[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Official Post

That's exactly why I wanna know. I won't be including it in my own pack if he's going to do that.

The Tekkit-Blocker, is still active, but I changed it after I found out, that you can Name your FTB-Folder however you want. The Version used in FTB has still the old Code, as they didnt update.

I will only remove that Blocker as soon as Kakermix asks, so a logical result of that is NEVER!

• Currently I know of two mods that at one point have had the code to either break the game or player's world when they detect the use of technic/tekkit (GT and forestry). Problem with both of them has been they fail to detect if user has installed it manually or was it added by modpack authors (impossible to do anyway). Also both of them have made it impossible to use the mod even if you use a whole different minecraft folder if it happens to be in a path that contains technic or tekkit in it's name.

So yeah, breaking stuff for end-users just for having another modpack installed is evil.

hmm.. I know that forestry will wreck your save game but IIRC, GregTech won't do anything to the savegame right? you are only blocked to play minecraft if there's tekkit..

• You don't really need to use tekkit.. you can make your own server without it or even FTB..

I don't use tekkit. I make my own modpack. I have played all of the modpacks. Technic is my favorite but I'm reserving full judgement until FTB is out of beta. Even then, I don't like the fact that they are both so heavily technical. I try to balance utility and RPG along with the technical mods. I also like the look of gregtech but I will not support any mod developer that continues to segregate the community by forcing users to choose how to play the game. His addon is good. It's not that good.

edit: seems the developer posted while I was writing this. Unfortunately, I won't be supporting this mod. This includes playing FTB.

Edited once, last by ErusPrime ().

• I will only remove that Blocker as soon as Kakermix asks, so a logical result of that is NEVER!

Do a bit of research on the modpack. They do NOT add any mods without mod author's consent after the pack became public. Only thing you achieve with the blocker is pissing off the end users and they will be pissed about you, not Kakermix or Tekkit.

hmm.. I know that forestry will wreck your save game but IIRC, GregTech won't do anything to the savegame right? you are only blocked to play minecraft if there's tekkit..

Yes, forestry silently wrecked the save file. GT simply refused to load the game. Out of those two evils not starting is obviously lesser.

Quote from "ErusPrime"

I also like the look of gregtech but I will not support any mod developer that continues to segregate the community by forcing users to choose how to play the game

This a bazillion times.

• Hi,

As I see, you override the quantum chestplate, quantum helmet, thick neutron reflector, neutron reflector, but you forgot to add the possibility to translate them (from official IC2.lang file). If I remove you mod, I can see the translation for those items, but if I add your mod, they appear in English or with their labels (like "quantumchestplate").

Thanks!

• Where can I get NORMAL recipes? Wiki recipes are broken due to missing pictures.

Also check out the un-official wiki. http://gregtech-addon.wikispaces.com Lots of pictures and I'm trying to keep up with the updates. If you would like to contribute just apply. Funny thing, there are about 40 members now but I'm still the only one doing the editing...

The main wiki is hosted by IC2 and they are not responding to requests for permissions to upload images.

• There's one thing you can do.. Uninstall all mods, save the configs somewhere.. , start from fresh minecraft.jar ver. 1.4.2, IC2 108, GregTech, Forge 354, and NEI (don't install ID resolver), see if there's any problem, if an error still occur I still have GregTech 2.08b if you want to try it; if there's no error occur, then add your mod one by one to see where's the problem..

Guys I tried everything you said to me ...
    I tried installing only the NEI, Forge, IC2, Gregtech
    But I have always the same problem D:
    But it is not a problem with the mod .. as with other mod has happened to me ...
    Now I do not know if I have a previous version of the IN as he says NEI1.4.2
    My package is at 1.4.2 D:
    I can not do anything to solve this problem then?

• The Tekkit-Crap is in the spoiler... since nobody wants to read it anyway.

