Release of Minecraft 1.2 is here, let waiting begin

• Well, it seems that Risugami has pushed out a 1.2.3 ModLoader for us. Now to wait on ModLoaderMP and Forge...

• Well, it seems that Risugami has pushed out a 1.2.3 ModLoader for us. Now to wait on ModLoaderMP and Forge...

It appears Lex has pushed out 1.3.4.4 already...
    I wonder if he's shrugging modloaderMP off...

edit: Just installed 1.3.4.4, modloaderMP is not required for that release.

• It appears Lex has pushed out 1.3.4.4 already...
    I wonder if he's shrugging modloaderMP off...

edit: Just installed 1.3.4.4, modloaderMP is not required for that release.

Lex has expressed his intention of moving forge away from ModloaderMP and integrate forge with its own version of ModloaderMP.

• Lex has expressed his intention of moving forge away from ModloaderMP and integrate forge with its own version of ModloaderMP.

I can see this...
    The less dependencies one mod has, the less of a convoluted mess it becomes when they end up with MORE dependencies.

• ]Lex has expressed his intention of moving forge away from ModloaderMP and integrate forge with its own version of ModloaderMP.

Woot! ModloaderMP rather blows. Won't load any mods in alphabetical order anymore. It did once but not anymore...

• If you want mods to load in a specific order you can always use the new Magic Launcher that has been put out. Let's you add a lot of add-ons without having to actually mod the jar file, as well as modify the resolution of minecraft when you start it (instead of having to change the size every time you enter it), as well as change the order they load in and reports if there are any conflicts.

• Woot! ModloaderMP rather blows. Won't load any mods in alphabetical order anymore. It did once but not anymore...

What OS?

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

• Forge is still not really ready -- the creative menu is an absolute mess, things with custom spritesheets are totally not rendering right, and from what other modders have said on MCF, blocks in the new expanded range appear as items in the inventory -- 2D instead of isometric.

• I am really hoping they bring in the chunkloader pull request from chicken bones. (and it works)

I have had Krapht's logistics pipes crash the game if I leave my systems running and walk too far away from my base.

• blocks in the new expanded range appear as items in the inventory -- 2D instead of isometric.

Isn't that due to a bug in vanilla minecraft? Jeb mentioned in the anvil update post and the 1.2 changelog that the game engine still thinks that blocks with an id > 256 are items.

• Isn't that due to a bug in vanilla minecraft? Jeb mentioned in the anvil update post and the 1.2 changelog that the game engine still thinks that blocks with an id > 256 are items.

Yeah, i think that's the case.

• Speaking of IC2 beta, is it public or closed?
    I would be happy to help test as well. Or maybe not since I can't even seem to get Forge to work right now.

• Speaking of IC2 beta, is it public or closed?
    I would be happy to help test as well. Or maybe not since I can't even seem to get Forge to work right now.

Sorry, but it's closed. You could go to the recruitment thread and apply to be a tester, but the proability of you getting in is very (and I mean very) small.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• I guess there will be a 1.2.4 soon, since some things still not work as they should.

Because of that, I'm also quite sure that IC2 will need some time... the new updates provide a lot of new stuff for modders and they simply have to adopt to these changes first. I guess the actual IC2-Beta is more or less a playground to figure some things out.

• I guess there will be a 1.2.4 soon, since some things still not work as they should.

Could you give some examples, I haven't used the new version yet.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]