +1, just about sums up my opinion of the new change

Honestly I think the new change should have came earlier. Advanced Solar Panels were so cheap and easy to set up even with GregTech before that nobody used other forms of energy generation, such as the windmill towers, nuclear reactors and even the standard generator. Now, people need to consider if they want the expensive but simple ASPs or the cheaper but slightly more complex wind gens and nukes.

• Honestly I think the new change should have came earlier. Advanced Solar Panels were so cheap and easy to set up even with GregTech before that nobody used other forms of energy generation, such as the windmill towers, nuclear reactors and even the standard generator. Now, people need to consider if they want the expensive but simple ASPs or the cheaper but slightly more complex wind gens and nukes.

I support your opinion. People make many ASP, because it was more favorable than to make 1 HSP. Long time ago ASP the recipe contained "iridium plate" instead of iridium ingot now. So now this recipe is much cheaper than earlier.

• I support your opinion. People make many ASP, because it was more favorable than to make 1 HSP. Long time ago ASP the recipe contained "iridium plate" instead of iridium ingot now. So now this recipe is much cheaper than earlier.

And I agree with that. Moreover, compared to RC Boiler ... ASP aren't that expensive ^^ (I mean, more than 500 Steel for 200 EU/t + some MJ, burning continuously Oil ... I love that way of generating energy, as I love Nuclear Reactor, but it's just completly useless with the cheap recipies we had before for ASP ...)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

So, the people who use Gregtech like the more expensive panel, because they like more expensive things, as they're too patient mining. The people who think industrial craft is balanced enough as it is like the cheaper panel. Definitely needs to be a config option.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• So, the people who use Gregtech like the more expensive panel, because they like more expensive things, as they're too patient mining. The people who think industrial craft is balanced enough as it is like the cheaper panel. Definitely needs to be a config option.

Agreed, the only difference is time consumption used on mining. Mod makers now a day tends to make their mods more difficult (ex. blaze rod nerf), I can understand why the hardcore minecraft players would like these changes as it give them a more of a "accomplishment" feeling. However the mod maker shouldn't forget the crowd who like the way it were, despite certain procedures are easier or more popular than some other procedures. I don't mind having harder recipes, but I feel like they should at least give the player a choice to change it back.

• Official Post

Agreed, the only difference is time consumption used on mining. Mod makers now a day tends to make their mods more difficult (ex. blaze rod nerf), I can understand why the hardcore minecraft players would like these changes as it give them a more of a "accomplishment" feeling. However the mod maker shouldn't forget the crowd who like the way it were, despite certain procedures are easier or more popular than some other procedures. I don't mind having harder recipes, but I feel like they should at least give the player a choice to change it back.

Exactly my thinking.

I see this too much.

• Someone on reddit calculates that if you have gregtech and use UU for the iridium, it will take 1389 minecraft days for an advanced panel to generate enough UU to pay for itself. There's basically no reason to ever make one now, every other EU generation method is better.

• has anyone tested replacing this update in the mod with older versions of it on feed the beast ulitmate so the crafting recipe is back to the old one.

• Official Post

Someone on reddit calculates that if you have gregtech and use UU for the iridium, it will take 1389 minecraft days for an advanced panel to generate enough UU to pay for itself. There's basically no reason to ever make one now, every other EU generation method is better.

Who waste's UU on Solar panels?
    And besides, Solar to UU is OP.
    Only thing i use Solar for is just Stocking up my Machine power so i dont have to worry about any power for my main Machines.

• Official Post

has anyone tested replacing this update in the mod with older versions of it on feed the beast ulitmate so the crafting recipe is back to the old one.

I Prefer the new one ^^

• Someone on reddit calculates that if you have gregtech and use UU for the iridium, it will take 1389 minecraft days for an advanced panel to generate enough UU to pay for itself. There's basically no reason to ever make one now, every other EU generation method is better.

So that's fine to me :). Now you need to nerf everyothers greengens, and you'll enjoy playing only with Fuel-based Generators/very few greengens :)
    And, you're telling that, but GT makes Iridium Spawn, and the huge nerf of UUM is intended: if you really wanna produce stuf from energy, try every recipe with Centrifuge/Electrolyzer, tons of these are meant to be very expensive in terms of EU, but producing cool ressources, so it's kind of like UUM ...

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• So, the people who use Gregtech like the more expensive panel, because they like more expensive things, as they're too patient mining. The people who think industrial craft is balanced enough as it is like the cheaper panel. Definitely needs to be a config option.

Nope, previous ASP recipe was very cheap whether you were in a modpack without GT or with GT. Compare it to compact solar and you will know. Now it's fine but still pretty cheap in modpack without GT (since uum is very cheap there).