[1.4.2] Open Beta v1.108

• For the love of god, why? The problem is already fixed, you just need to implement the fixes. I already have a working version of the latest 1.4.2 beta with sounds thanks to the fixes that matjam provided.

I PM'd Alblaka and RichardG, and offered to help fix bugs. No reply from either of them. No, "thanks", not even a "bugger off, we don't need your help".

I have spare time to work on bugs. I've already posted fixes for two bugs. However, I'm not willing to work on bugs if they don't want me to and aren't going to look at any suggested fixes. It's just a waste of my time.

I'd love to contribute my time to the project, because I love IC2, and it's personally a requirement for any game of Minecraft I play.

there is no "complete" fix.
    only partial.

The lack of any sound playing at all is fixed with my suggested fixes. The scaling of volume based on distance isn't perfect. There are some issues with sounds not playing when you get back into range. But they're separate issues. My bugfix is better than disabling all sound, imho.

• normal users listen winamp and some external music, not machines, there is completely no reason to waste time on sounds as long as something else need hand.

You can switch off sounds completely in the Minecraft options if you don't want them, but force-disabling them might be annoying for other players.

I PM'd Alblaka and RichardG, and offered to help fix bugs. No reply from either of them. No, "thanks", not even a "bugger off, we don't need your help".

There had been a discussion on this a while ago to allow others to access the source-code (aka semi-open-source model), but so far no decision. I am having similar issues with that: I could spend a weekend and probably fix most bugs that are currently around, but I don't have the source-code and I don't have a way of submitting those bugs, which kind of makes the potential time invested pointless. However the last time Alblaka answered this request he had been in the middle of exams (or something like that) and probably still is, so maybe he might say more to it in the future.

• That's a few month the lack of sound break a part of the game pleasure. No fix for this at the moment. And the only answer is "We don't need help". That's a lot of arrogance.

I don't speak any language, this is only a mental translocation of my mind. So if you don't understand any word of what i'am saying, please make a neural direct connection to my brain, in french.
    Please, give us a tool to mine the background wallpaper !

• Official Post

We don't need help.

I don't think I can leave this standing, uncommented.

I do agree with the 'we don't need a new coder every 2 weeks',
    but we still need the help of community, whether by means of figuring out/finding/testing bugs and fixes.

Be advised I generally ignore any sort of "Can I help" PMs, given we got a thread exspecially for that (and everyone PMing me indicates he didn't read said thread).

• I do agree with the 'we don't need a new coder every 2 weeks',
    but we still need the help of community, whether by means of figuring out/finding/testing bugs and fixes.

Does that mean you will use fixes that are based off deobfuscated/decompiled code? Were the two bugs I worked on useful?

I'd like to know if time I spend on fixing bugs is not a complete waste of my time.

Be advised I generally ignore any sort of "Can I help" PMs, given we got a thread exspecially for that (and everyone PMing me indicates he didn't read said thread).

Sorry. It took some hunting to find that thread, it's in the IC2 forum, as a sticky, and you have to scroll past a list of all the forums in the ic2 section to see. Maybe you can understand why I didn't find it. I did look.

Though, you don't have any dev spots open?

• A question for the IC2 devs, are you waiting for the 1.4.5 release that's supposed to be uploaded to the launcher tomorrow (November 20, 2012) before releasing another open beta? I'm assuming that this is the case, but I would appreciate official confirmation on this.

I'm not asking for release dates or anything (I try to steer clear of things like that), I'm just trying to figure out the plans behind one of my favourite Minecraft mods.

Thanks in advance.

• nothing new...

If you want to help by coding something - just code something, you dont need permission (or blessing or whatever) for this, just do it and then post fixed classes...

And dev req thread useless hayo, there is still no way to get wiki permissions to upload images, but you want source ...

• Nice to see you guys are working on an update, i'm sticking at 1.4.2 now but you guys have been doing a great job at keeping active with the community lately :)

Looking forward to the new version, keep up the good work :)

Thanks,
    LilGimli

• Hi, just one little question:

is this beta generaly not working with 1.4.4 or am i doing something wrong. I just drag the jar file into the mods folder and that i start up minecraft. after loging in it just stays at the Mojang logo and doesn't do anything. By the way other mods like Tree capitator and BUildcraft are working.

Any help would appreciated

Thanks,

MacMichi