New credit types to increase variation in market pricing, without using additional plugins.

• Much as the title explains.

Our server currently uses IC credits as currency in our market. With basic materials, this works wonders. For example, a single iron ingot is 1 credit. The problem with this is that when you get to say, a quarry, the value in items would be closer to 150 credits. If you're using tradomats (which I do so love to use) this means a max price of 64 credits, and basically grossly undervalues the higher valued items.

Some of my server members have suggested we use different items, tungsten, diamond covers, diamonds, whatever. The problem I have with that is, credits are awesome, they're ACTUALLY money. This adds to the immersion of the market, and the value of the money AS money. Bringing in other items to replace it doesn't add to that feeling, it makes the feeling of an undeveloped market aspect to the game.

So, here you have it, I would like to see new credit types.

Ideally, it would be awesome if the system was comprehensive enough that an item requiring 64 regular credits could accept a single gold credit (highest valued credit assuming it's 64 creds to 1 gold cred) and register it as payment.

However, I'd settle simply for there being different coloured coins with different ids. For example, gold could be 30186:1 and copper could be 30186:2. If these extra items existed, I could setup trade-o-mats to trade gold for silver coin (current colour of credits), and silver for copper coins (new and lowest valued coin) and so on.

So, this here's my request.

I appreciate the thought, whether it leads to a yes or a no, thanks all the same.

Here're the edited images of the basic coin, just to give an idea on it.

• Official Post

Why not just craft coins to their higher Value. Like:
    8 Coppercoins = 1 Bronzecoin
    8 Bronzecoins = 1 Ironcoin
    8 Ironcoins = 1 Goldcoin (or a Silvercoin, from which 8 of them can be crafted to 1 Goldcoin)
    8 Goldcoins = 1 Diamondcoin
    and their reverserecipes

But the Moneysystem needs a serious Overhaul. Like a Machine, which creates Money out of raw Resources (with limited access like Safes), and can only be crafted if enabled via config (so that OPs can spawn them into the Game).

Sadly this got already suggested and ignored/denied (but new Nuclearreactorcomponents too, and see what we will get in the next Version...)

• I really do hope this gets added, as I'm setting up a trading market and I want to sell diamond, like any reasonable trading market. A stack of ICs is probably not worth a diamond. +1

Also, kudos on the mock-up. I like mock-ups.

• The use of IC credits craftable for all, is like having a printing machine making 100€ on your basement.

• The use of IC credits craftable for all, is like having a printing machine making 100€ on your basement.

I'm inclined to agree, what's stopping solar spammers from using UU-Matter to create money for essentially nothing?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• What's to stop the crafting of these items?

Personally, I use modifyworld (a plugin that comes with permissionsEX) to limit items I don't want crafted.
    If you have that modifyworld.jar in your plugins folder with any permissions plugin, you can just add

-modifyworld.items.craft.**** (replacing **** with the actual item number.)

I don't know how anyone would adequately run a server without having some way to limit the crafting or placing of some items, unless they can truly trust the members on their server.

On my server, players are unable to craft credits, so a credit is worth whatever we make it. Credits must be bought using money that players earn in the game. I could just go completely with the iConomy money and scrap the whole credits idea, but personally, It think shops full of trade-o-mats are fun as hell, and it makes money a physical item (not just an account) that people can hold onto.

The reason I didn't get too technical about the breakdown of coins as the first response suggested is because if you want something implemented, you should first lay the idea down as simple as possible, in the hopes that it won't be viewed as a major pain in the ass to implement.

All we really need is new items and IDs for them. As server owners, we should be able to work out the rest, trade-o-mats that you put in copper coins to exchange for silver coins and so on. Again, this could all be ignored if we just used other items as currency, like diamond covers, or gold ingots, or whatever. It would be nice, however, to have currency system that built on the immersion of our market.

-Caid.

• Better Idea: 'Industrial Fiat Currency'

Uses a machine called a Ink Presser. It CANNOT be crafted, but can easily be admin spawned into the world. It will consume Ink + Paper and an optional resource, and create currency of incremental amounts. Also, the paper can be crafted up or down to higher and lower denominations (like five $1's can craft into one $5, and so forth)

Admins could then control how much currency can be in circulation, and even if they want to add the option of players to use the machine at an additional, configurable, input resource cost (like gold, diamonds, or Redpower Gems). This way, all currency crafted has to be backed by a set resource amount...

Edit: An extension of this system could involve a 'banking' chat system where electronic accounts and 'credit' could be set up as well...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Sorry for the double post, just want to clearly list this response as a separate thought, after reconsideration.

GregoriousT suggested

8 Coppercoins = 1 Bronzecoin
    8 Bronzecoins = 1 Ironcoin
    8 Ironcoins = 1 Goldcoin (or a Silvercoin, from which 8 of them can be crafted to 1 Goldcoin)
    8 Goldcoins = 1 Diamondcoin

This is actually a very good idea, and would work very well, so long as the base coin is uncraftable, using permissions. A server could allow the crafting of credits if they wanted to, but ours is based upon the idea that currency is controlled by the government(server). Turning your earned small credits into higher vallued credits and back down to the base credits isn't a bad idea, though, so long as the higher value credits are only craftable by the base credits (an uncraftable, and purely earnable item)

Just wanted to add that, nice idea Gregorious.

-Caid.

• YES! Credit Cards in IC2!!! A credit card reader could work sort of like a trade-o-mat, and use 1 EU per transaction or something. But it may be hard to prevent credit card debt...

• While I think these new ideas are great, credit card and all that, I'm still pushing for simply having two new coins added to the game. It's a lot harder to implement a whole new money system, so it's much less likely that the devs will consider it a light task.

Let's take the first step, before we take the last step.

-Caid.

• While I think these new ideas are great, credit card and all that, I'm still pushing for simply having two new coins added to the game. It's a lot harder to implement a whole new money system, so it's much less likely that the devs will consider it a light task.

Let's take the first step, before we take the last step.

-Caid.

It still leaves the problem of the printing machine in the basement.

That ruins every kind of economic system. I mean, with that you don't have to buy cheap sell high, just spam solars and massfabs.

So in my opinion, all money-related things of IC should be thinking with bukkit-plugins and admin-control in mind, wherever you use credit card, coins or paper money.

I still prefer the old good Iconomy (& co).

• Credit card! cool!
    What about this:

-making the coins not craftable into other coins tiers. so u are unable to convert coins into others.
    -create a Credit-o-mat that have 2 function: act like a moneyexchanger to change the coins for a little cost of EU and act like cash machine to charge your credit card with coins.
    -make Trade-o-mat and the Energy-o-mat be able to work also with credit card.

the recipie could be the follow:
    Credit-o-mat:
    R :Electronic Circuit: R
    :Refined Iron::Advanced Machine::Refined Iron:
    :Refined Iron: PS :Refined Iron:

Credit card:
    R P R
    P :Electronic Circuit: P
    R P R

Where R are Redstone, PS are Personal Safe, and P are Paper

• The debt problem could be simply solved with a server config option. Later on if the demand is for a more complex system then it can be implemented at the time and effort of the devs. But for now just a simple "Dont allow users to have less than x dollars" should suffice. I am all for a credit card for ic2, would make things easy to keep track of. As long as at some point players can have more than one account. Like savings and checking. Maybe even include loaning from players that act like banks. Could be interesting depending on how it gets implemented. Good suggestion though.

Error 404: Signature not found!