Recyclers need a fix

• HAHAHA!!!

This entire thread just made me laugh. Seriously though, mods change. Especially mods that have forums with a suggestions page. Also EE has also changed, not to mention EE2 has not been updated since 1.2.5 (as EE3 is now out) making any argument with EE in it irrelevant unless you are referring to EE3, which most definitely is not OP with other mods, especially in its current form.

On the idea that things change, other mods, and also the absence of them give you ideas in which to change/improve the mod(s) that you use.

On the subject of Balance........ simplicity in itself, IC2 already has a mechanic that would keep this idea balanced. Upgrades. Then the IC2 team can make the upgrade as expensive (item AND/OR energy cost) or cheap as they want to keep everything balanced.

I would prefer not to get an addon for something this small, most probably like mcmz4e. Hence a thread in the suggestions for IC2. Doesn't mean I won't get it. Thanks F4113nb34s (cool name by the way), Quite the powerful little tool this, hence me thinking it would make a good upgrade.

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• btw if anyone needs a little tweak like this, head over to the "my ic2" part of my forum (link in my sig)
    just post what you need and I'll make it for you (as long as it's a tweak not a whole new addon)

• OMG...you actually did it...for a while now I believed you we're just trolling and never bothered to check the thread...but this morning before i head out to work I checked it...and surprise surprise...
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!
    I'll go test it now.
    :) :) :)

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride

• ye the problem is that it's for 1.3.2 I'll try to get it updated to 1.4.2 soon as I can
    edit: oops, reading throught your thread I just realized you said for 1.4.2 :P

• On the subject of Balance........ simplicity in itself, IC2 already has a mechanic that would keep this idea balanced. Upgrades. Then the IC2 team can make the upgrade as expensive (item AND/OR energy cost) or cheap as they want to keep everything balanced.

An upgrade for expanded capacity.
    I would absolutely LOVE to have this added to the main mod, I'd FINALLY have an upgrade I'll actually USE! ;P (I have this thing for efficiency, you see...)

• An upgrade for expanded capacity.
    I would absolutely LOVE to have this added to the main mod, I'd FINALLY have an upgrade I'll actually USE! ;P (I have this thing for efficiency, you see...)

Extra slots for items from upgrades? Sounds... odd. Not only on the idea of it adding more storage by placing something in which obviously takes up space, but also because it sounds hard to code. Can one make a machine which checks how many of item X it has and then increases storage space without exiting the GUI? Best bet is a Multi-block style. Need more storage? Make it bigger. Easy to explain, and easy enough to code, because one isn't likely to place a block while using a GUI.

Unless it used Ender pearls and stuff. But that would rely on Magic. *snort snort* And we all know how well that would go over...

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• Extra slots for items from upgrades? Sounds... odd. Not only on the idea of it adding more storage by placing something in which obviously takes up space, but also because it sounds hard to code. Can one make a machine which checks how many of item X it has and then increases storage space without exiting the GUI? Best bet is a Multi-block style. Need more storage? Make it bigger. Easy to explain, and easy enough to code, because one isn't likely to place a block while using a GUI.

Unless it used Ender pearls and stuff. But that would rely on Magic. *snort snort* And we all know how well that would go over...

Damn it, I hate how correct all your points are... >3>
    I still think it's a good idea, though, and I see no reason why having to exit the GUI to update storage space should be seen as a major detractor. It is, at worst, a minor annoyance, in my opinion.

Explaining it without getting into multi-block machines, though, would be hard... What about simply making machines take items out of adjacent chests?

• Damn it, I hate how correct all your points are... >3>

That's got to me one of the nicest things anyone has said about me on the Internet.

I still think it's a good idea, though, and I see no reason why having to exit the GUI to update storage space should be seen as a major detractor. It is, at worst, a minor annoyance, in my opinion.

Explaining it without getting into multi-block machines, though, would be hard... What about simply making machines take items out of adjacent chests?

I think that taking items out of adjacent chests is a good idea, though. And if it's a upgrade item which does this... Then one could have it balanced by virtue of it takes up to "Upgrade Count" items in one pull, costing EU to do so. And one could add a second upgrade which outputs items into a chest, but does so slowly unless one has a lot of them in the device, again, costing EU. More upgrades = More EU cost, but More Upgrades = Faster Input/Output.
    One could even make them pull from the right slots, a chest above for input, a chest below for output. Well, to the side. I can't think of any machines which are non-opaque, so one wouldn't be able to open the chest if it went downwards into a chest. If it went down, one would need automation tools to get the stuff out.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• I think that taking items out of adjacent chests is a good idea, though. And if it's a upgrade item which does this... Then one could have it balanced by virtue of it takes up to "Upgrade Count" items in one pull, costing EU to do so. And one could add a second upgrade which outputs items into a chest, but does so slowly unless one has a lot of them in the device, again, costing EU. More upgrades = More EU cost, but More Upgrades = Faster Input/Output.
    One could even make them pull from the right slots, a chest above for input, a chest below for output. Well, to the side. I can't think of any machines which are non-opaque, so one wouldn't be able to open the chest if it went downwards into a chest. If it went down, one would need automation tools to get the stuff out.

Chest above for input. Take appropriate item if input buffer empty.
    Chest to the side for output. Put output stack if full or mismatch.
    Chest below for EU sources - RE Batteries and such. Take non empty if no EU, then put empty back.
    Each action has own EU cost.

• Because chests have too much space and automation mods already do that.

I really can't think of anything that is more wrong than that reply in a thread that's based on the fact that recyclers are not viable without an automation mod and wich aims to make recyclers useful with JUST THE MOD THAT THEY ARE PART OF installed.

mcmz4e aka MaryuZ aka 2.muCh.Pride

• Just build more recyclers , like six, upgrade them and that's it..

...its not like i have an idea on how Alblaka mind works...

-
    It has tiny stupid what below?... A RATING SYSTEM! here goes my face :Advanced Furnace: cmon it is even transparent you can't be serious.

• I think everyone has overlooked one large flaw with recyclers. they do not take into account the value of the item being recycled. if you recycle diamonds you get the same amount of scrap as with cobblestone. it doesn't need to be OP, I would just like the reassurance that if buildcraft decides to send something down the wrong pipe, it won't be a total waste.

• I think everyone has overlooked one large flaw with recyclers. they do not take into account the value of the item being recycled. if you recycle diamonds you get the same amount of scrap as with cobblestone. it doesn't need to be OP, I would just like the reassurance that if buildcraft decides to send something down the wrong pipe, it won't be a total waste.

That's not a flaw, that's a feature. Scrap is scrap, doesn't matter what is the source of the scrap. Scrap.

• That's not a flaw, that's a feature. Scrap is scrap, doesn't matter what is the source of the scrap. Scrap.

yes, but I thought that since it takes lots of cobble for a little scrap, it was meant to be taking the trace valuables out and discarding the rest. since diamond is far richer in valuable material, it should produce more.

• yes, but I thought that since it takes lots of cobble for a little scrap, it was meant to be taking the trace valuables out and discarding the rest. since diamond is far richer in valuable material, it should produce more.

I figured it used a plasma arc torch to "recycle" all the things, and the resulting slag is the "scrap". IRL they use the slag to make tar for roads.

Guess what happens when you melt down a diamond? Yaaay charcoal!