[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• I seem to have a problem with supercondensators, they are not outputting their energy to superconductorcables, if redstoned, they just store up the energy(checked with debugitem), BUT if i place a HV cable on the output side only 1 block in the place of a superconductor (it goes poof ofc) and THEN connect a superconductorcable it works fine. very strage but im guessing thats a quirk of the E-NET.

playing on forge 6.4.1.436, IC 1.109, Gregtech 255b

The supercondensator outputs 8192 EU/t, 4 times more than a HV cable can handle.

• It's either forestry takes a hit on bronze, or an exploit is left in that allows people to create infinte bronze and tin using a centrifuge, your choice.

Or the centrifuge recipe is removed. It's funny how many people didn't think of that option - especially since Greg himself added the centrifuge recipe.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Or the centrifuge recipe is removed. It's funny how many people didn't think of that option - especially since Greg himself added the centrifuge recipe.

No, I thought of it, but I decided that realistically the centrifuge is meant to separate dusts into different minerals, so therefore why would bronze be an exception? It just seemed to make a lot more sense to nerf something in a mod literally about nerfing things and making stuff more difficult, than to remove a recipe from the centrifuge.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• The supercondensator outputs 8192 EU/t, 4 times more than a HV cable can handle.

#

no shit sherlock. thats the damn point. to create an energy net event / tile entity since the superconductors wont on the first placement next to the condenser. so place a hv and after the hv cable dies and a SC is placed it works a jimbo.

edit: this has to be done only once, it works fine on reloads, i diddnt have this problem before i updated forge, so im guessing its that. and this only happens with superconductors/condensators not normal transformers or wires

• The supercondensator outputs 8192 EU/t, 4 times more than a HV cable can handle.

What Tomcat was trying to say is that the supercondensator isn't outputting it's buffered energy to a superconductor until he manually does an enet update by replacing the conductor with an HV wire (which melts due to the voltage), then put another superconductor in the now-gone HV wire's place. At that point, it works.

My guess is that this is essentially a bug report to Greg.

• @above, converting plutonium into uranium in any way is a waste altogether. Plutonium makes more Eu than plutonium.

I said Thorium.

Thorium to uranium, not plutonium to uranium; the plutonium is in there BECAUSE it's more advanced. Greg seems to like the idea of different nuclear cells having a loss of energy when you convert between them, and I especially agree with that for this recipe, since you're taking Thorium, which is renewable with a blaze farm, and converting it into normal uranium... Which can then be converted into plutonium in turn, so that may be somewhat difficult to balance around, depending on Greg's overall opinion on the idea.

• Official Post

Suggestion :
    Allow ALL centrifuge recipes which needs cells not necessarily require them. Then any cell byproducts wont be produced.
    This is good for people which doesnt want some cell byproducts. [For example Si and O2 cells are useless to me]

• Anyone else think that to get the full enjoyment of this mod it has to be played with only IC2 and no other mods along or is it just me?

• Anyone else think that to get the full enjoyment of this mod it has to be played with only IC2 and no other mods along or is it just me?

Nah, I mean I play way to much for that. Though I will admit I don't get to far in this mod a lot of times because I am getting distracted with other mods also but overall I would never be able to do just ic/gt.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Suggestion :
    Allow ALL centrifuge recipes which needs cells not necessarily require them. Then any cell byproducts wont be produced.
    This is good for people which doesnt want some cell byproducts. [For example Si and O2 cells are useless to me]

How would the centrifuge know what you want? What if you wanted, say, the water from sugar, but not the carbon, how would it know that?
    Plus, that is why he added the extractor recipes.

Also, I had an idea regarding the recent bronze nerf... Since this is meant to only remove an exploit, why not also add a config option which halves (or, if you can't halve, round up) the bronze requirements of all forestry recipes?
    So, for example, machine casings would be like so:
    XBX
    BXB
    XBX

Gears:
    XXX
    BGB
    XXX

B = bronze
    G = gear

Carpenter:
    XBX
    gCg
    BXB

C= casing
    g= glass

etc. etc. etc.

Considering how well it brings several nice mods together to work in a nice way I'm quite sure you're in a tiny minority.

Not really, but I get the feeling that IC2+GT is the main source processor.. while the other mod is there to support it (i.e. aqueous accumulator for the grinder)..

• No, I thought of it, but I decided that realistically the centrifuge is meant to separate dusts into different minerals, so therefore why would bronze be an exception? It just seemed to make a lot more sense to nerf something in a mod literally about nerfing things and making stuff more difficult, than to remove a recipe from the centrifuge.

One obvious alternative: Halve the centrifuge outputs when Forestry is installed.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• One obvious alternative: Halve the centrifuge outputs when Forestry is installed.

Btw, why are you guys still discussing about the bronze, I thought it'd been resolved,

There are 2 standards after GregTech 2.55a
    1. if the nerf is on, the centrifuge recipe is 1 bronze dust -> 6 tp copper + 2 tp tin, forestry only gives 2 bronze ingots
    2. if the nerf is off, the centrifuge recipe is 2 bronze dusts -> 6 tp copper + 2 tp tin, forestry gives the usual 4 bronze ingots, but IC2 remains untouched
    the default is B:ForestryBronzeNerf=true..

• Suggestion :

+1
    maybe as modes in the gui of the centrifuge?

"wait for cells"
    and
    "ignore if cells avaible"