VOTE: Tekkit servers on the server section

• Just answering direct questions.

And where did you get this information about him not talking to Technic/Tekkit at all?

Why would kaker keep it secret and lie about it? He hasn't tried to cover up any other author dislike, why would sengir be special? Why would sengir try to keep the code hidden when he could come out and say "My mod will no longer work in technic." and make his mod just crash not load instead of a certain part exploding.
    There are no posts on the technic forums from sengir, and none of the trolls trying to fan flamewars have reposted sengir calling for technic to remove forestry.

Burden of proof. Defend your claim. Show me where sengir said something like "I told them to remove it but they..." because all evidence points to passive aggressive brooding and an attempt to defame the technic team by attacking their userbase.
    If you can't provide that, then please stop repeating the same argument over and over.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

• Official Post

Show me where sengir said something like "I told them to remove it but they..." because all evidence points to passive aggressive brooding and an attempt to defame the technic team by attacking their userbase.

Maybe you should PM SirSengir? He is also on this Forum. (even if not posting anything)

http://forum.industrial-craft.…php?page=User&userID=4583

• Burden of proof. Defend your claim. Show me where sengir said something like "I told them to remove it but they..." because all evidence points to passive aggressive brooding and an attempt to defame the technic team by attacking their userbase.
    If you can't provide that, then please stop repeating the same argument over and over.

forestry thread... 5 seconds. aka: someone's lazy and would rather just pointlessly argue
    linky

• forestry thread... 5 seconds. aka: someone's lazy and would rather just pointlessly argue
    linky

CHAN CHAN CHAAAN!

And now, what will say the only pro-tekkit-militant A.K.A Neowulf that roams the forums?

Seriously this is geting better.

*munchs some passinglurkers popcorns*

By the way I still find bloody funny what sirsengir did.

• *checks pocket watch* Im quite busy right now so im gonna make this fast with my favorite quotes:

That sword cuts both ways: They never frelling asked me for permission or contacted me in any way before including my mod in their modpack. This was also way, way after they had left the realm of private mod packs.

Main reason why i and many others hate tecnic, they started stealing. I don't care what they did after and how lousy their efforts to amend the stealing, they are still Stealers.

Also reason why sinsengir did what he did, why he should bother to ask them to remove his mod from the pack if he NEVER gave permission for his mod to be in their pack?

Also: Since I forced Technic to remove Forestry, downloads of the mod have increasedby more than 100 % and continue to increase. I also have to field way less stupid question on IRC or elsewhere. If there is a downside to not being included in the Technic launcher, I still have to encounter it.

Faith in Minemanity restored.

P.S.: Typing "SirSengir" on the technic forums seems to auto-convert that to "sir buttivere of dumbtable". Talk about showing your true colours.

What a bunch of truly "Mature" guys. But i gotta say they got some sense of humor.

Oh! and before i forget:

Inb4 neowulf says "What a bunch of lies from him, the tecnic people blah blah blah blah...". Hardcore fanatism is a diseases and can/is considered a serious case of pure insanity, case in point christians (Super Flame Shield on!)

• Actually this is quite interesting.
    Sengir admits an attempt was made, in the same paragraph he says they never did (paypal donation). He also says they never tried after he put the code in place, which is confusing as well because if they didn't talk, then how did they come to the agreement that the code would be disabled and technic would never carry forestry again?
    Kakermix has posted a screenshot of his attempt to communicate with covertjaguar in a similar fashion, so I would assume kaker could provide the same concerning his attempts with sengir is he desired.

Since I have no way of verifying more than one instance of it, I retract any statement I have made about the technic team attempting to contact sengir more than once.

Though please not that's not as blanket "I lose" as you're going to jump to. He also admits ion that same paragraph he never attempted to contact them.
    "Going by their track record, it was also obvious that they were going to ignore removal requests."
    He freely admits he never tried.

So as I have made claim, supported by sengir's own words: the technic team did try to contact sengir, he ignored them, and he never contacted them to have it removed.
    Do you agree to that interpretation, or do you believe he meant something else by that comment?

I've never said the technic team is a bunch of saints, but they're not the Rape and Pillage Puppy Eating Genocidal Nazi Terrorist Black Plague Bearers you paint them to be.
    All I have ever asked is you guys stop bashing it and attempting to vilify everyone who has ever touched the launcher. These forums are for IC2, and verbally gang raping and calling for a permaban on anyone who utters the tords "technic" or "tekkit" is idiotic when the guy in charge of this place has voiced his approval of the pack carrying his mod.
    If you want to bash technic, go do it in the forestry thread. If I just wanted to argue and flame I'd be over there attacking sengir myself, now wouldn't I?

forestry thread... 5 seconds

Awesome speed reading skills there. That's 5th post on the 16th page back from the end of a 266 page thread. 5 seconds is about 2000-3000 words a second?
    Commendable computer setup as well, I can't even get it to load a page per 5 seconds.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

• Don't mind me, just butting in for a sec.

[...]So as I have made claim, supported by sengir's own words: the technic team did try to contact sengir, he ignored them, and he never contacted them to have it removed.
    Do you agree to that interpretation, or do you believe he meant something else by that comment?

Somewhat -- "ignored" is uncertain: I understood that their sole attempted contact was an attempt to send money, which (as per Sengir's statement) was declined. It can be assumed that, in declining, Sengir also asked that Forestry be removed from Technic, but this is not at all certain based solely on the linked post. Aside from this question, though, it's obviously true (by his own admission) that Sengir didn't start any communication attempts himself.

[...]Awesome speed reading skills there. That's 5th post on the 16th page back from the end of a 266 page thread. 5 seconds is about 2000-3000 words a second?
    Commendable computer setup as well, I can't even get it to load a page per 5 seconds.

That's disingenuous. I imagine some use of the search function, using such keywords as "technic" was involved. As of this time, doing that exact search yields the linked post as the second search result. Not quite five seconds, but it sure didn't take any longer than thirty.

• Actually this is quite interesting.
    Sengir admits an attempt was made, in the same paragraph he says they never did (paypal donation). He also says they never tried after he put the code in place, which is confusing as well because if they didn't talk, then how did they come to the agreement that the code would be disabled and technic would never carry forestry again?
    Kakermix has posted a screenshot of his attempt to communicate with covertjaguar in a similar fashion, so I would assume kaker could provide the same concerning his attempts with sengir is he desired.

What the f* are you on about? Neither Kakermix, nor anyone else from Technic/Tekkit ever contacted me before or after the whole thing. That fact is stated quite plainly in bold text in the post linked above. I disabled the restrictions on the technic launcher after they removed the mod and they had served their purpose. I did that solely because people begged me to, so that they could install Forestry manually into Technic. It had nothing at all to do with anyone from Technic/Tekkit contacting me.

It's also interesting that you assume, that Kaker could provide any attempt of communication with me. Might be difficult for him considering the fact, that there never was such an attempt. But please, do go ahead and ask him to supply you with proof of such a communication attempt.

Since I have no way of verifying more than one instance of it, I retract any statement I have made about the technic team attempting to contact sengir more than once.

There has not been a single instance or attempt at communication by anyone from Technic/Tekkit (Kakermix, Cheapshot, Agelian) with me before or after. Stop fabricating fairy tales to suit your agenda.

Though please not that's not as blanket "I lose" as you're going to jump to. He also admits ion that same paragraph he never attempted to contact them.
    "Going by their track record, it was also obvious that they were going to ignore removal requests."
    He freely admits he never tried.

And why the f* should I? Kaker is like the guy who steals a cookie jar and then complains the cookies in it turned sour. I won't apologize for taking steps to ensure modding stays fun for me.

So as I have made claim, supported by sengir's own words: the technic team did try to contact sengir, he ignored them, and he never contacted them to have it removed.

What are you smoking? Seriously? Or do you just fail at basic text comprehension?

