[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Machines 1.1.6

• Wow. That's really grown up. Why did you single out me, in particular? Have I complained about your mod in any way? I merely noted that you lack maturity - and this just proves it.

Sorry that you have such a thin skin - need a tissue?

I agree with striker, nobody have a right to tell me or anyone that they should behave better. If you dont like it you can simply ignore it (Its the mature way to do it).

on topic: I havent bothered with advanced machines since Overclockers, but seeing as you took the time to make something different and more in line with the actual IC i may give it a try when my 1.2.3 Modpack its complete.

• Will fix that next version

Copper/Tin Ingots aswell, same problem

You may bring forward your own ideas for additive macerating by the way
    As much i despise the whiners, i have yet to turn down a good idea

• Hey AS, is your Avatar GIF from Hellsing Ultimate?

Edit: a good idea for addative macerating would be.

64 Coal + 8 flint = 1 coal chunk / 8 Coal balls
    or
    64 Coal + 1 Obsidian = 1 Coal chunk

• Alright, people. This thread has been hijacked enough. I suggest we all stop discussing the old machines, and when/if somebody does a direct port if the old version they can make a new topic for it. This is obviously no longer the place for discussion of Advanced Machines.

• Stop flameing ! all of you

Given, the mod is no longer the same - and some very nice thing have come out of it. Zipp is either takeing a break, and will be back later and please those of you that do not like the changes - of he will never come back, in either case, if you are not going to use this mod, leave the tread.

AtomicStryker
    once more - implore you, please change the name of the mod

and on a more personal request - please tell me that when IC2 is ready for MC 1.2.3, this mod has EVERYTHING bug-fixed for SMP :P

/MG0

• Forum is for sharing opinions, doesn't it ?
    And since this mod is called Advanced Machines, people will complain.
    AtomicStryker, you should change the name of this mod, because it won't stop. And as far as I know, mods are made for people, not vice versa..

Back to topic, sorry to tell you but I'll complain, whenever I set up your Advanced Machines in my world I get huge FPS drop all the time when I'm near machines or on the same chunk.
    The FPS drops from 60+ to 5-10 FPS, It's being unplayable. And the first thing I did after installing your mod, I disabled sounds, what're they for ?
    Tell me, how can I praise you for this mod, while it's just rubbish, because I can't use it ?

• Hey AS, is your Avatar GIF from Hellsing Ultimate?

Edit: a good idea for addative macerating would be.

64 Coal + 8 flint = 1 coal chunk / 8 Coal balls
    or
    64 Coal + 1 Obsidian = 1 Coal chunk

Recipes that output LESS items than put in arent possible. While i could code that, thats what crafting is supposed to do.

• Because SilentSpy keeps pouncing me in IRC

Version 3.7
    fixed more IC2 API implementations
    - Advanced Machine facing should be transmitted to clients by the server, thus be kept in sync
    - Advanced Machines can now be turned with a Wrench
    - KNOWN ISSUE: Sometimes Rotation does not Update immediatly, but only after a time or when the machine is switched on
    - KNOWN ISSUE: Upon placing an Advanced Machine the client can crash with an "internal server error", nothing happens on server. Just relog and it should be fine

fixed additive Macerating giving out 2 refined Iron Dust for 1 Iron Ingot and Coal
    fixed additive Macerating giving out 2 Bronze Dust for 1 Copper Ingot and Tin

• Advanced machines and over-clocker upgrades? That is insane! Are you planning on changing the induction furnace so that it can use the upgrades as well? That would be both awesome and more fair.

• instead of complaining, (which I don't think I was, as I offered a suggestion) nonetheless, I think a more suitable name for this mod, since you have assumed development of the mod, a suitable name would be Atomic Machines or even Atomic's Machines. Since they are your creation, and you did what you thought was the right way to go with them, only makes sense they should be named after you. This would also get rid of the complainers who see this thread and assume that they will be downloading the classic machines, not these new ones you created. Just food for though. :)

Edit: or a more creative name : AA Machines (Atomic's Advanced Machines) makes sense to me, just a thought. :)

• About the only change here I don't like is that they are now LV machines by default - this will make upgrading the server I play on a bit dangerous (though that may be some time, since we're still using IC2 1.43 on MC 1.0). The rest of the changes look fine to me. I'm just glad that someone's taken the old code and is actively maintaining it for the current version of IC2. Thanks, AtomicStryker. I appreciate your efforts, even though others might not.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• instead of complaining, (which I don't think I was, as I offered a suggestion) nonetheless, I think a more suitable name for this mod, since you have assumed development of the mod, a suitable name would be Atomic Machines or even Atomic's Machines. Since they are your creation, and you did what you thought was the right way to go with them, only makes sense they should be named after you. This would also get rid of the complainers who see this thread and assume that they will be downloading the classic machines, not these new ones you created. Just food for though. :)

Edit: or a more creative name : AA Machines (Atomic's Advanced Machines) makes sense to me, just a thought. :)

Well... Already someone calling it his creation... This mod is not his, he kept the workings of the machines, the same name of mod and same name of machines. He changed the way the power works with them, and he cut their actually productivity. By doing so he added Upgrade Slots, which was implemented on IC2 machines by the devs. So far he has changed the default power input and how much it uses. Than he added the Additive Macerating.. Which seems to be the only part of this mod he has "created"
    Any rename of this (which SHOULD be done) should not contain Advanced Machines in it what so ever. That includes AA Machines. Atomic Machines, yeah fine. Not Atomic's Advanced Machines, as they are not what alot of people think they are, and they are NOT his machines by any stretch of the imagination.

Kudos on the Additive Macerating, but you and other forum users are approaching this from the way wrong angle. My above statement contains facts, not rants or "flames" towards anyone.

• My above statement contains facts, not rants or "flames" towards anyone.

False. You know nothing about coding, you cannot assess what i have or haven't done, you package your beliefs as truths like all the others.

Let me put down a statement regarding the name:
    I will not change it. For all intends and purposes, these are the very same Advances Machines. That they appear inferior to you is a PERSONAL OPINION, to be KEPT TO YOURSELVES.
    It is also not Zippinius mod anymore, for by now major parts of the code are rewritten (and were decompiled IC2 code, as far i can tell, to begin with).

• For all intends and purposes, these are the very same Advances Machines.

False. These are what you think the Advanced Machines should be now. The original Advanced Machines where Macerators, Compressors and Extractors that worked like the Induction Furnace does. The IF still works as it allways did, your changed AMs don´t, hence they are not the very same Advanced Machines. It´s like saying a F14 Jet is the very same as the Flying Machine the Wright brothers build.
    That aside, thats for maintaining this mod.
    Yeah I´m using it, at least for the time being until hopefully Zip comes back.