[GregTech-6][1.7.10] Moved to Website [Closed]

• Yep, but copper is also supposed to be more efficient than tin (wich isn't really a good way to transmit power lol ^^) ... But we don't care. Does optic fiber conducts electricity ? It could (in the future ^^) conducts energy, but it would need a converter Light-Electricity ...

I've just suggested more cable because I'm bored of the "Tin for green gens, copper for small setup, opticfiber for long distance". How are you supposed to do if you haven't diamond enough to spend it to power only one machine but don't want extreme losses ?
    That's why I've suggested one cable for each thing lacking in IC², to me.

the Glass fiber cables have a silver line in them (assuming you use that recipe) which is a very good conductor. The main issue i have is the uselessness of EV cables, which theoretically should have the lowest power loss, hence my suggestion for an aluminium cable which operates best at HV or EV (preferably in the 2048-8196 range) with extremely low loss, but needing to be uninsulated, therefore will electrocute anyone who gets too close.

Edit: on the iron topic:

if you double the voltage irl, this will half the current, and quarter the power loss for the same resistance.

So, if you quadruple the voltage (512 - 2048 ), this will quarter the current (ie 1/4 the number of packets), so, if using RL mechanics, would result in 1/16 the power loss for the same resistance, so using something with 10x the resistance, and still get less power loss (10/16, or at least should).

• I added gregtech, IC² and factorization to the FTB-Magicpack, and now all IC²-Machines are gone. I had GraviSuit and Adv. Solars installed, but removed them partiallry and the machines are still missing. Or is it buildcrafts fault(ID problem on 1.4.5+)?

• the Glass fiber cables have a silver line in them (assuming you use that recipe) which is a very good conductor.

And the diamond is here for ... ? ^^

if you double the voltage irl, this will half the current, and quarter the power loss for the same resistance.

So, if you quadruple the voltage (512 - 2048 ), this will quarter the current (ie 1/4 the number of packets), so, if using RL mechanics, would result in 1/16 the power loss for the same resistance, so using something with 10x the resistance, and still get less power loss (10/16, or at least should).

Yep, I know, but cable aren't made like that in IC². IC² cables are made to makes you use one type of cable for each situation. And Refined Iron Cables aren't totally usefull, as it can be used one by one without any losses. But yeah, they only exist for some setup, not for energy transmission.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Even better if you got mystcraft and railcraft installed. Make a pump station in the middle of a giant lava lake and plop a pump down in the building. Set up a mystcraft portal link book for where you want rail cart to appear. Do the same in the overworld, not set up your rail system you'll need liquid loaders and unloaders, 2 holding tracks, 2 powered tracks and of course a tank cart. Also two mystcraft portal frames to stick those link books into

That's why I won't install mystcraft (+ dense ore world + easy teleportation) and maybe RC. Because to me, this is clearly cheating. Why should you use something else than 30 geogen to get UUM + energy suppliance ? There is no reason with these mods :/

Hopping I'm not doubleposting ... *someonemightpostduringI'mtyping*.
    Edit: Oh no, I failed.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• And the diamond is here for ... ? ^^

Yep, I know, but cable aren't made like that in IC². IC² cables are made to makes you use one type of cable for each situation. And Refined Iron Cables aren't totally usefull, as it can be used one by one without any losses. But yeah, they only exist for some setup, not for energy transmission.

The diamond is there as a semiconducting material to act as a thermoelectric to convert some of the wasted heat back into EU, thereby dropping the effective loss :D

edit: i can come up with a stupid rationalization for a large number of silly things, most of which have much more efficient solutions, but devs don't do.

• the Glass fiber cables have a silver line in them (assuming you use that recipe) which is a very good conductor. The main issue i have is the uselessness of EV cables, which theoretically should have the lowest power loss, hence my suggestion for an aluminium cable which operates best at HV or EV (preferably in the 2048-8196 range) with extremely low loss, but needing to be uninsulated, therefore will electrocute anyone who gets too close.

HV cables aren't that bad. 95% of the power makes thru 100 blocks range. Which makes it good substitute for glass fiber if you can't afford them. (Though the transformers will set you back 2 diamonds/rubys)

• HV cables aren't all that bad. If you consider the packet size, the relative loss isn't all that great.
    Plus, they totally look badass, taking almost full block, 95% of which is rubber insulation with a thumb-sized iron cable in the middle (at least with sphax textures). Truly a look to behold. :D

• That's why I won't install mystcraft (+ dense ore world + easy teleportation) and maybe RC. Because to me, this is clearly cheating. Why should you use something else than 30 geogen to get UUM + energy suppliance ? There is no reason with these mods :/

Hopping I'm not doubleposting ... *someonemightpostduringI'mtyping*.
    Edit: Oh no, I failed.

