~0.7.0-534~ MachineMuse's Modular Powersuits

• This armor set doesn't have to be top tier to begin with, actually it shouldn't. It should be craftable around Nanosuit level tech. At it's core it IS a shell after all, you just install more complex components. With full installation, it could definitely trump Quantum though, but at a REDICULOUS cost, past Quantum itself.

My proposal doesn't add any extra items, so no pressure on your spriters. I'll try to explain why I chose these parts in the first place, too.

Here are my suggestions for the Gregtech recipes for the armor itself:

Armor upgrade components:

• Once you get this mod how you want it, I recommend talking to Kentington, author of the famous Rocket Science mod (Once it is updated of course.), and see about a collab or something, as it appears, based on both how the two add-ons are & the future plans for both, that they could easily mesh. I'd think that one of the mech suits would be epic for exploring Mars 8) and killing whatever stands in your path, and the superconductors & fusion reactors would be a near must-have for these suits for quick charging. Make sense?

Here's a link for quick reference, although with how popular the thread is ATM, it might not be necessary: [Addon v1.95]Rocket Science v0.89 - flying autominers, missiles, and nuclear fusion!

I'll leave with a present: MinecraftSquid . That is all.

:Nuke TNT: = Answer to all problems. Including that creeper camping right outside the door of your glass house.

• Ok for metals, the 2 you may be using are probably aluminium titanium iridium

As far as Teir's go
    That would probably get a reasonable idea for the feel of things.

This armor set doesn't have to be top tier to begin with, actually it shouldn't. It should be craftable around Nanosuit level tech. At it's core it IS a shell after all, you just install more complex components. With full installation, it could definitely trump Quantum though, but at a REDICULOUS cost, past Quantum itself.

My proposal doesn't add any extra items, so no pressure on your spriters. I'll try to explain why I chose these parts in the first place, too.

Awesome, thanks for the primer, and I really like the reasoning behind the materials. Since GregT himself also gives his blessing, would anyone be terribly offended if I just used those recipes wholesale? :P You guys know GTech better than I do.

Once you get this mod how you want it, I recommend talking to Kentington, author of the famous Rocket Science mod (Once it is updated of course.), and see about a collab or something, as it appears, based on both how the two add-ons are & the future plans for both, that they could easily mesh. I'd think that one of the mech suits would be epic for exploring Mars 8) and killing whatever stands in your path, and the superconductors & fusion reactors would be a near must-have for these suits for quick charging. Make sense?

Here's a link for quick reference, although with how popular the thread is ATM, it might not be necessary: [Addon v1.95]Rocket Science v0.89 - flying autominers, missiles, and nuclear fusion!

I'll leave with a present: MinecraftSquid . That is all.

Hehe, it sounds awesome! I'd certainly like my mod to be compatible and work with as many others as possible, but obviously there are still a lot of basic things to iron out. :P

• I got this when attempting to use a power tool with the pickaxe and diamond drill upgrades on stone

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Had a quick play with the mod and so far am enjoying it I like the modular idea allowing you to customise your armour to your liking and have a couple of suggestions for changes that I would like to see;

1. Would it be possible to add a sprint button for use with the leggings like what IC2 Quantum Armour has whereby if you change the config to say only use when the boost key is held down then you can sprint without going insanely fast. (Means I can sprint around holes without it going a bit crazy and throwing myself in)

2. I would like it if you could change the tinker table recipe to use something other than an emerald as realistically your change of mining one is insanely low and so whether or not you get one depends on your ability to find a village in which you have something to trade. (Maybe make it cost even a diamond block as with some of the worlds I have played in where I have had a lot of trouble finding villages getting started in this mod would be next to impossible)

3. As other people have said I would like to see some kind of free flying module that simulates creative flying however make it insanely expensive to make and also use a lot of power so you can only use it sparingly.

Other than that really do love the mod and am looking forward to seeing if you add more modules and what they are.

Edit: Oh and one quick question I installed the sprint assist on a pair of Power Armour Legs and set the speed boost and exhaustion compensation to max I assumed the exhaustion compensation would mitigate the amount of hunger I lost (at full 100% compensation so no hunger loss) yet I still lost all my hunger very quickly sprinting around am I mistaken about what the exhaustion compensation does or is it bugged.

• emerald is really not that hard to find. the trick is that it only spawns in extreme hills biomes. If you mine in one, you should get plenty.

