The Ultimate Industrial Frame Engineering Challenge(s) - TUIFEC

• The modpack does include configs, which is why I originally didn't think it necessary to include them. It only occurred to me that people might prefer to just replace their existing configs later on, hence my uploading them.

• considering attempting both at once as soon as a few updates are released. (mining space vessel, with solar production capacity)
    with that, i have a few questions:
    -do the solar cells have to be on the ground, or could i attach them to frames as well and pull them along? (i have the hardware power...)
    -rather than switches, could i streamline a bit and use a pressure plate cockpit instead?
    -is there a limit on our initial supply of power?
    and finally
    -is the speed of the craft a factor?

the gears are turning...the grid paper is piling up.
    edit:
    i would also like to state that an autonomous is impossible (by design, so i've heard), so i'm looking into the logic of 'dumping' a reactor off the rig when it is empty. the hard part about that is having enough solars behind the rig to support it after the reactor(s) has been jettisoned. the plus side of this is i only need the reactor(s) to operate 1 cycle, so 'overloading' reactor components won't kill it. a group of 1 block reactors can pack quite a punch, but i've found that even identical setups have different outcomes, so i'm seeking that median.
    nothing built yet, all number and logic crunching right now.

• -do the solar cells have to be on the ground, or could i attach them to frames as well and pull them along? (i have the hardware power...)

i don't quite understand what you want to do, but i wouldn't advise you to move the solars. the solar array changes in size after every step, which will lead to problems cause you're trying to move an infinitly big object. moving the factory which never changes in any way is better

-rather than switches, could i streamline a bit and use a pressure plate cockpit instead?

the system should be fully automatic and a pressure plate stops if nothing steps on it, could be a problem

i would also like to state that an autonomous is impossible (by design, so i've heard), so i'm looking into the logic of 'dumping' a reactor off the rig when it is empty.

i can't see if you're doubting system itself or the amount of energy you can produce with non-renewable generators before the solar array works. the former is definitly possible, you can simulate it via a simple DFA.
    in your case i would start to prototype most logics and systems, so you can find problems and limits of what's possible before it's messing up your factory. start constructing on the real thing once RP2 gets ported to 1.3.2. the new nuclear reactors can support you with enough energy to construct the first solars in one cycle and we don't know what new features the next RP2 will bring us. maybe we'll get tubes and cables/wires INSIDE frames, which could revolutionize your whole project.
    just my humble opinion

• Is Factorization autocrafting permissible?

What about GregTech?

(Edit: For the solarspamotron of course)

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

Edited once, last by immibis ().

• Is Factorization autocrafting permissible?

What about GregTech?

You have your own autocrafting, why would you need Factorization?

Additionally, I think this competition may get easier due to the Tube-frames.

• Official Post

Is Factorization autocrafting permissible?

What about GregTech?

I know I did a great job, if an Author of another Autocraftingtable refuses to use his own Version of it, in favour of my own one. :D

The only thing Factoryzations autocrafting is being superior to mine, is that you can always change the Blueprint in one Crafting Table as WayOfTime demonstrated.

• Official Post

I know I did a great job, if an Author of another Autocraftingtable refuses to use his own Version of it, in favour of my own one. :D

The only thing Factoryzations autocrafting is being superior to mine, is that you can always change the Blueprint in one Crafting Table as WayOfTime demonstrated.

Project table (redpower) now has "blueprints" [called plans], GT autocrafting could have something similar?

• I know I did a great job, if an Author of another Autocraftingtable refuses to use his own Version of it, in favour of my own one. :D

I'm not using yours, I just wanted to know if it was allowed. I'll probably use BC or Factorization for compactness, as with both of those you can change the recipe.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• IT LIVES!!!

Although it's horribly slow even with the mass fab replaced by a UUM duplicator. And wasteful.

Battery snot included.

• Nice looking contraption but.. what the heck does it do? make solar panel to drop out of the back?

Yes... that's kinda the point of this thread.

Battery snot included.

• There is a control section with levers. One lever in each direction propels the entire ship that direction. 2 central levers control up and down. 1 special lever next to a directinal one turns mining on and off. Ladders on each side lead up to 2 seperate sections. Autofactory outputs metal into one crafting table, gems and coal dust into a second. The mass fabricator is operated by switch, below the switch is a red light, when that goes off, you turn the switch off. The rest ends up in a chest, and there is an input chest for feeding in empty cells or spill over if the sorter gets jammed. Power section has 3 nukes, a geo and 4 mfsu. 2 nukes are power config, one is a safe breeder. There is a crafting table for uranium components, and a chest in the floor that feeds isotopes to the breeder. The engine component I am particularly proud of, I adapted it from Team Pants Madness... but no remote redpower signals made it very interesting. I've only played with it in the desert thus far, I don't know that it will do well with oceans or how the miner reacts to trees. Still, this thing generates blocks of metals far faster than I can find a use for them.

Only IC2 1.11 and Redpower 2 pr6 on 1.4.6
    Auto Factory

Power room

Control room

Top View

Ground View

Ground view while deploying miners in new spot

Thanks for Giving drill access to miners!