[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• I feel bad for you, hopefully you can fix it soon..and btw, you can turn that message off at Forestry config..

Fixed it. See my original post for what I had to do. Bloody pain having everything explode and having to build it again.

• First off, let me just say, I'm really happy to find someone who sort of agrees with me. I often feel like I'm just talking to a wall.

I will say that the industrial centrifuge, and industrial electrolyzer are both great machines. They're probably the best part about this mod. But once you start building casings for bigger machines, I really feel that things turn into a trudge for ingredients, and even worse is when you complete the blast furnace only to find out that you need to make it better before it actually becomes useful. (If you don't have Metallurgy or Railcraft, this is your only source of steel though, which sort of justifies it, but Greg has already implicitly endorsed those mods by requiring the rolling machine, and by making Metallurgy metals dust-compatible.)

When I first griped about GregTech many pages back, it was just from looking at the recipes. I hoped that once I actually made one of the big machines like the Matter Fabricator, the catharsis from achieving that would make it worth it, and motivate me to get to the next machine. It did not. The feeling from getting the Matter Fabricator was 'wonderful. I guess I'll just leave that here then.' And now I just wait for UU-Matter to accumulate.

Aluminum is definitely nice for mixed-metal ingots, but only because you get more out of it. I currently have enough iron for whatever I'm doing due to pyrite dust, so it doesn't make sense to substitute it elsewhere. Although it helps that I already have a tank, and I'm not using solar panels (Just because geothermal is more convenient for me.)

Agreed, I only needed eight chrome ingots to make the Matter Fabricator, that wasn't so bad, especially when I found out I could use redstone to get the ruby dust. But the fusion reactor is just unreasonable. And it's all or nothing. It would be so much better to have the fusion reactor follow the blast furnace's design, with the fusion reactor on its own still being able to operate, and then additional coils increases the amount of recipes you can use.

---

Here are things I think need to change:

Two tiers of fabricators: The first functions as the matter fabricator does now at default config, only accepts scrap, requires scrap to run, produces UU-Mass, and should be about as difficult to make as the mass fabricator. The second requires 1/100th of the energy that the first does, can accept many different forms of amplifier, though it still requires it to run, produces IUU-Mass, and is as difficult to make as the matter fabricator.

UU-Mass functions almost identically to UU-Matter did in vanilla Industrialcraft 2. IUU-Mass produces extra amounts of mundane items when crafted, is capable of producing the GregTech gems and dusts, and can be crafted with other items that act as a catalyst. (Instead of 9 UU-Matter for a diamond, you can use a coal + 8 IUU-Mass surrounding it, or something to that effect.)

I've already discussed the changes that need to be made to the fusion coil.

Make the spending of iridium worthwhile. Iridium should be used because it's indestructible and the item calls for it. Why does a 'data control circuit' require an iridium plate? To make it arbitrarily more difficult to make? I understand the quantum armor, and the iridium neutron reflector, and even the superconductor, as iridium is, in fact, a super conductor below certain temperatures, but a 'data control circuit' doesn't sound like it merits one.

Which leads me to my next point. More uses for aluminum. Instead of aluminum machine blocks, let an aluminum block get pressed into a plate and used as a substitute for iridium plates in items that simply don't need indestructible material or a superconductor. Aluminum armor and tools would be fine too, as it's a light, strong metal.

And I know I already brought this up ages ago, but I think multiple tiers of lightning rods would be rather enjoyable. (Specifically, two lower tiers.)

Oh, and let casing be upgradable. Some recipe to go from standard to reinforced to advanced would, I think, make things nicer.

Now, as far as new things are concerned, I only have one suggestion: Industrial Recycler. Let people recycler entire stacks of items, yielding 12-20 scrap, taking eight times as long as a regular recycle operation but consuming 64 EU/t.

• Got an idea for the aluminium machine block. Make another machine block which is from aluminium and make it usable in all IC2 recipes with a machine block (I know it will be hard). BTW remove the vanilla IC2 advanced circuit recipes, I got 4 recipes for the adv. circuit, 2 from vanilla IC2 and 2 that support the ore dictionary for lapis and lazurite (or sodalite, I don't know).

@above post: Totally agree :thumbup:

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Got an idea for the aluminium machine block. Make another machine block which is from aluminium and make it usable in all IC2 recipes with a machine block (I know it will be hard). BTW remove the vanilla IC2 advanced circuit recipes, I got 4 recipes for the adv. circuit, 2 from vanilla IC2 and 2 that support the ore dictionary for lapis and lazurite (or sodalite, I don't know).

@above post: Totally agree :thumbup:

I'm thinking of maybe he can implement some sort of aluminium alloy (along with other metals such as Cu, Zn, Si, Mn, Mg) made to be used in various machinery, aluminium boat, a better jetpack with less eu consumption(Al is lighter), and spaceship..

• Got an idea for the aluminium machine block. Make another machine block which is from aluminium and make it usable in all IC2 recipes with a machine block

What I've suggested 2 hours ago.

(I know it will be hard).

I guess it's pretty easy. Just on ID more.

IC2 advanced circuit recipes, I got 4 recipes for the adv. circuit, 2 from vanilla IC2 and 2 that support the ore dictionary for lapis and lazurite (or sodalite, I don't know).

Please do not. It's fine like that.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Gregtech version: 253d
    IC2 version: 109

When I right clicked the industrial grinder with the "Prototype Omniwrench" from King Lemming's OmniTools mod, I got the block 4027 telling me that I need to report it. Couldn't find a formal bug tracking site so I just put it here.

• Official Post

And can you speed up diamond jack hammer it is as fast as diamond drill but it can't break nothing else than stone, I think it should break stone like diamond drill breaks dirt.

Its already faster than the Diamond Drill. Even though only a bit faster.

Dear Greg, Today I was exploring my world and I found the coolest thing ever. Wastelands. Part of Biomes XL. But the problem is the whole entire area is the most useless crap ever... I can't see anyone ever doing anything with it.. Then I thought of Alberta (Canada) The oil sands... I have no clue if you be considering it but how could would it be to have special factory to extract oil or something like that from the sands? Or a big mining operation and then have to extract the resources from the cracked sand?

Yes, Oily Sand could be an Option. I think I will add a Centrifuge Recipe for it.

Also I will be starting a new Frontiers Season 4 Let's Play Series Dedicated to using everything in GregTech in defaults settings in group play!

I know, I'm one of your Subscribers.

By the way, Greg, do you need an Exporamanager(Hears better than just "PR-Manager" and is for advertising things on other platforms then the IC-Forum)?

Hrrrm. Sengir is known for blowing up Stuff, his exploding Bees are my Favorite. :D

Ofcourse you just wired things improperly.

I will say that the industrial centrifuge, and industrial electrolyzer are both great machines. They're probably the best part about this mod. But once you start building casings for bigger machines, I really feel that things turn into a trudge for ingredients, and even worse is when you complete the blast furnace only to find out that you need to make it better before it actually becomes useful. (If you don't have Metallurgy or Railcraft, this is your only source of steel though, which sort of justifies it, but Greg has already implicitly endorsed those mods by requiring the rolling machine, and by making Metallurgy metals dust-compatible.)

Problem with compatiblity? You dont need the Rolling Machine if Railcraft isnt installed.

When I first griped about GregTech many pages back, it was just from looking at the recipes. I hoped that once I actually made one of the big machines like the Matter Fabricator, the catharsis from achieving that would make it worth it, and motivate me to get to the next machine. It did not. The feeling from getting the Matter Fabricator was 'wonderful. I guess I'll just leave that here then.' And now I just wait for UU-Matter to accumulate.

Build a giant Scrapbox Fabricator, which utilizes ALL the Stuff you get from Scrapboxes, and converts them into a useable format.

Here are things I think need to change:

Two tiers of fabricators: The first functions as the matter fabricator does now at default config, only accepts scrap, requires scrap to run, produces UU-Mass, and should be about as difficult to make as the mass fabricator. The second requires 1/100th of the energy that the first does, can accept many different forms of amplifier, though it still requires it to run, produces IUU-Mass, and is as difficult to make as the matter fabricator.

So a major Buff to Massfabrication itself? Its not ment to be used en mass. At least not that Way.

UU-Mass functions almost identically to UU-Matter did in vanilla Industrialcraft 2. IUU-Mass produces extra amounts of mundane items when crafted, is capable of producing the GregTech gems and dusts, and can be crafted with other items that act as a catalyst. (Instead of 9 UU-Matter for a diamond, you can use a coal + 8 IUU-Mass surrounding it, or something to that effect.)

Would make my UUM-Assembler useless => Denied.

Make the spending of iridium worthwhile. Iridium should be used because it's indestructible and the item calls for it. Why does a 'data control circuit' require an iridium plate? To make it arbitrarily more difficult to make? I understand the quantum armor, and the iridium neutron reflector, and even the superconductor, as iridium is, in fact, a super conductor below certain temperatures, but a 'data control circuit' doesn't sound like it merits one.

Then make the Circuitry with Platinum. That's also a possible Way to not waste Iridium.

Which leads me to my next point. More uses for aluminum. Instead of aluminum machine blocks, let an aluminum block get pressed into a plate and used as a substitute for iridium plates in items that simply don't need indestructible material or a superconductor. Aluminum armor and tools would be fine too, as it's a light, strong metal.

More uses and Tools/Armor, yes. Your Suggestion for a replacement of Iridium, no.

And I know I already brought this up ages ago, but I think multiple tiers of lightning rods would be rather enjoyable. (Specifically, two lower tiers.)

Lower Tier = Lightning Rod Controller with one Fence
    Higher Tier = Lightning Rod Controller with more Fences

The Lightning Rod cant be made cheaper, as otherwise every Component inside would melt.

Oh, and let casing be upgradable. Some recipe to go from standard to reinforced to advanced would, I think, make things nicer.

Sorry but denied before. Use them as Decoration, they wont Lag! :D

Now, as far as new things are concerned, I only have one suggestion: Industrial Recycler. Let people recycler entire stacks of items, yielding 12-20 scrap, taking eight times as long as a regular recycle operation but consuming 64 EU/t.

Recycling is already a bit OP. Increasing the Efficiency I wont. ~Yoda

What I've suggested 2 hours ago.

What I've already partially implemented (its not usable in all IC²-Machines)

Please do not. It's fine like that.

He talked about the now useless IC²-Recipes, which got overridden by my identical Oredict-based Recipes.

When I right clicked the industrial grinder with the "Prototype Omniwrench" from King Lemming's OmniTools mod, I got the block 4027 telling me that I need to report it. Couldn't find a formal bug tracking site so I just put it here.

Omniwrench Problem. The Omniwrench doesnt work like the IC²-Wrench (even though it should). But thats, what I've made this Message for. Noticing you about a Problem somewhere in someones Code.

And KingLemming has a Bugtracker. It's linked in his wiki. Multiple Multiwrenches had that Problem before (The Universal Electricity Wrench for example).

• Can you add recycling of GregTech Sensor Card (as in Nuclear Control)? You change Kit recipe to use only standart Electronic Circuit, and get two Electronic Circuit from Card.

• Would make my UUM-Assembler useless => Denied.

Your UUM-Assembler is already useless. As are most of your inventory management devices. All they do are things that Redpower and Buildcraft are already very much capable of doing, except you make the operations cost a lot of EU.

Lower Tier = Lightning Rod Controller with one Fence
    Higher Tier = Lightning Rod Controller with more Fences

The Lightning Rod cant be made cheaper, as otherwise every Component inside would melt.

Assuming the fences bit was a joke, I'm sure you could find a way to make it work. A tower of iron would be an effective lightning rod whether or not some voltage box was attached to the bottom. Some 'extreme insulator' block built from some amalgam of rubber could lower the lightning's power to an acceptable voltage, the rest of the power being diverted into the ground (Like with an actual lightning strike.)

Recycling is already a bit OP. Increasing the Efficiency I wont. ~Yoda

There are two kinds of efficiencies. Material and electrical. This sacrifices electrical efficiency for material efficiency. Making it as long if not longer than 64 regular operations would be acceptable too.

• Question about gregtech ores
    All the ores that gregtech adds to worlds which is not an ender asteroid or iridium, in terms of minecraft worlds, how do you think they would be generated in real life?

Example: assuming diamond was generated really deep into earth near lava, then diamond would probably generate at level 6-20 near lava

So, yeah. I need this knowledge so I can configure my minecraft using custom ore generation.

And don't give me that it's stupid you're trying to make minecraft realistic or the steve carrying gold or whatever argument. Just, please help me, and if you don't care, then I'm not forcing you.

The ores added are:
    Bauxite
    Cinnibar
    Cooperite
    Olivine
    Pyrite
    Ruby
    Sapphire
    Silver
    Sodalite
    Sphalerite
    Tungstate

• i just installed forestry i got a message on my world. what does it mean by forestry may have been modified by gregtech? what could it have changed? and ideas i dont know yet

• you could always check wiki.

for the bauxite, i use a very rare, but large, shallow cloud found in plains biomes, to mimic how it is found irl.

Silver should probably be found near lead and copper, so i would place as a child vein of those (assuming you have a lead generating mod)

I moved emeralds to spawning near tin, though extremely rarely.

Sapphire is found in alluvial deposits, so probably should be spawned in river biomes.

Rubies are defined as red/pink sapphire, so should be found in the same place.

the rest are nether and end ores, so not sure about them, if you can reskin them to go well in stone, i will give you some appropriate locations to spawn them. (when redpower2 comes out, i will reskin cinnabar myself and stick it in the basalt)

I don't care about reskinning (wait, that was possible!?!?)

So, um, yeah, how would I spawn them?

Wikipedia was useless, why else do you think I would ask the forum?

Also, if you could copy and paste what you did so I could copy it in my config, that would be great.

• i just installed forestry i got a message on my world. what does it mean by forestry may have been modified by gregtech? what could it have changed? and ideas i dont know yet

Bronze from forestry is nerfed from 4 to 2 (to match IC2 recipe), changing it to false (@ config) will return it to the state before the nerf+ change of bronze process in centrifuge..

• I am still working on getting the spawn rates right, but here is what should be done:

first, it seems that disabling uranium in IC2 stops other mods generating it as well. so you need to add the following:

<Substitute name='UraniumSubstitute' block = 'stone'>
    <Replaces block='247'/>
    </Substitute>
    where '247' is my uranium ore id.

Here is the basic format i use for the main ores which occur in veins, where the block id is replaced by whatever, and the sub vien is replaced by the appropriate material.

Here is my bauxite, this still generates too much, so either drop the radius, or the spawn probability, note: this is the high probability version that spawns in forests and plains.

here is the example of the emeralds subvein preset needed to define before you call it

edit: rather than messing with the iron spawn code in the vanilla ores config, i did the same thing to iron as i did to uranium before replacing it with my own code, which resulted in the same iron amount, but also manganese veins near it.

• Bronze from forestry is nerfed from 4 to 2 (to match IC2 recipe), changing it to false (@ config) will return it to the state before the nerf+ change of bronze process in centrifuge..

oh ok thats i dont mind the nerfing i like that things are made harder with gregtech i just couldnt find what it had altered.

• Error to report. The industrial electrolyzer WILL eat all stored energy in an energy storage unit (in my case MFE) if it doesn't explicitly receive the input voltage it's requesting. In my case I was attempting to electrolyze some bauxite dust with 3 other machines in-line before the electrolyzer running. I had over 400k EU stored in the MFE. The electrolyzer sucked the MFE dry and did not complete its recipe. (Long time lurker finally decided to register).

• Error to report. The industrial electrolyzer WILL eat all stored energy in an energy storage unit (in my case MFE) if it doesn't explicitly receive the input voltage it's requesting. In my case I was attempting to electrolyze some bauxite dust with 3 other machines in-line before the electrolyzer running. I had over 400k EU stored in the MFE. The electrolyzer sucked the MFE dry and did not complete its recipe. (Long time lurker finally decided to register).

Intended. Change setting in Config File, it's called ContinuousEnergy or something like that. You should know that if you're a lurker.

Better put a MFE right next to your electrolyzer so you always have 128 eu/t entering the machine..