[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Official Post

As for the fusion taking 24 of those, if anything I would say make the ring larger and take more of them as this is a powerful tool and it needs to be costly; it should be quite an achievement to finally get one. Legit building of such high technology, as it stands right now, can still be done very quickly, especially on a server where people work together, such as on mine

Massfabrication will get massively overhauled, what implicitely means that Iridium will be much harder to get. (my 64x64-BC-Quarry only got 2 Iridiumore). Scrap will still be an Amplifier, actually you MUST have tons of Scrap to produce UUM. (but Scrap will get indirectly buffed, so that you still need ~33.3 per UUM, because otherwise the Scrapboxing will get out of hand)

Perhaps a better recipe would be some sort of motor (generator I guess) in the center surrounded by iron blades for a standard rotary type water mill, only returning one as well? Plus as water mills are right now the windgen outdoes them for 'vanilla IC2' usage anyway.

Aluminium used in Watermill instead of Wood, will fix that a bit. And RP-Watermills with their 500EU at 1EU/t are low efficient enough to still give 2 per crafting.

As for the end-game energy sinks those were just examples. We just need *something(s)* that eat far too much energy for us to generate without multiple fusions, for example.

And you will get those "something(s)". The great Massfabnerf will be part of it.

For proper balance IC2 really should have gone the way of, say, energy being very limited, machines can run on less just be less efficient, and the more energy then the more efficient they become. Energy should be a limited/time-constrained resource, as it is it is fully unlimited within a surprisingly short period of time, thus making it so you can just tech up quickly, within a few days with little effort, and within one real life day if you really try.

For that kind of infinite Energy you need tons of Overworldspace (Wind/Solar), which is a massive securityleak. Imagine the Massfab will need 100 Times more Energy per piece of UUM (That's 16,666,666 EU with the needed Scrap). Do you really want to place tenthousands of Solarpanels/Windmills just to power it? Regenerative Energysources are only suitable for powering the basic Machines for "Free", not the heavyduty ones.

The highest tiers such as 4, 5, and even higher, should require *massive* investment to not only create but even to just maintain it. On a server only a few people should be able to even achieve the highest tiers within a month with vast cooporation, such technology would encourage land wars, trade, and a great growth of ecosystem. It could become quite an expansive and impressive mod if it was just 're-tiered' and rebalanced, and this mod could definitely help that. :)

That's already Part of my Goals for this Addon. Large Ecosystems and usefull War are a good thing, because FUN.
    But when my AI is completed (not even started to code it yet, but i have large experience with 2D-AI from the Game which i played before Minecraft), then you will have other worries than PvP-War, guess what happens when for example 5 AI-Pro-Gamer-Players are attacking your Servercrew with HighTech, Nukes and SuperLasers (which they aquired in the World like any other legit Player).

Almost edit because i recognized the ninja before that:
    The Lightningrod just calls worldObj.isThundering() and worldObj.isRaining(), nothing more. I'm pretty sure xComp overloads the Worldclass, so he can just let those return true.

• Your solar panel recipe screws up the original. I can't craft solar panels using coal dust, glass, circuits and a generator.

When I remove the mod, I can do it just fine.

• Hi Greg. Since you made the water replication fix, I was wondering if it would be possible to disable "Water + Lava = Cobblestone" generation?

• Just played around with some reactor designs. Since this mod has Iridium-Neutronreflectors that don't wear out it makes sense to use them.
    They are ridiculously expensive but I'll need to build some of them anyway on my way to fusion energy :)
    Take a look: http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…449ww6z5b9rqej71vgpd4oydc
    (Mark I EA 220EU/tick Efficiency. 4.4)
    To circumvent the double and quad cell timing bug I used only single cells. I'm not an expert in reactor design, so I guess it could be improved.
    BTW. I'd like to see an update of the Computercubes reactor simulator (one button for each reactor element). Usage would be much easier.

• Your solar panel recipe screws up the original. I can't craft solar panels using coal dust, glass, circuits and a generator.

When I remove the mod, I can do it just fine.

LOL! Do you really think it's not intended ? Who would use the more expensive ? Nobody. Try Config options.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

Edited once, last by MatLaPatate ().

• Official Post

Hey Can i get Permission to use this mod in for my server mod pack:)

~~Ãnders!

Yes, you can add it to your Servermodpack.

Edit V1.27a:
    Included mistaqur's NEI-Plugin-Code, and gave him Credit in the mcmod.info.
    Scrapped the just copied NEI-GUI.pngs (and made proper ones out of it).
    Made Macerators more expensive (3 Diamonds and an advanced Circuit), because it can double any Oreoutput (even Diamonds).
    Tested if the game crashes without NEI installed, and it doesnt. :)

• because it can double any Oreoutput (even Diamonds).

But ... even if the rockcutter is unbreakable, a Fortune III Emerald/Sapphire/Ruby Pickaxe would be better so ... so I'll change it in the config when I'll play ^^

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Oh, and Greg, please remove these files:
    \gregtechmod.zip\armor\Thumbs.db
    \gregtechmod.zip\gregtechmod\textures\gui\Thumbs.db

They are still there, please remove the Thumbs.dbs.

Made Macerators more expensive (3 Diamonds and an advanced Circuit), because it can double any Oreoutput (even Diamonds).

There better be a config. option for this... I'd hate to have to circumvent this manually... :P

(jokes, btw... and of course I'm going to make your items even more useful, lol...)

Edit: HOLY HELL! I just now realized how OP some of the resource collection methods in this mod can be... Wish I had block breakers, but meh, I know now how to create an almost infinite amount of resources with this add-on, lol...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

Edited once, last by MagusUnion ().

• There better be a config. option for this... I'd hate to have to circumvent this manually...

:/
    Couldn't it be something like "advanced macerators", with little extra loots, more energy needed to run, with Advanced machine instead of Machine ? It would also mean that normal macerator would stay like that, without abilities to double Ore from Silktouch ... because I guess it's a bit hard getting the macerator at the beginning with that cost (maybe it's intended but ... to me, avoiding Endgame is not "making the whole game harder", it's "inventing new purpose to reach".
    That's my opinion, anyway.

Edit: CrazyCrafter, why is " x= (-b +- √ b²-4ac)/2a in your signature ? It's easy but ... it reminds me I've maths tomorow, as every day exept Monday ... do you wanna kill me ?

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Thumbs.db is a database file which probably keeps the zip readable. I think that deleting them would corrupt the file, but i'm not totally sure.

Thumbs.db is what Windows uses to cache thumbnails for images when you use Windows Explorer to look at a directory that has any. They are not useful to any computer other than the one they're made on, and can be safely removed. Mac OS X does similar things, but names them differently.

• No, you are wrong.

Do you mind providing an explanation as to what it does then? Saying that something is wrong without any proof whatsoever is not generally a convincing argument

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Do you mind providing an explanation as to what it does then? Saying that something is wrong without any proof whatsoever is not generally a convincing argument

AS said above it's a thumbnail cache for windows explorer, and can be safely deleted.

• AS said above it's a thumbnail cache for windows explorer, and can be safely deleted.

You know, a simple Google search would have told me this, my bad

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Greatly looking forward to it, this looks like a great way to go.

Almost edit because i recognized the ninja before that:
    The Lightningrod just calls worldObj.isThundering() and worldObj.isRaining(), nothing more. I'm pretty sure xComp overloads the Worldclass, so he can just let those return true.

Cool, shall pass it on. :)