Meh considering that I only use gen-thermal power just to get me started most of the lava I gather is going to be used later on for other perposes. Once I get the resources I'll be making a windmill tower solar power station using compact solars (omg so much resource use with these.) and of course Nuclear energy (you can quadruple your energy amount from nukes by hooking up 4 HV cables which connect to HV transformers which connect to MFSU, so lets say the basic 1 hook up output of a 64 million EU reactor, 4 cables = 4 times 64 :p and according to the IC2 developers this isn't an exploit or a bug but a feature.)

eventually though I'll set up some lightning rod stations and eventually a fusion reactor.

• I just make a nuclear reactor and once I fabricate and get 16 Iridium Plates, I make myself an Ultimate Solar Panel and that becomes my main power supply.
    I tend to build 3-8 of these solars and once I made the fusion reactor I connected all of them but 2 to the input side. The key to Ultimate Power(TM).
    Also, 4 of these solars are enough to produce enough EU/t to make Iridium/Platinum using the Fusion Reactor indefinitely (as long as it's day and you have enough materials).

Almost every time something new comes out in greg-tech I should create a new world, but I don't because that would be too often and I couldn't get a lot of stuff.

Fusion Power Engineering Industries® Making Fusion™ Automation Chamber© is DONE!!!!!!!! HAYO!!!

Hint: Click the Automation Chamber text to see how it looks :D

• Official Post

(you can quadruple your energy amount from nukes by hooking up 4 HV cables which connect to HV transformers which connect to MFSU, so lets say the basic 1 hook up output of a 64 million EU reactor, 4 cables = 4 times 64 :p and according to the IC2 developers this isn't an exploit or a bug but a feature.)

You mean the Reactor Chambers outputting all the EU once per Cable? I'm sure that has been mentioned as a Bug.

• Yep, but copper is also supposed to be more efficient than tin (wich isn't really a good way to transmit power lol ^^) ... But we don't care. Does optic fiber conducts electricity ? It could (in the future ^^) conducts energy, but it would need a converter Light-Electricity ...

I've just suggested more cable because I'm bored of the "Tin for green gens, copper for small setup, opticfiber for long distance". How are you supposed to do if you haven't diamond enough to spend it to power only one machine but don't want extreme losses ?
    That's why I've suggested one cable for each thing lacking in IC², to me.

Up until recently I worked in the electrical industry. Copper IS more energy efficient that aluminum (it has lower resistance). The reason aluminum is used so much in the industry is that it's much cheaper that copper. The price of copper has spiked for the last decade due to the ramp up of China's economy. When you use aluminum in place of copper, you need to up-size the wire gauge to carry the same amount of current. Copper is so expensive now that quite a few palces have a problem with copper thieves stealing their power cables.

• Up until recently I worked in the electrical industry. Copper IS more energy efficient that aluminum (it has lower resistance). The reason aluminum is used so much in the industry is that it's much cheaper that copper. The price of copper has spiked for the last decade due to the ramp up of China's economy. When you use aluminum in place of copper, you need to up-size the wire gauge to carry the same amount of current. Copper is so expensive now that quite a few palces have a problem with copper thieves stealing their power cables.

And there are often crispy copper thieves around due to trying to steal live installations, also somewhat splattered thieves due to attempted lead shingle theft.
    Full block live HV Alu cables anyone? sounds fun to me :D

• Up until recently I worked in the electrical industry. Copper IS more energy efficient that aluminum (it has lower resistance). The reason aluminum is used so much in the industry is that it's much cheaper that copper. The price of copper has spiked for the last decade due to the ramp up of China's economy. When you use aluminum in place of copper, you need to up-size the wire gauge to carry the same amount of current. Copper is so expensive now that quite a few palces have a problem with copper thieves stealing their power cables.

This is true, the difference though is that compared to copper aluminum is much more common which is why it's much cheaper to use than copper.

• Hey Greg, Can you please add some kind of way to detect a water type container in the Grinder? We are really trying something fun and new we always build in the overworld and its always to damn frigan pretty. I'm tired of it. I want it to be like end the world survive in the nether but we are starting to get limited by to many mods. I wonder if you can at least make our lives little easier maybe detecting a water container of some type. I just wish I could place water in the nether X(

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• And the diamond is here for ... ? ^^

I use them for energy transmission. What's the big deal, unless you need every last EU for some reason? You can go out of loaded chunk distance with under 10% loss.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• @Kane You can place water in the Nether, you just can't place buckets of water there. I don't think you need grinder for matter fabricator.