Nuclear reactor 1.105 speculation.

• Well, that leak didn't go unnoticed for long, did it? Credits to RichardG, it's his first attempt at modelling via Techne.

Techne isn't really for making block models, I had to adjust several values...

I hope ICE-CASUCS will still be possible, because 1.3 destroyed most Bucket-CASUC-Designs with the addition of stackable empty Buckets.

Imagine more than 2070 EU/t coming from your Reactor with Quadcelltechnology!

CASUCs aren't implemented as I'm typing. I don't know Alblaka's stand on this but in my personal opinion he's not going to readd CASUC.

• Official Post

I'm curious, is the way the new reactor system going to be so fundementaly different that current reactor designs are going to break? (Or explode)
    Or are you just adding more toy's for us to play with?

Most current setups will blow up.
    As well, redstone behavior for reactors will inverse (needs redstone to activate).

I recommend to dismount Reactors before updating to 1.105+.
    For server owners, I've added the feature of auto-disabling reactors when nuclearGeneration (via config) is set to 0 (owners can do this to forcefully disable all reactors and tell players to remove/disarm them accordingly).

• I recommend to dismount Reactors before updating to 1.105+.
    For server owners, I've added the feature of auto-disabling reactors when nuclearGeneration (via config) is set to 0 (owners can do this to forcefully disable all reactors and tell players to remove/disarm them accordingly).

I know that it takes its time to farm everything for an reactor, but... I would just enjoy the explosive show on some servers :3 :P (especially on those tekkit-noob ones :P)

• I would just enjoy the explosive show on some servers :3 :P (especially on those tekkit-noob ones :P)

Oh god, you don't realize what this means! Endless threads from Tekkit-noobs titled "OMG Y MY REATCOR GO SPLODED?!!!!!"!

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Hmm, with the possibility of reactors causing such mass damage to server's i propose a way to limit the amount of "Oh no! my reactor went poof! why you no fix!?"

Can we some how make a "I have read and understand that this new update could cause massive damage to my world and have backed up my world!" Before you can enter a old world on the new update?
    Kinda as a heads up and a disclaimer.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Hmm, with the possibility of reactors causing such mass damage to server's i propose a way to limit the amount of "Oh no! my reactor went poof! why you no fix!?"

Can we some how make a "I have read and understand that this new update could cause massive damage to my world and have backed up my world!" Before you can enter a old world on the new update?
    Kinda as a heads up and a disclaimer.

There is a reason why changelogs exist, if people don't read them (Like most do), its their fault. Bad for them, Fun for me.

• Which means you can turn 3 Raw Uranium into 16 Uranium Cells (which cannot be used to convert 1:8 depleted again, since they're uranium cells, not raw uranium ingots).
    That's definitely not "infinite Uranium", merely 'a lot of'. Which again is a buff to Nuclear and could help turning it into the endgame power source.

One ingot can be converted to 8 isotopes. You will have to spend one uranium (cell) to enrich them to 8 uranium, so you get 7 uranium cels per one ingot. And if 25% chance of natural near-depleting, it will be 9 cells per ingot. At 4 effectiveness, each uranium cell is 8mil eu. So, energetic value of one uranium INGOT is about 72 million EU. Or 432 UU or 61 iridium ore, or about a one full quantum set, including diamonds and stuff.

• cubic meter or uran 19.040KG with effective power to KG of 83 TJ (T == 10^12)

with coal burnpower of 34 MJ (10^6) per KG

Soo we need to burn 2.5 million kilogramms coal to get power of single kg of uran.

let keep 1:1 ration and energy production rates of IC2

4000 (single coal) * 2 500 000 == 10 000 000 000 EU per uran cell.

• Official Post

One ingot can be converted to 8 isotopes. You will have to spend one uranium (cell) to enrich them to 8 uranium, so you get 7 uranium cels per one ingot. And if 25% chance of natural near-depleting, it will be 9 cells per ingot. At 4 effectiveness, each uranium cell is 8mil eu. So, energetic value of one uranium INGOT is about 72 million EU. Or 432 UU or 61 iridium ore, or about a one full quantum set, including diamonds and stuff.

You need to calculate with potential efficiency 7 and 5 EU/pulse (halfed).
    ~42kk EU.
    I think I should probably reduce the amount of depleted uran cells gained from a single uranium.

• Crap so now I have to add an RP2 OR gate and an inverter for my setup to worker FUUUUU. Ahwell. Turning on with Rstone signal IS MUCH safer.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• Official Post

what about ability to disable mod relater inventory iteractions serverside?

i want to prevent cacus win button with bukets and deployer.

CASUCs aren't implemented as I'm typing. I don't know Alblaka's stand on this but in my personal opinion he's not going to readd CASUC.

Answer enough?

• you may try to implement plutonium and torium fuel "upgrades" with much reduced power of uranium, but, possible something similar already implemented.

The only reason the US govt started their nuclear program with uranium reactors was so they could create enough material to construct tens of thousands of nuclear weapons. Other countries followed suit with India as somewhat of an exception because they plan to actually use thorium reactors. Reactors fueled by uranium or plutonium are dangerous, expensive, would not be economically feasable to run without govt backed insurance, and uranium is not exactly abundant. Thorium reactors are safe, relatively clean, cheap, and thorium is abundant. Small amounts of uranium would be needed to start a thorium reactor but after that the thorium begins to transmute into uranium, possibly yielding a surplus of uranium. Its all very sexy and would add some diversity to the whole reactor system. Maybe get thorium from processing basalt in a certain way? Recycling?

Source: http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf62.html
    Source: Forbes

Answer enough?

disabled any inventory interactions and possible implemented as personal storage to protect from griefing-schematics stealing and winbutton with components reloading.
    cacus is not only win button possible with RP TEs.

Mensrea

i hope multiple tiers will actually be implemented and more then one reactor setup will be possible (it's all true about single perfect setup everyone used, on my server everyone used 130eu reactor with same setup)

• i like the idea of tier upgrades... something along the lines of ...fission->fusion->antimatter->omg how do i control this let alone use it?!

it is my opinion that your first mass fab should only be the beginning of something much...much greater...

something to shove solar-spam out as a primary source later in the game.

[omitted long post better suited for a different section]

• *puts his hat of speculation on*

Am I the only one that thinks that maybe will be tiers aside classes with nuclear reactors?