[Suggestion] Anti-Matter Laser that can drill through bedrock

• ANOTHER IDEA OMG

Okay, so with the 1.2 update for minecraft, world height was increased in all three dimensions (the overworld, the nether, and the end) This means that you can now build on the bedrock ceiling of the nether in creative mode. I think this is a great feature but I was rather annoyed that there would be no way to access this in survival, and thus my idea has sprung forth.

I had the idea for a very endgame machine that could drill through a single piece of bedrock with the consumption of either TONS of eu, or at least 2 UU matter. This machine could also accept HV current directly. This machine could be crafted with an advanced machine block, three iridium plates, a mass fabricator, a miner, two mining lasers, and a reinforced glass. (I want this machine to be very endgame) This machine also would have to be placed directly against a piece of bedrock to destroy it and would take at least a full Minecraft day to do so.

Give your thoughts and feedback!
    theGeneralRowboat

• 1st: the chances are that ceiling, you want to drill, will be lifted;
    2nd: If I remember right several TNT was able to blow bedrock out;
    3rd: have you tried to nuke it?

• Official Post

Drilling through Bedrock?!? That's reserved for very "creative" people and hackers. Search for another way to kill people or to dump items.

It is intended that Bedrock is UNBREAKABLE!!!

Notch (or Jeb) will make the Nether simply a bit higher to compensate it

In case you meaned a new Miningthingy.
    We got already a Mininglaser and IF eloraam releases Frames we can build giant Miningdrills.

Sorry, but that is a bad Idea.

• Official Post

ability to remove bedrock blocks expect blocks on level 0 is fine - levering is always funny and may be usefull for deep farms.

removing Bedrock, which is not at 0 or max layer nor adjacent to the End-to-World-Portal-Block is maybe good for some buildingprojects, BUT on a server it is still a very bad Idea to break bedrock, which is for example used as Spawnjail (All the Griefers can get out of it, if they can find someone who releases them!!!).

• OMG AWESOME IDEA! Then what? Jump in the void?

"super long gay fucking signature that shouldnt even be here but you cant disable it or at least i cant find it god damnit i hate the internet and everyone on it. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

umad Badspot? :P

Steve shaves with a chainsaw.

• Portal Gun can remove Bedrock, all but the bottom layer at Layer 0... (Using the Moon-Shot.)

So it should be theoretically possible to make a laser that doesn't work on the last layer.

Oh, and for any modded server that requires 'Bedrock Prisons'... Why aren't you using a whitelist?

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Incorrect, the videos are fake.
    First of all, TNT damage does not stack with multiple explosions.
    Second of all, the explosion force ned to break bedrock is about a few million times higher then the current nuke. Minecraft wouldnt survive it.

Is it actually possible? I thought it was hardcoded as "impossible to break"?

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Official Post

Is it actually possible? I thought it was hardcoded as "impossible to break"?

If you set Nuke explosion powerful enough to destroy bedrock, the entire world gets destroyed. actually minecraft crashes at the moment of explosion.

• Bedrock has a blast resistance of 18,000,000...

A Nuke's explosion is rated at 35? Nuclear Reactor with pure Uranium is 45? (I think.)

Wiki says Obsidian is 60 Blast Resistance with IC2 installed and apparently a nuke or reactor can break 6 of them (in a row?).

So, yeah. Do the math. (If I'm right (probably not) you would need a nuke that is 50,000 times stronger.)

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I'm not sure your getting the full idea... This item would be VERY endgame and would take a very long time to break a single piece of bedrock. I am saying this is for people who want to build on top of the nether.

• My friend, have you ever heard of the little something called a config file? If this machine were ever implemented, server hosts would more than likely be able to turn it off. Also, if you are trying to break someone out of a spawn jail.

A. if the jail is in fact, in spawn, you cannot place any blocks so what is the point?

B. If the jail isn't in spawn it would take roughly two days AT LEAST to break both pieces of bedrock (not to mention the EU it would take to do so). I think an admin would notice the attempted escape within that time.

C. If this person was jailed using a command it probably means that the server has a jail plugin. Meaning the jail would most likely be unbreakable even if it was made out of dirt

D. If the person who is in the spawn jail is a griefer, why is he in a spawn jail and not banned?

Consider these things.

removing Bedrock, which is not at 0 or max layer nor adjacent to the End-to-World-Portal-Block is maybe good for some buildingprojects, BUT on a server it is still a very bad Idea to break bedrock, which is for example used as Spawnjail (All the Griefers can get out of it, if they can find someone who releases them!!!).

• I'm not sure your getting the full idea... This item would be VERY endgame and would take a very long time to break a single piece of bedrock. I am saying this is for people who want to build on top of the nether.

This is the worst reason you could give to make the item, specially since the new vertical limit for chunks were recently added. besides maybe they didnt want people building beyond the nether limit? Also consider that raising the roof of the nether would make getting the glowstone worst pain in the arse.

Alternatively, have you tried building a nether portal above the 128 layer and using it? If you are lucky you will access the upper level of the nether.

• Alternatively, have you tried building a nether portal above the 128 layer and using it? If you are lucky you will access the upper level of the nether.

Just tried but portals above the old build height seem to create a portal below the Nether's bedrock layer. Leaving creates a new portal in the overworld, below the old height cap.

Obviously going to try more... So brb.

Edit: Even portals at the new build-height cap don't seem to do it. However, Mushrooms do spawn (and probably grow) on top of the Nether. (Creative mode. Woo.)

• i'm not sure if this "bug" still exsists since i'm using an older version of MC still but planting a mushroom on anything (yes even bedrock) and then growing it with bonemeal will cause the block below it to turn to dirt. that's what i used a long time ago to put griefers under the world.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG