Suggestion: Chemical Defoliant

• TL;DR Version for the impatient: mix together Plant Auxin (Extract a plantball), Grin Powder and Bronze Dust to get Agent Bronze. Can be manually applied (25 uses), sprayed (mix with water cell, lasts longer and behaves similar to spray foam), or put into a defoliant bomb (TNT with Agent Bronze in the corners, Gunpowder in the middle). All plants (crops, grass, long grass, flowers, trees, etc.) quickly wither, and plants have a much harder time spreading to affected areas.

Hello Sir/Madam/Pigman. Is the area around your industrial base cluttered with inconvenient trees, ugly flowers and useless crops? Do you often experience seizures related to contemplating the serene beauty of lush, grassy plains? Have you ever wanted to reenact the horrors of Operation Ranch Hand in your very own backyard?

SAY NO MORE.

We here at CreeperCo Inc. are pleased to present the solution for all your herbicidal fantasies, Agent Bronze. Simply set your Dejuicer-Device of Doom - D123 to the "Don't touch this button!" setting, let the Gibbl build up, and insert a regular old Plantball to receive some fancy-schmancy Plant Auxin. Mix the auxin thoroughly with our patented Grin Powder, and add a little bronze dust for a healthy orange glow!

How you apply Agent Bronze is up to YOU!

1. Manual Application: Agent Bronze is ready to use out of the box (or, rather, in your hand). Simply sprinkle it on any plant-based entity and watch it shrivel and die! Don't forget, Agent Bronze is quite powerful - you shouldn't expect anything to grow there for a long time. Maximum 25 uses per unit of powder.
    2. Spray the Plants Away: Agent Bronze can be mixed with a household water cell and loaded up into any compatible sprayer pack (sold separately). This will leave a residual foam that eats away at anything touching it and dissipates in a matter of seconds. The resulting smell of lemon and sulfur is completely natural - it's the smell of SCIENCE. Oh yeah, did we mention it lasts longer than in dust form? Hayo!
    3. Big-Bada-Boom!: No time to spray the lawn or play in the dirt? Just adjust our trusty TNT recipe to accommodate Agent Bronze and you'll have a low-yield explosion that results in maximum-yield plant death! It's a little more expensive, but that's to be expected when you're looking for INSTANT SATISFACTION.

Recipes:

• I like that you took the time to create images for your suggested items, but what use would this have? Mass deforestation is all that I can think of and so what would stop the use of this in griefing?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• -snip-
    Simply set your Dejuicer-Device of Doom - D123 to the "Don't touch this button!" setting, let the Gibbl build up
    -snip-

PRESSURE IS MEASURED IN GIBBL!!!! NOT EXTRACTION FORCE OR WHATEVER!!!
    Yes, that was required. I feel better now. Where did you get the correct name from? You are a brand new user... Did you use IC1 and do you have a copy of the old Opening Post in the Minecraftforum?
    However, well thought out. I like it. I don't like plants (in Minecraft). It's a good idea.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• as fenixr would say "anything can be used to grief grow a pair"

personally i don't need this I would use existing explosives or build where there isn't any grass (volcano's, deserts, frozen lakes, shallow swamp waters, in the air)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Wow, a first-time poster that came with a well thought out idea and even made it sound workable. I like it and the concept.

This kind of thing could help me clear out one of my ages that is simply overrun with plants.

• How do you think, does an Extractor extract things? With Vacuum! And Vacuumpressure is measured in Gibbl too. You can also store Gibbl in Lapotroncrystals, even if i dont know how.

I don't think so. I mean, why would you need 4 tree taps if it would extract using vacuum? And wouldn't the Gibbl drop if one would create a vacuum? Oh, and if you are the Gibbl-expert number one, how many GIbbl does a compressor have? Hint: The wiki is wrong.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• So its a Bronzeingot with a Detectivehat? Oh moment that was Agent P.!, or was that Perry Platipus?

Well, i like the style of your Suggestion, so keep up the good work.

What's that you say? ;) Also, thanks!

I like that you took the time to create images for your suggested items, but what use would this have? Mass deforestation is all that I can think of and so what would stop the use of this in griefing?

The main practical application I had in mind was base-building. Sometimes I find really nice flat land for a new death-fortress covered in trees, long grass, etc. and just don't want to bother clearing it out. Could also help with Wasteland-style aesthetics (I remember the Rocket Science mod's thermonuke would, after a certain radius, just kill trees and grass - the end result was spectacular). Lastly, this might (at a future point) add a little depth to the Industrial Conflict update - as I see it, jungle warfare could get a lot more dangerous with defoliants.

Not to mention killing plants in style. Groovy :thumbup:

Griefing could become an issue, but it has very limited application. Since organic material is basically the most abundant thing in Minecraft, I don't see this as a really big issue. Perhaps there could be a config option for admins to set the rate of re-growth of plant life in affected areas?

• Official Post

I don't think so. I mean, why would you need 4 tree taps if it would extract using vacuum? And wouldn't the Gibbl drop if one would create a vacuum? Oh, and if you are the Gibbl-expert number one, how many GIbbl does a compressor have? Hint: The wiki is wrong.

Of course he forgot, that the Gibbl goes down and not up. But since Gibbl is a Pressureunit, it can also measure Vacuum, and the Treetaps are using the Overpressure of the inserted Component/Rubbertree to suck it up. An internal Vacuum would help the Extractor very much at extracting.

And if the Wiki is wrong, then i dont know, how much Gibble a Compressor has.

• Of course he forgot, that the Gibbl goes down and not up. But since Gibbl is a Pressureunit, it can also measure Vacuum, and the Treetaps are using the Overpressure of the inserted Component/Rubbertree to suck it up. An internal Vacuum would help the Extractor very much at extracting.

And if the Wiki is wrong, then i dont know, how much Gibble a Compressor has.

Oh no, I've fudged up the fictional units D:

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

• The main practical application I had in mind was base-building. Sometimes I find really nice flat land for a new death-fortress covered in trees, long grass, etc. and just don't want to bother clearing it out. Could also help with Wasteland-style aesthetics (I remember the Rocket Science mod's thermonuke would, after a certain radius, just kill trees and grass - the end result was spectacular). Lastly, this might (at a future point) add a little depth to the Industrial Conflict update - as I see it, jungle warfare could get a lot more dangerous with defoliants.

Also, with the Industrium Conflict, defoliants would be interesting considering that you could also use it to destroy your opponents food supply (i.e wheat). But, this aspect could also be used in griefing as well. A bit of tit for tat as I see it.

• What about crops with very high resistance being resistant to it?

• *reads up on the defoliant*

Hmm. Could be useful. I, however, detect a catch somewhere in all of this - the fact it's called Agent Bronze brings to mind the horrifyingly disfiguring Agent Orange (WARNING: PICS OF PEOPLE WHO SURVIVED EXPOSURE TO AGENT ORANGE ARE DEFINITELY NIGHTMARISH AND POSSIBLY NSFW. SEARCH AT YOUR OWN RISK). I get the feeling that the defoliant would also be rather hazardous to one's health.

• would be extremely useful in jungles. At the moment there's nothing more effective against plant life than fire and it burns only like 40% of the trees/shrubs.
    I just noticed that this kinda reffers to Vietnam. Creeps!

I just noticed that this kinda reffers to Vietnam. Creeps!

Same... but I doubt anyone who was ever in Nam plays Minecraft (apologizes if there are exceptions to this...)

I'd go with a slight renaming of the idea, but it's a great concept to bring into IC...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I'm already drooling at the idea of using the Rocket Science add on's missiles to deliver air bursting agent bronze over all these damn jungles I keep spawning in!

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• didn't rocket science go defunct? something about a HD crash i think

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• didn't rocket science go defunct? something about a HD crash i think

I can't recall. Right now, Kentington's life has gotten the better of him, so right now there's a bunch of users over there trying to get the sources and begin working on it.

• I wouldn't mind a version that just destroys vines. I hate vines. They make quantum suit parkour extremely difficult.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.