Now back to some real business. Although I like the more expensive MassFab I just noticed in 1.4.2 that I need to mine Iridium, I have 2 pieces of Ore so far and I mined a lot with quarries. Would you mind putting an expensive alternate recipe in, or another possibility to get iridium. I would not mind centrifuging a stack of gold-dust or diamond-dust (the later would not make sense^^) to get a piece of iridium-ore, but I would like another source, which I can actually work for. Since the other option is tearing the world apart :P

And something I noticed. IC2 removed the ability of Mobs to wear certain IC2-Items. I actually like the challange that Nano-Suit-Mobs offer and would like to get this feature back. It's just a diamond-armor, but it looks a lot cooler.

The last question... why does Bauxit spawn in Plains and Forests? Although Bauxit does exist there (it is not limited in any way by the climate) the most important deposits on earth are in tropical regions (Cameroon should have the largest deposit of Bauxit with 600-700mio t).

• tekkit stuff:

Would you mind putting an expensive alternate recipe in, or another possibility to get iridium.

Platinum is one source for it. Though you'll need some other mod to add it to world (e.g metallurgy)

• I think so, see what I found in the original post..

This Mod can not be used in conjunction with Tekkit, until Kakermix asks me PERSONALLY for permission. And to be honest, he will not ask before, and since "after" (like he always does) is not possible, it wont get added to it. But dont worry, the FTB-Pack is much better, than Tekkit.

Until people stop thinking like you do, Minecraft Modding will never advance forward. What if Technic users want to add this to their installation manually? They can't, because some ego tripper is too afraid someone will "steal" his work. Now who gets hurt by this the most? The end-user. At least Forestry's dev was decent enough to allow people to install Forestry themselves.

Also, which mod pack is better is subjective. Some people like FTB, some like Technic.

I don't see Kakermix wanting to include this mod anytime soon, since he has a history of not liking huge egos.

• Come on people, let's slip away from a casual flamewar on the packs, there are threads for that in General Discussion.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Platinum is one source for it. Though you'll need some other mod to add it to world (e.g metallurgy)

I know that, but well... it is not really reasonable to install a mod just to get easier iridium. I actually don't want it easier, just different. Finding iridium involves some luck, which I dislike, I rather prefer hard work. I would actually like it to make the Nuclear-Reactor more useful, so a possibility would be to use depleted stuff or certain breeded cells to build a massfab.

Oh... and I just noticed something that might be fun: GregsBees :P

• I know that, but well... it is not really reasonable to install a mod just to get easier iridium. I actually don't want it easier, just different. Finding iridium involves some luck, which I dislike, I rather prefer hard work. I would actually like it to make the Nuclear-Reactor more useful, so a possibility would be to use depleted stuff or certain breeded cells to build a massfab.

Oh... and I just noticed something that might be fun: GregsBees :P

I like the idea of Iridium-bee :D maybe 1% chance of mutation from industrial and imperial bee lol, and to make it harder, the pure bred queen bee doesn't produce any princess/drone..

I like the idea of Iridium-bee :D maybe 1% chance of mutation from industrial and imperial bee lol, and to make it harder, the pure bred queen bee doesn't produce any princess/drone..

Actually the bees were not meant for the production of a MatterFabricator :P But since Greg has everything he also needs a bee :P

For the MatterFabricator I suggested the use of radioactive material produced in a nuclear-reactor under some tricky conditions (which would make them at least somewhat usefull).

• Well, some people rather keep laughing at ideas of some guys that they consider "noobs". Now, see, you, Greg, is really smart and responded to the requests. I congratulate you, my friend :)

• you are fast to update your mod to a new version :) i check dis tread out 2 times a day and it is almost always an update. love the mod, love dat it makes the tech mod more balanced and give uu matter the high price it shud have so i dont just can make full quantum on under a day :) keep up the extremly good work :!:
    :Quantum-Helmet:
    :Diamond Drill: :Quantum-Bodyarmor: :Chainsaw:

:Quantum-Leggings:
    :Quantum-Boots: