[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Suggestion: Aluminium HV cable.

I suggest that an Aluminium HV cable be added, but with the opposite effect of insulation on EU loss. In real HV cables, adding insulation increases the capacitance, which increases the impedance to AC or pulsed (which is technically AC) power transmission. This way, it would become more important to build your HV transmission system out of the way, and un-insulated, like real systems, and for short range transmission it could be insulated, but more EU loss. This would fill the gap between the current cables and SC cables, as you would then have a moderately efficient cable to use for the EV grid before you get SC cables made.

One other thing that would be helpful, unless you want people to turn off power before working on the lines: make metal armours make you immune to the electrocution damage, as they would act as a faraday cage.

edit: an increase in impedance is approximately equivalent to an increase in resistance.

• Official Post

I don't know why but electric translocator all time rotates any of iron chest if attached to red side.
    (All iron chest are rotating after relog on ssp)

It is possible to make translocators and other things like this compatible with buildcraft item pipes ?

Possible? Yes. Would I do things like special BC-Item-Pipe-Compatiblity? No.

I play FTB and i am wandering: why does the basic drill require steel? Steel is a higher tier item of a very different mod, which requires all sorts of nether material to make the furnace, while the basic drill is just a rechargeable pick axe. I'd understand if steel was required for the advance version, but right now it's easier to craft a laser than a drill! Can you please explain the logic of this?

That Logic is already fixed. Mining Laser is already harder to get. And whats the sense of a Pickaxe as soon as you have the Drill? Yes, ofcourse there is no Sense, so I gave the Pickaxe a sense as lower Tier mining Tool. Also Steel is now Part of GregTech itself (ofcourse compatible with Railcraft), so get an Electric Blast Furnace (no Nether hassle required, but more expensive).

I did not do much this Weekend, as I had to exploit free, but slow Internet.
    V2.60c:
    Fixed a serious exploit, by replaceing a plus with a minus.
    Added Machine Hulls. They are just like Machine Blocks, but only available as Item (no Block format).
    Added "Machine Parts". They are dropped by wrongly dismantled Machines (Wrench fail or usage of Pickaxe), and are used to create Machine Hulls (but they are pretty cheap).

• Hey how do you get titanium in the game?

Mine Bauxite Ore in plains biome -> Macerate it to Bauxite dusts -> Put it into Ind. Electrolyzer to get tiny pile of titanium dusts -> Craft the titanium dust from tp of titanium -> Smelt the titanium dust in Tier 2 Industrial Blast Furnace -> Titanium

• Mine Bauxite Ore in plain biome -> Macerate it to Bauxite dusts -> Put it into Ind. Electrolyzer to get tiny pile of titanium dusts -> Craft the titanium dust from tp of titanium -> Smelt the titanium dust in Tier 2 Industrial Blast Furnace -> Titanium

Thank, we have a industrial electroyzer but it keeps saying insuffienct power line, is there a certain eu/t it has to be? we were giving it 32eu/t

• Thank, we have a industrial electroyzer but it keeps saying insuffienct power line, is there a certain eu/t it has to be? we were giving it 32eu/t

Bauxite needs constant 128 eu/t, you can find the info of energy needed in NEI (I believe it's recorded as MaxEnergy: 128 eu/t or something like that)..

• Suggestion: Aluminium HV cable.

Nooooooooo! I had already thought about Aluminium Cable, don't suggest it before me! ^^
    To me, it should be more like a cable with absolutely 0 % losses, cheap and able to transmit up tp 3EU/t ... but not /p. I mean, this would be a very useful cable to power machine away from your energy source, but as it would be unable to deals with mutliple packets, this wouldn't be a good one to collect energy.

Others cables suggestion:
    Silver Cables:
    Recipe: 3 Silver Ingot + 6 Rubber --> 3 Silver Cables. EU losses: 1 per 8 cables.
    Usage: Collecting energy from Windmills, powering machine away from your energy source.
    Electrum Cables:
    Recipe: As for Gold, just give only 6 cables instead of 12. EU losses: 1 EU/5 cables (max insulation).
    Usage: Powering Advanced Machine away from your energy source.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Bauxite needs constant 128 eu/t, you can find the info of energy needed in NEI (I believe it's recorded as MaxEnergy: 128 eu/t or something like that)..

I have the latest NEI installed and it didnt say, and sadly nor does the wiki. But thanks for the tip.

• Alright next question sorry about the double post, what is a good way to generate power early game, right now we are running over of generators.

• Alright next question sorry about the double post, what is a good way to generate power early game, right now we are running over of generators.

I was using coal coke for my first generator.. no idea.. probably peat is better lol..and then to geothermal generator with magma crucible/netherracks or pumping lava from the nether..

• almost all modern powergrids use aluminium for long distance, high voltage power transmission (and uninsulated). internal systems like what you suggested use mainly copper.

• Yeah, the main thing that doesn't make sense for me about IC2 is the cable EU loss. How can a copper cable lose 1 EU over 5 meters? How can a gold cable lose 1 EU every 2.5 blocks? I don't really get it.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• almost all modern powergrids use aluminium for long distance, high voltage power transmission (and uninsulated). internal systems like what you suggested use mainly copper.

Yep, but copper is also supposed to be more efficient than tin (wich isn't really a good way to transmit power lol ^^) ... But we don't care. Does optic fiber conducts electricity ? It could (in the future ^^) conducts energy, but it would need a converter Light-Electricity ...

I've just suggested more cable because I'm bored of the "Tin for green gens, copper for small setup, opticfiber for long distance". How are you supposed to do if you haven't diamond enough to spend it to power only one machine but don't want extreme losses ?
    That's why I've suggested one cable for each thing lacking in IC², to me.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

I kept on using netherrack powered geothermals until I got my second nuclear reactor online.

You will need Thermal Expansion and a netherportal and running even 3 geothermals will chew netherrack like it's going out of style.

I got by using just 5 magmatic engines, 2 magma cruciples and one redstone power cell.

I kept on using netherrack powered geothermals until I got my second nuclear reactor online.

You will need Thermal Expansion and a netherportal and running even 3 geothermals will chew netherrack like it's going out of style.

I got by using just 5 magmatic engines, 2 magma cruciples and one redstone power cell.

Even better if you got mystcraft and railcraft installed. Make a pump station in the middle of a giant lava lake and plop a pump down in the building. Set up a mystcraft portal link book for where you want rail cart to appear. Do the same in the overworld, not set up your rail system ;) you'll need liquid loaders and unloaders, 2 holding tracks, 2 powered tracks and of course a tank cart. Also two mystcraft portal frames to stick those link books into :P

about cables/wires, one thing I didn't understand about the HV cables and yes it's refined iron... but iron... IRON SUCKS AS A CONDUCTIVE METAL. There I said it... no really iron is the worst kind of metal to use for conductive wiring. 1 it'll overheat and melt itself, so in this case I think aluminum should take it's place... then again the whole wire/cable system seems rather messed up and not make much sense to me.