I've never said the technic team is a bunch of saints, but they're not the Rape and Pillage Puppy Eating Genocidal Nazi Terrorist Black Plague Bearers you paint them to be.
    All I have ever asked is you guys stop bashing it and attempting to vilify everyone who has ever touched the launcher. These forums are for IC2, and verbally gang raping and calling for a permaban on anyone who utters the tords "technic" or "tekkit" is idiotic when the guy in charge of this place has voiced his approval of the pack carrying his mod.
    If you want to bash technic, go do it in the forestry thread. If I just wanted to argue and flame I'd be over there attacking sengir myself, now wouldn't I?

Right. Instead you spread misinformation on the IC2 forums. How noble of you.

I am sorry the IC2 guys' forum gets defaced with those needless technic discussion. But I am sick and tired of standing by while Technic/Tekkit and their "fans" try to paint themselves as the innocent country maiden who was ravaged by that evil modder. Forestry is out of Technic/Tekkit. If it weren't, I'd probably have stopped modding and scrapped Forestry, because nothing is more grating than other people ripping off your work and expecting you to be grateful for the "exposure".

• Personally, I think that tekkit servers. (Rant incoming) It's called TECHNIC. Not TEKKIT if you INSIST on calling it tekkit just remember that the launcher is called TECHNIC launcher. Not the tekkit launcher.) Should be allowed in the server sub-forum because they contain Ic2 too, so technically they are ic2 servers.

• Eventually technic/tekkit will be obsoleted by FTB
    Technic = singleplayer
    Tekkit = multiplayer

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• Eventually technic/tekkit will be obsoleted by FTB
    Technic = singleplayer
    Tekkit = multiplayer

Eventually, yes, but right now they're trying their hardest to stay relevant, I think they beat FTB to private packs.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Personally, I think that tekkit servers. (Rant incoming) It's called TECHNIC. Not TEKKIT if you INSIST on calling it tekkit just remember that the launcher is called TECHNIC launcher. Not the tekkit launcher.) Should be allowed in the server sub-forum because they contain Ic2 too, so technically they are ic2 servers.

Holy epic 6 month thread necro! This thread has been dead for six months. What on earth possessed you to revive it?

• I'll be honest, when I first found the Technic Pack (never got to messing with Tekkit), it was my first introduction to modded Minecraft. I once played on it for 27 straight hours (i don't know how or why even, nor do I have any idea what i was doing that whole time). I liked it because it was easy to get it working. However, I disliked it for two reasons: 1) everything in it was outdated (I first used Technic when MC was at 1.4.2; Technic was still on 1.3.2), and 2) I couldn't figure out how to fix everything being outdated, and as MC marched forward, Technic stayed put. Yes, I will refer to it as Technic, simply because I never got to Tekkit.

Shortly after that 27-hour SSP marathon, I moved away from Technic, simply so that I could have a modded MC that was actually up to date. And then I discovered the all legendary war over it. And then deleted all my Technic files.
    Since then, I've been running on a purely homebrew mod pack. It's somewhat similar to FTB MindCrack, but with two or three subtractions and about ten additions. I play it SSP, and I have fun with my mishmash. And in fact, the only time I even think about Technic/Tekkit now is whenever someone creates a new thread (or epic necros one) on these forums.

I will say that although Tekkit servers contain IC2, Tekkit servers do not belong here on the IC2 forum. This is simply my opinion of the matter.

edit: However, I will say that the image of a creeper wearing a hardhat is painfully adorable :love::cursing:

• Holy epic 6 month thread necro! This thread has been dead for six months. What on earth possessed you to revive it?

Hi GW. Long time no see. Did you honestly think that my necromantical tendencies would extend to just this forum? My characte on the tekkit forum is a necromancer... I end with 2 y's...

• Necromancy its not against the rules of this forum, but smart people would realize the futility in beating a dead horse with a stick.

Yeah, but I think that guy just wanted to advertise us with its link ... derp.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!