[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Tsk, Tsk. That explains why he didn't PM Greg, he doesn't even have an IC2 forums account! Next time Soaryn, maybe take the 5 mins to make an account, rather than communicating through 3th parties.

• Tsk, Tsk. That explains why he didn't PM Greg, he doesn't even have an IC2 forums account! Next time Soaryn, maybe take the 5 mins to make an account, rather than communicating through 3th parties.

Don't speak in matters you have no familiarity in. This whole thing was a heated topic in a IRC channel and I'm presuming RG just got tired of the the drama so he decided to take matters into his own hands and close the thread. It's not Soaryn's fault. It's not RG's fault. It's not Gregs fault.

Note that the Xycraft-Dusts were only possible to get, when the User decompiled my Addon. I've never told anyone the Unlock-Key for those Dusts. Even if "GregoriusT".hashCode() wasnt really secure.

Its now no longer possible to get them via Config, but its still possible to make an own Addon, which just sets an internal Variable to true. (what i personally did for my own Debug purposes, but that special mod is neither public nor uploaded, and it wont be so).

And now the absurd, but maybe true or false Conspiracy Theory:
    Soaryn just got Richard to do so, to increase popularity of Xycraft, and to get me to tell Richard, that it was already only accessible by people, who decompiled my Source, as I told nobody the key to enable it. So in the end, we just got an early update of mine with connected Textures for Machine Casings, and the removed connection between Debug-Mode-Key-Code-Config and Xycraftcompatiblity. And nothing productive happened at all. (well those Textures were made, before Richard did that, so they don't count) :D

Come on man.. Just be civil and work things out with them.

• Can we drop the subject and move on? Things got resolved, let's not get into a flamewar over who should have done what here. GregTech: awesome mod attempted compatibility, XyCraft: I'm assuming it will be an awesome mod, did not want compatibility as of yet, and that's that, nothing more needs to be said.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Moving on from the xycraft issues, apparently the latest version doesn't seem to like the latest NEI with the latest NEI plugin (All the plugins got made into one by mistaqur)

Game loads up fine, but when you enter a world, it spits this out (Sorry if this has already been reported somewhere before me)

• Whenever I try to NEI the interdimensionalstorageunit I crash.
    Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 30aef85b --------
    Generated 11/23/12 9:45 PM

- Minecraft Version: 1.4.2
    - Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1
    - Java Version: 1.7.0_07, Oracle Corporation
    - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    - Memory: 88120360 bytes (84 MB) / 452014080 bytes (431 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)
    - JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms128M -Xmx1024M
    - AABB Pool Size: 15936 (892416 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 1572 (88032 bytes; 0 MB) used

- Is Modded: Definitely; 'forge,fml'
    - Type: Client
    - Texture Pack: Default
    - Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
    - Vec3 Pool Size: 1307 (73192 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 155 (8680 bytes; 0 MB) used

- Retry Entities: 0 total; []

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at tv.c(SourceFile:84)
    at bag.a(RenderItem.java:223)
    at bag.b(RenderItem.java:316)
    at atq.a(GuiContainer.java:310)
    at atq.a(GuiContainer.java:103)
    at ayt.b(EntityRenderer.java:1149)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:884)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:779)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT b0a483a6 ---------
    I am using these mods:
    IndustrialCraft 2:1.108.71-lf

AdvancedMachines(IC2 Advanced Machines Addon:4.4b)

AdvancedSolarPanel(Advanced Solar Panels:3.2.0)

BuildCraft|Core(BuildCraft:3.1.8)

ComputerCraft(ComputerCraft:1.46)

MoCreatures(DrZhark's Mo'Creatures Mod:4.1.2)

EnderStorage(EnderStorage:1.2.1)

ExtraBees(Extra Bees:1.4)

ExtrabiomesXL(ExtrabiomesXL:3.3.0)

factorization(Factorization:0.6.9)

Forestry(Forestry for Minecraft:1.6.0.0pre6)

ForgeIRC(ForgeIRC:1.0.11)

GraviSuite(Gravitation Suite:1.4)

GregsLighting(Greg's Lighting:1.6.2)

IC2NuclearControl(Nuclear Control:1.4.1)

InfernalMobs

mod_InvTweaks

IronChest(Iron Chest:4.2.1.120)

LogisticsPipes|Main(Logistics Pipes:0.6.0.pre2)

