[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Official Post

We need electric railcraft crowbars.

And water as an amplifier is quite silly, but I like :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It does that already.

Are you sure? With a pulse the length of 1 button press an Electric Transposer transported twenty stacks. I tried it with a 1 tick long redstone pulse using a piston pulse shortener and it didn't do anything. What I would like to happen is a redstone on state no matter the length results in only one operation, like a transposer only transferring one block or one stack.

• Dear Gregorious T,

I had this idea for the distillation tower which involves adding some stuff. So in real life, a distillation tower is like a big tower with different outputs. So firstly, I would like to add temperature. Then, some rubber tubes for gasses (able to carry gasses which are colder than like 400K, or high pressure gasses, hot gasses and maybe some more types), some liquid pipes (like one for keeping something cold, able to resist high temperatures, high pressure, and maybe some other stuff), a simple heater for heating up oil and other liquids to a certain temperature, and stacking means higher temperature, a cooling device for cooling stuff down to make it suitable for other purposes and an advanced cooler (something similar to the vacuum freezer, but which is placable between tubes and pipes), able to liquify gaseous methane and helium (might be useful for lower energy loss for wires), and some more kinds of carbohydrates.

So refining oil means that firstly, you put the oil through some heaters and heat it up to like 700-800K and then into a distil tower (multiblock structure, like a 2*2*8 tower of machine casings or other special blocks). Then, on the top of the distil tower, the player can attach a rubber tube to get some methane from the oil. And on block 7 a liquid tube for naphtha, on block 6 one for kerosene, on block 4 one for diesel, on block 2 one for oil fuel( or other heavy carbonhydrates) and on the bottom a tube or a chest for bitumen (maybe usable for some road blocks which I really miss).

Then, a refinery may be used to convert diesel, kerosene of naphtha into BC fuel (BC fuel into diesel etc.) and some sulphur. Maybe a large generator for oil fuel and diesel and a crack device to break up oil fuel or bitumen into naphtha or kerosene and a Fischer-Tropsch-GTL reactor to produce naphtha, kerosene or diesel out of methane (or natural gas found beneath jungles of as a by-product of pumping out oil with an enhanced pump).

Maybe the distil tower needs to always be filled up with 32 buckets of oil for it to work, because in real life there isn't a working half full distil tower, is there?

Then, advanced engines to produce power more efficient from naphtha, kerosene and diesel than fuel in a diesel generator due to the specification of input liquids and the abilities to chain (diesel)generators to make more powerful and efficient engines (with maybe rubber tubes attached to the top of the engines to carry the exhaust gasses), and what about pollution like TC flux? Though it might be hard to code, awesome it would be to turn forests into deserts and make rain eat away houses (if seriously polluted by using fuels without removing the sulphur from it).
    Bitumen could maybe be turned into a new material: Plastic, useful for a huge amount of stuff...

Maybe liquids in tubes can gradually cool down until the environment temperature is reached (making water tubes break in icy biomes),
    and making (cold) liquefied gasses gradually heat up in tubes breaking them if the tubes aren't pressure resistant.

Just some ideas for your great addon to make them more realistic and maybe awesome.

Yours sincerely,
    Kortmannetje

Edit 2: Removed due to unoriginality.

Edit 3: Fuel cells for efficient and portable energy generation by using electrolyzed water/hydrogen cells (turtle addon/lappack refilling ability?).

Edit 4/ Idea x: A 3D-printer which can print any or a lot of items out of UU-matter (and maybe plastic). Maybe crafted with a computercube, a UUM assembler, a laser? and some other stuff.

Edit 5: Removed due to unoriginality.. Does anybody read these edits?

Edited 7 times, last by Kortmannetje: I noticed some of my ideas were already in the planned additions. ().

• More byproducts for refinery are already planned. Although I agree Greg should make this output one byproduct more efficient than Diesel/Refined Oil.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

More byproducts for refinery are already planned. Although I agree Greg should make this output one byproduct more efficient than Diesel/Refined Oil.

Bitumen = Can be made into a Nice Sexy Block(i should do the texture >:D ), also Electrolysed into Coal. (Stacks up to 8 )

Lubricant = Used in Overclocker Recipe and for iGrinder recipes (Stacks up to 14)
    Diesel = Basically Normal Fuel (Stacks up to 16)
    Petrol = Like fuel, but makes less Energy. (Stacks up to 32)
    Gaseous Petrol = Like fuel, Makes much less Energy. (Stacks up to 64)

And then you could have a Cracking machine, which can Split them up for Energy.
    Bitumen = 2x Lubricant = 4x Diesel = 8x Petrol = 16x Gaseous Petrol
    Bitumen (Semifluid Gen) = 14,000 EU
    Lubricant (Semifluid Gen) = 16,000 EU
    Diesel (Diesel Gen) = 384,000 EU
    Petrol (Diesel Gen) = 200,000 EU
    Gaseous Petrol (Gas Turbine) = 110,000 EU

Note how you get more Energy out of the Petrol/Gaseous Petrol then you would with the Diesel? Well it costs to make one into the other, so it ends up with say 4000 EU Extra from splitting them up, but costs alot more to turn Bitumen into Lubricant and Lubricant into Diesel (Enough so that it is not worth it)

• Are those ideas or confirmed upcoming features? And since petrol fired cars have a better acceleration rate, shouldn't petrol have a higher EU/t output than diesel?
    And does the nice sexy block speed up movement?