• emerald is really not that hard to find. the trick is that it only spawns in extreme hills biomes. If you mine in one, you should get plenty.

True but with EBXL installed finding a biome on its own takes quite some time.

• I got this when attempting to use a power tool with the pickaxe and diamond drill upgrades on stone

You need to update forge I think? ForgeHooks.canToolHarvestBlock() is the only method on that line.

Had a quick play with the mod and so far am enjoying it I like the modular idea allowing you to customise your armour to your liking and have a couple of suggestions for changes that I would like to see;

1. Would it be possible to add a sprint button for use with the leggings like what IC2 Quantum Armour has whereby if you change the config to say only use when the boost key is held down then you can sprint without going insanely fast. (Means I can sprint around holes without it going a bit crazy and throwing myself in)

Yeh I really am not satisfied with the way minecraft handles keybinds so I'm avoiding any kind of 'boost key' / etc. stuff until I set up a proper GUI to change them. That's probably my next priority, so if I can, it'll be done this weekend, after the Gregtech recipes.

2. I would like it if you could change the tinker table recipe to use something other than an emerald as realistically your change of mining one is insanely low and so whether or not you get one depends on your ability to find a village in which you have something to trade. (Maybe make it cost even a diamond block as with some of the worlds I have played in where I have had a lot of trouble finding villages getting started in this mod would be next to impossible)

Personally I always try to find a village early on because I can't be arsed to set up farms myself, and there's almost always a villager who'll trade for wheat. I thought it served as kind of a useful 'barrier to entry' since hardly anyone uses emeralds for anything but they're not as hard to get as...say...a nether star.

I can make a config option that swaps it out for a diamond block I guess, yeah.

3. As other people have said I would like to see some kind of free flying module that simulates creative flying however make it insanely expensive to make and also use a lot of power so you can only use it sparingly.

I'm going to avoid making a straight-up 'creative flight' since I hate the double-jump to activate/deactivate (and a few mods might conflict on that anyway), but I will probably add some kind of anti-gravity or hover module which allows you to completely stop moving in midair.

Other than that really do love the mod and am looking forward to seeing if you add more modules and what they are.

Edit: Oh and one quick question I installed the sprint assist on a pair of Power Armour Legs and set the speed boost and exhaustion compensation to max I assumed the exhaustion compensation would mitigate the amount of hunger I lost (at full 100% compensation so no hunger loss) yet I still lost all my hunger very quickly sprinting around am I mistaken about what the exhaustion compensation does or is it bugged.

Well, it is a bit iffy since it just calculates the amount of hunger that sprinting would have taken and gives it back, so I might have screwed it up, but keep in mind that sprint-jumping takes a LOT of hunger (4x as much as a regular jump) which the sprint assist doesn't compensate for.

• You need to update forge I think? ForgeHooks.canToolHarvestBlock() is the only method on that line.

I thought I did have the latest Forge version, it turns out I did not, updating fixed the problem.

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• True but with EBXL installed finding a biome on its own takes quite some time.

True, but with Custom Ore Generation, one can find emeralds under plains, or anywhere, actually(just more common in plains). Or you could create a Mystcraft Single Biome Flatland Extreme Hills age and just stripmine the hell out of it.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• ok, I've got almost all of the gregtech recipes to work. I need one for the power tool as well; does this work?
    AXA
    AMA
    XCX
    A = aluminum, M = machineparts, C = data storage circuits, X = nothing (space)

Also: I have to say I love Gregtech's oredictionary unificator. Makes this even easier. I'm just having trouble with the Data Storage Circuits, and the reactor parts for the ion thrusters; I've tried everything from "circuitTier05" to "circuitTier10" and none of them seem to work :s and there doesn't seem to be a registration for the neutronreflector or the cooling vent at all, as far as I can tell.

• Data storage sircuts are circuitTier05 not sure why it isnt working
    The reflectors dont have an oredict entry unfortunatly.

Edit: Drop a post in the gregtech thread, if there is a bug greg is fast at getting thigns fixed.

• Cool mod, Will never ever touch unless if there was say a GregTech Hardcore version of this. That being using certain stuff from GregTech if not even fusion type things to make this work. Great idea's though and looks really sweet but I like my gameplay to be very challenging.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Kane, a gregtech version is currently in the works.

sweet, I really hope its a lot and I mean a LOT more expensive then what Quantium and nano are.. They both are a bit op as is with Greg's techline. But then again even Greg likes it easy :P

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.