ModularForceFieldSystem(Modular ForceField System V2:2.2.8.0.5)

Mystcraft(Mystcraft:0.9.3.02)

ObsidiPlates(Obsidian Pressure Plates:1.0.0)

PamCombinedMod(Pam's Combined Mod:1.0)

PortalGun(PortalGun:1.4.2.0.2)

Railcraft(Railcraft:6.7.0.0)

mod_ReiMinimap

StevesCarts(Steve's Carts:2.0.0.a20)

ThermalExpansion

snyke7_Transformers(Transformers:v1.6)

TwilightForest(The Twilight Forest:1.12.2)

CodeChickenCore

NotEnoughItems

• This is an old bug, update NEI to latest 1.4.2 version will fix it..

• That is a bug NEI i think. It happens when you pull up any recipe with the chicken bones enderchest in it.
    EDIT: Ninj'd

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• Personally I dont care how popular or unpopular my mod is and I'd be glad to work with you, but dont start rumors where I care about popularity. Come on IRC and chat sometime and you'll see I really care about my mod. I just dont like people touching my stuff where Im trying to have my own fun and do so without people interfering.

I'd like to also reiterate this as well: it's very annoying to have a single add-on change EVERY attribute of the other mods you come into contact with, and altering their game mechanics without prior config. file meddling. Sure, you have some great integration items and recipes to support this interaction, but you've basically destroyed most aspects of early-to-mid game for people who are not familiar enough with adjusting their mod settings. Not everyone is going to know to turn certain things off right off the bat, and I'm sure it sometimes frustrates classic users of IC who use your add-on for the first time to have to go back in and make readjustments...

I get how you want to have a permeable layer of cross feature compatibility with many other mods, but not all mod authors share this view. This is their work after all, and they have first rights to their mods and developmental direction. Plus, it's not like he's being xenophobic about the actions either (unlike Flowerchild with everything, ofc...)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I wanted to ask because between my experiences in playing with GT (through Feed The Beast) and reading the IC2 wiki page about the GT addon, I'm quite confused. Are the Sphalerite and Cinnibar ores in the nether, or are they deactivated by default?

• We are off of that

New page new subject, lets leave that on the last page

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• About NEI stuff, I'm running things just fine with NEI 1.4.2.7 and NEIPlugins-1.0.2.2 with every other one of my 53 mods using their latest versions that got released about 12-ish hours ago. I've yet to encounter any crashes and using NEI on interdimensional energy unit worked just fine as well.

I'd like to also reiterate this as well: it's very annoying to have a single add-on change EVERY attribute of the other mods you come into contact with, and altering their game mechanics without prior config.

Most mods build ontop of vanilla in order to completely change the way you play MC. Greg simply goes one level higher to do the same. Users do not have to install mods if they don't want to, it's purely their own choise.

This is their work after all, and they have first rights to their mods and developmental direction.

XYcraft's current form is pretty much completely useless for players. Greg makes it do something at least. Just as XY will change in future so can/will GT.

• I wanted to ask because between my experiences in playing with GT (through Feed The Beast) and reading the IC2 wiki page about the GT addon, I'm quite confused. Are the Sphalerite and Cinnibar ores in the nether, or are they deactivated by default?

Yes they are in the Nether, but FTB uses version 2.03b (pretty outdated) and in that version I don't think Sphalerite or Cinnibar were added in yet.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Anybody know a fix for this? I tried deleting the mistaqur folder in gregtech and it didn't work.

• Quote: It's not Soaryn's fault. It's not RG's fault. It's not Gregs fault.

Damn, that leaves the bogeyman as the only possible suspect in this case. After all, no one could possibly think that the mod devs are the one the created the temporary issue.

I will now let it die in peace, leaving you with that slightly comedic response.

• EDIT: Ignore, it's a problem with the NEI bits that I got upon joining a server, hoping this is fixed soon.

Let’s play good guys against bad guys… Yes. Let’s play that. Are you ready? You’re the bad guy. And when you’re bad, you just run. That’s fine right? Well… Shall we play?

Edited once, last by Craftiyan ().

• Rofl ... nice one.

Personally i do not understand Soaryn's objection here. Nobody is FORCED to install Gregtech. People should have a choice in what he or she wants to use for mods. Besides, i am sure Gregorius would
    make the use of xycraft integration configurable in config.

rly Soaryn, don't make a fuss of nothing.