• Official Post

Are those ideas or confirmed upcoming features? And since petrol fired cars have a better acceleration rate, shouldn't petrol have a higher EU/t output than diesel?
    And does the nice sexy block speed up movement?

With those stats, petrol DOES output more then diesel because of the EU gain you get from splitting it. IK diesel doesnt split directly into Petrol but for simplicities sake and Minecraft logic, it does.
    Also, just ideas, although it should be features *coughgregcough*

• Official Post

Electric Crowbar is a bad idea. And to dangerous, as freakman could get one.

It would make a good tier one nano sabre, as well as being very useful for heavy railcraft users

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• What about modifying the recipe for glass fiber cables to require machines? As they are now, they're just WAY too easy to acquire, even pretty early on in the game. Also, obviously add a config option for adding the crafting recipes back in, so that people don't complain.

A potential production line;

1 diamond dust + 2 silicon cells in an industrial blast furnace = 1-2 prismatic silicon + 2 empty cells (Slightly more heat requirement then silicon plates)

This silicon is then combined in an alloy furnace with various materials, to yield varying amounts of prismatic alloy, based on the tier of the metal. For example;

1 prismatic silicon + 2 redstone or 4 nikolite = 1-2 prismatic alloy
    1 prismatic silicon + 2 silver = 2-3 prismatic alloy
    1 prismatic silicon + 2 red or blue alloy = 3-4 prismatic alloy
    1 prismatic silicon + 2 electrum = 4-5 prismatic alloy
    (more materials could also obviously be added, such as tungsten or iridium or mercury, though that's up to you)

The prismatic alloy ingots are then put into an automatic wiremill, at the ratio of 1 prismatic alloy + 1-2 glass = 2 glass fiber cables

EDIT: Also, I figure you can probably find uses for these components in the upcoming lasers. (Prismatic silicon could be formed as a wafer or lens, which would probably make a fine lens material, while the alloy could be used as some kind of focusing component? Or the other way around.)

• Official Post

A Few pages back i suggested that you needed to Craft Raw Fibre Wire first in an Assembler using Diamondz and Redstone/Silver/Electrum (Each giving more Raw Wire), then use Glass with it to make the Cable, but instead of Glass, i think Quartz and Murcury would be good.

• A Few pages back i suggested that you needed to Craft Raw Fibre Wire first in an Assembler using Diamondz and Redstone/Silver/Electrum (Each giving more Raw Wire), then use Glass with it to make the Cable, but instead of Glass, i think Quartz and Murcury would be good.

Yeah, either way is fine. I just figured (and should've added in the suggestion itself but was a bit pressed for time) that Greg could find use for the prismatic components in the upcoming lasers, which would make sense since glass fiber cables and lasers are very similar to each other.

Also, making glass fiber cables require mercury/quartz (possibly interchangeably) sounds like a fine idea.

• I wouldn't nerf glass fiber cable in the early game without adding some alternatives, such as silver or electrum cable, that can carry HV and/or have a pretty low energy loss. alternatively, keep the recipe in, but have it have higher yield when using advanced machines.

• yeah, you could maybe even use nether quartz for that...
    and maybe don't change the reciepe too much, let it be craftable, but replace the glass with glassfibres, made from dry sand(-dust) in a compressor or blast furnace or so, but as someone said, leave the reciepe configurable.

I only wanted to ask: if you made antimatter stuff, could you make it compatible with Atomic science antimatter? cus i use that a lot :D
    Maybe without replacement, so you could use 1g of antimatter (if 200mg is too little for you) instead of your antimatter, but still you have the diffrent ways of making them...?
    That could give you a few complications and it would need to be backwards compatible too (yours for the Atomic science one, so yours would have to explode if thrown away too) and you would have to talk with Calclavia about that.
    I hope that you can work that out, to have as little problems as possible, but also as much compatibility as possible.

Greets, Shadow

Iff yu find misstaks, you may keep them! (Or tell me if neccessary...)

• Lubricant = Used in Overclocker Recipe and for iGrinder recipes (Stacks up to 14)

Remind me of Oiling Machine + Breakdown mechanics ^^. So need it lol
    Greg, WHY DON'T YOU IMPLEMENT BREAKDOWN MECHANICS, WE NEED SOMETHING HARDCORE FOR GT!

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Unification would make the Atomic science one output GT Antimatter >:D
    I think the main use of Antimatter should be for Energy Storage, cause hey, thats its main use.
    1,000,000,000 EU to create 1 Antimatter Stability, then shove that in a Large Machine and convert it back down into 1,000,000,000 EU at 100,000 EU/t (takes 10,000 Ticks/500 Seconds) with some nice Large (but not Block Breaking) Explosions as a cool Effect. Would also give a use for the Super Condensator.