[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• @bove Thats a reallynice idea. It would also force you to wear Hazmat/HEV-Suits more often, as you will need 'em more often. And since you only go near a Reactor to eat doghnuts or put in new cells, you would also be forced to wear it there.

• Official Post

Fancy suggestion :
    "Radioactive" food

Obtained when you place raw food near isotope cells in the reactor, it will cook after 600 seconds.
    It looks like a normal food until eaten. When ate it gives the player Wither IV, Hunger IV, Poison IV, Nausea, Blindness IV, Slowness IV, Mining Fatigue IV for 1 hour. Deadly trap eh?

• Official Post

Radioactive food? Liking the sound of that.

Also, electric handsaws. My diamond ones break too often.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Radioactive food? Liking the sound of that.

Also, electric handsaws. My diamond ones break too often.

Could be done, but not due eloraam.

By the way, the sawmill could make RP slabs/panel/covers if RP is installed...

• Official Post

Really? Dang, wasting diamond it is then :(

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• How does the HAZMAT suit thing make sense? Nothing besides radium is dangerously radioactive in those specific types of ore deposits. Uranium and Thorium can be held in the hand and you wouldn't develop problems for a VERY long time while being around the element for a sustained time. I think being around nuclear reactors should require HAZMAT suits, not the ore itself. Plutonium shouldn't be able to be produced via grinding. You get plutonium by centrifuging uranium as the MAIN source in RL. I don't know about the other small occurrences at the moment.

Adding to the drops from "the ore", it should have way more thorium in it. Thorium is much more abundant via ores/mining (no getting uranium from the sea :( in Gregtech...YET!) in RL. Onto the reason I want this to be it's own ore. Rarity. Diamond is only a bit rarer than uranium, but thorium should be found near the surface/much more available. Maybe we could have it generate in deserts or something?

• Official Post

How does the HAZMAT suit thing make sense? Nothing besides radium is dangerously radioactive in those specific types of ore deposits. Uranium and Thorium can be held in the hand and you wouldn't develop problems for a VERY long time while being around the element for a sustained time. I think being around nuclear reactors should require HAZMAT suits, not the ore itself. Plutonium shouldn't be able to be produced via grinding. You get plutonium by centrifuging uranium as the MAIN source in RL. I don't know about the other small occurrences at the moment.

Adding to the drops from "the ore", it should have way more thorium in it. Thorium is much more abundant via ores/mining (no getting uranium from the sea :( in Gregtech...YET!) in RL. Onto the reason I want this to be it's own ore. Rarity. Diamond is only a bit rarer than uranium, but thorium should be found near the surface/much more available. Maybe we could have it generate in deserts or something?

Rubies already generate in deserts, maybe hills and swamps are better suited for that ore.
    Also everything should not be like real life, but a simplification of it. Not forgetting about game balance.

I think you wouldn't like to hold uranium ingots with your bare hands in IRL.

@Suggestion : Digital Tanks, same thing as digital chests, but for liquids. Hold 32798 buckets.

• How about Polonium, Radium, or Neptunium as materials that you can use for EU in a nuclear reactor? You've added two major ones (Thorium and Plutonium), but it'd be cool to have even more.

• To Herobrine_Exodus: Those three elements are not fissile through neutron bombardment. Some of those could amplify the amount of EU (maybe?) produced by a nuclear reactor, but as far as using them for EU? No, no. The only three elements that we can split through neutron bombardment are plutonium, thorium, and uranium. Greg has already implemented all three of those as far as I know. (lol)

Ore Suggestion Topic: You can hold uranium ingots in your hand...Might be a bit warm if it's enriched, but the ore/unnenriched shouldn't do any harm. The solution to this would be to add Radium to the game. It would add radioactivity to the ores. You would get the ore block and that would be radioactive. Putting it in a centrifuge would produce Radium, Uranium, and Thorium. Radium would be a junk product, but it would be useful for fusion recipes. It would be pretty hard to get rid of and keep. That lead box idea is pretty dang cool too Spwnx.

• Suggestion: All machines has excess heat rating, like a reactor- they all gather excess heat every operation and will explode violently when overheat(except blast furnace, which turns to a lava block). Excess heat can only be diminished using heat vent covers, which dissipate heat slowly over time. Control blocks keep their excess heat when wrenched down to prevent cheating. This, of course, adds nothing to the game except being exceptionally obnoxious but that's exactly what Gregtech is about.

• Official Post

Then we should just add a "highly radioactive ore", when macerated gives uranium (5 dusts) and when grind gives uranium (6 dusts), thorium (4 dusts) and plutonium (2 dusts).
    While in inventory it gives you wither I for 30s.

To keep you safe from radiation you must use a lead box (tool box + 8 lead), has 27 slots, able to carry any radioactive thing (including UE ones).
    Also, greg you could make uranium/thorium/plutonium stuff radioactive giving wither II/I/III respectively.

Thorium is Harmless, Uranium should just give you hunger, and you can eat more plutonium then Pure Caffiene before dying, perhaps this:
    Thorium = Hunger 1
    Uranium = Hunger 5 >:D
    Plutonium = Hunger 5 + Wither 1

• On the subject of radioactivity. The placement of Blocks of Uranium (with the addition of Thorium and Plutonium blocks) should inflict an area of status effects around the block. (9x9 maybe) Instead of having the item in your inventory (Is it even possible for an item to inflict status effects while in your inventory?).
    If it is possible for an item to inflict status effects while in your inventory, the effect could be muted, as said, by a lead box (item) that works like a forestry backpack and takes damage every time you open it for the purpose of carrying radioactive ores, dusts and reactor components.

"Being special is only good if it means you stand out above the rest. Not the kind of "special" that requires a caregiver to wipe your ass"

• @bout Radioactive Ore: 1) I suggested that weeks ago ^^
    2) Makes it different of the Uranium ore, much more frequent, but also don't make it output Ura as the main product, I'd suggest more like a 4 Thorium Dust, 1 Uranium and 1/4 Pu (Id. Grinder). Since Thorium have been way nerfed. And with that, delete the Coal to Thorium recipe, or just nerf it a lot.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

I think Fly ash out of the Coal Generator would be better. Since you get it as a Biproduct of large Coal Powerstations and its basically a Concentrated mix of Uranium and Thorium dust, with bits of Carbon in.
    Unrelated: GODFUCKINGDAMN ARGGGG Someone spoiled the end of Bioshock infinite for me :(

• I was thinking that the stuff left over when you burn coal in a generator could be used as a fissionable material as well as being purified into better radioactive things.

• (Like a little kid smashing a fork and a spoon in a table waiting for food)

RA-DI-O-AC-TI-VITY! RA-DI-O-AC-TI-VITY! RA-DI-O-AC-TI-VITY!

I want this so bad, to have a nuclear reactor, a armorstand with a HAZMAT suit and a sign: All employees must wear HAZMAT suits prior to entering reactor room.

And before SirusKing rushes in complaining about the lack of radioactivity in a real reactor: Realism?! THIS! IS! MINECRAFT!!! (kicks physics and realism off the hedge) We demand HAYO and radioactivity is HAYO!

The Viper will hide in the shadows... unseen... unheard... and when you least expect, she strikes.

• Could you please stop with your "radio"-activities. :D

Anyway, I definitely agree with the recent sentiment regarding fissile material from burning coal in the coal generator. Perhaps every coal dust could give one tiny pile of Fly Ash, and every 8 or 16 or so piles of full Fly Ash can be centrifuged into one tiny pile of thorium?
    Personally, I don't think uranium has any business in coal due to its strength, but maybe you could make it centrifuge directly into cells? Methane/carbon cells could also be a product, too.