[1.106] Experience from smelting in IC2 machines

• So I noticed you sometimes get experience for smelting item stacks (like in a vanilla furnace from 1.3.2 onwards) and sometimes you don't.

Is this a bug or intended behavior, as in: some random() in there to balance around the lowered smelting time?

• I think its random if you get exp or not.

Gaming Rig: Intel Core i7 3820 @ 4.6ghz || 8gigs DDR3 Ram @ 1600mhz || ATI 6950 1G || Corsiar H70 Liquid Cooling || Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard || 60GB Corsair Agility III SSD (For MC :D)

• I had to offload the output-only slots due to the XP calculation hardcodedly looking up the furnace recipe table. I might make electric furnaces give XP as proper, but I don't know...

Yeah, I just had a look at the code and cannot find anything related to handing out exp orbs for smelting in the IC2 machines - could have sworn I got exp from them earlier but can't seem to do so, now... :huh:

Adding a method to Forge's version of FurnaceRecipes handling spawning the exp orbs based on an itemstack and the player entity would probably the way to go? All the data is stored there, anyway and I bet there's other mods wanting to use this as well, without copy pasting from the SlotFurnace everytime :)

• Dont make it abusable (Smelting dust, macerating ingot,smelting dust, macerating ingot and so on)

SHHH!!!! Damn it imer!

jk jk... mining XP will be the real OP problem with Lappacks and Diamond drills... You'd be surprised how quick to 30 you'll get (I'm guessing, btw) via just mining blocks left and right...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• You'd be surprised how quick to 30 you'll get (I'm guessing, btw) via just mining blocks left and right...

What are you going to use it on?

"Hey dude, check out my SUPER BESTEST FLAME ASPECT, POWER V, SMITE V DIAMOND SWORD!!!" exclaimed Steve1 "Oh, that's pretty cool, I only have a nano-saber that kills pretty much everything in one hit." stated Steve2

-typical conversation if infinite XP farms are allowed.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Dont make it abusable (Smelting dust, macerating ingot,smelting dust, macerating ingot and so on)

Yeah, that could actually be pretty abusable with like a stack of gold ingots, then again XP is not such a big problem: if you could afford macerating+smelting stuff fast enough for this to be profitable you could probably build an enderman trap in the end, too :)

Think it's like 13 stacks of golden ingots for level 30?

Yeah, been playing vanilla for a bit

The xp change is quite nice :)

Btw: are enchanted picks still faster than ddrills?

An Efficiency IV diamond pick seems to be slightly faster than the diamond drill, also don't forget having Fortune III on it more than doubles your diamonds and redstone :)

• basically if you right click iron/gold from furnace you will receive all the xp. So here you go it works. Well i doesn't with left click.

...its not like i have an idea on how Alblaka mind works...

-
    It has tiny stupid what below?... A RATING SYSTEM! here goes my face :Advanced Furnace: cmon it is even transparent you can't be serious.

-typical conversation if infinite XP farms are allowed.

Oh, but you forget that we still have yet to see Thaumcraft 3, and if XP will play a role it its progression... :P

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

• On a totally semi off topic issue, i always find it stupid calling it exp, since exp is something you accumulate with the ages and stuff you do. A better name would be Vital essence or some shit since it makes a little more sense coming from killing and mining then wasting it all on enchantments. /Semi off topic.

• On a totally semi off topic issue, i always find it stupid calling it exp, since exp is something you accumulate with the ages and stuff you do. A better name would be Vital essence or some shit since it makes a little more sense coming from killing and mining then wasting it all on enchantments. /Semi off topic.

This indeed probably belongs in off topic, but I do agree with you. While exp or xp is what is technically used in "levels", I hate the fantasy direction that minecraft keeps sliding towards, and naming it experience sounds so much like something in a fantasy kind of game, although what can you call it while not leading it this way when it is solely used in enchanting?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Because its sole use its for enchanting (Also the fact that you lose some/all of it when you enchant) what i say that i should be called something like Life Essence or Mana or Coin their own term for that instead of exp.

It's just goes to show that despite Notch's great genius at trying to create and develop attributes to Minecraft, not all of his ideas were worth implementing...

Thankfully Jeb has evolved the game into something that's a bit more robust than in beta version's past, lol...