[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Nope. The laser I suggested would be much more expensive, and would have a special GUI for selecting what block to place. It would also, for balance, cause machines to explode if the ray hits one.

Edit: Those pesky Dirty Dusts are getting on my nerves. I have an entire Automatic Ore Processing facility, wired with its own ME Network, built to automatically pull Ores into Macerators, then wash said ores, and smelt them. However, the Dirty piles of dust can not be washed in a standard Ore Washing machine, but must be centrifuged.
    This does not make sense - some ores can be processed one way, some another way, but not vice-versa - You can macerate Iron Ore into Crushed Iron Ore, and wash it for Purified Iron Ore, then smelt that for Iron Ingots, but for something like Nickel Ore, you must macerate it into Dirty Dust, Centrifuge it for its pure Dust, then smelt that, which takes much more time and energy.
    So, why not make Dirty Dusts washable in the Washing Machine? Or just nerf Crushed Ores altogether? Or make it configurable? Yes, please make it configurable, because that is better than just about everything else.

Also, for processing Ores in the Ore Grinder, can you make the item returned for Mater/Mercury/Whatever cells, contain dirty water/mercury/etc., instead of pure stuff? Then add recipes for centrifuging those cells of dirty stuffs, into Stone Dust and their liquid? This would be nice, for getting the most out of Ores, even if it is only a crappy byproduct that's good for nothing but CFoam or Recycler Fodder.
    Thank you.

• Official Post

I Agree, Dirty dusts SHOULD be proccessable in the ore washer.
    *stares at greg*

• If it isn't too much to ask, it would be nice to have liquid storage in machines such as the Industrial Grinder, so that I can just pump water to it instead of having to supply cells.

As a corollary to this, though, some elements and compounds, such as mercury or sodium persulfate, would need to have liquid blocks. Would be awesome with mystcraft (mercury oceans).

I guess, ultimately, the embrace of Universal Liquid Cells would be very cool.

• Official Post

If it isn't too much to ask, it would be nice to have liquid storage in machines such as the Industrial Grinder, so that I can just pump water to it instead of having to supply cells.

As a corollary to this, though, some elements and compounds, such as mercury or sodium persulfate, would need to have liquid blocks. Would be awesome with mystcraft (mercury oceans).

I guess, ultimately, the embrace of Universal Liquid Cells would be very cool.

Bad example, water can already be pumped into the iGrinder :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Wait, it can? I saw no GUI indication, so I've been giving it water cells constantly.

Edit: I see it on the wiki now, but I would still love to have gases and liquids in block form in addition to just in cells. I know something like helium would not exist in liquid form and would dissipate in gas form, but just being able to move it in pipes or store it in tanks would be very useful.

• Wait, it can? I saw no GUI indication, so I've been giving it water cells constantly.

Edit: I see it on the wiki now, but I would still love to have gases and liquids in block form in addition to just in cells. I know something like helium would not exist in liquid form and would dissipate in gas form, but just being able to move it in pipes or store it in tanks would be very useful.

Try piping it in. The slot where you would usually put the cells would begin to turn into a water source block.

• Also, for processing Ores in the Ore Grinder, can you make the item returned for Mater/Mercury/Whatever cells, contain dirty water/mercury/etc., instead of pure stuff? Then add recipes for centrifuging those cells of dirty stuffs, into Stone Dust and their liquid? This would be nice, for getting the most out of Ores, even if it is only a crappy byproduct that's good for nothing but CFoam or Recycler Fodder.
    Thank you.

Infinitely reusable mercury cells? lol

• Infinitely reusable mercury cells? lol

Exactly. You just have to filter the "crap" out of the liquid after One use. But this requires a special machine that uses lots of energy - it would probably be more efficient to just dump it into the environment to get rid of it, than waste time/energy filtering it.

• So...it's more of a catalyst than a reaction.

It would make more sense, and I actually think it would work quite nicely if mercury from redstone entrifuging was replaced with something else, or if its yield was drastically reduced.

And also if Thaumcraft 3's quicksilver was made incompatible with GT mercury, or required something like 8-16, maybe even 32 droplets instead of 1.

• Official Post

So...it's more of a catalyst than a reaction.

Actually, we do use them as catalysts, but after use they become rather impure and the recycling process is sometimes way more expensive than the production one. Hence why we sometimes dump them. IMO, we should get some kind of impure catalyst that requires a lot of centrifuging, washing and electrolyzing to recycle.

For example, the first step (washing) yields about 30% of the catalyst back. Then, the second ([thermal] centrifuging) yields 20% more. After that the last step (electrolyzing) yields the 50% left.

More steps can be added, like a chemical reaction. however we should always be able to fully recycle (get 100% back) the catalysts, at the price of lots of EU and time.

It will be up to the player to either recycle or mine more. Also, the impure catalysts (the crude form before any recycle process) can be stored as liquids, for later usage.

• Machines will not be crafted directly from 1.7 onwards. First, you have to craft a machine module. This is obtained by replacing the "machine hull" of the current recipe (as of 1.6) with a respective plate. This plate will correspond to the current machinery tier (e.g. bronze, steel, titanium, stainless steel, tungstensteel). Afterwards, the machine module can be crafted with a wrench and the original machine hull, or assembled with the original machine hull for 12 800 EU at 16 EU/t. Upgrades can also be pre-added to the machine by crafting the machine module with a wrench and the respective upgrade.

There will also be a new machine type: the MultiMachine. The MultiMachine behaves like the LESU of old; you will need a MultiMachine Controller (MMC) and many MultiMachine Units (MMUs). MMUs can be crafted in 3 tiers: Standard, Reinforced, Advanced.

The MMU is crafted with the respective machine hulls (Tier 01/02/03), an Item Transport Valve, the respective Item (Brass/Electrum/Platinum), Fluid (Bronze/Steel/Stainless Steel) Pipes, a Screwdriver and a Wrench, shapeless.

The MMC is assembled with a Tier 03 MMU and a Data Control Circuit.

All MMUs (max: 128/256/512) connected to the MMC must of the same tier. The number of machine modules you can place inside the MMC is the number of MMUs plus one. (You can only place one type of Machine Module in.) The MMU tier must statisfy the machine module; e.g. you cannot run a Universal Macerator off a Tier 01 MMU.

The MMC will have an input and output slots of 8 slots each, and 4 tanks of 32 buckets each. The energy buffer is equals to 4000 EU, plus 800/1600/3200 EU for every individual MMU. The processing speed and power draw of the MultiMachine is equals to those of all the individual machine modules combined.

• I know this has been said before, but a multiblock diesel turbine would be very nice, especially if it produces some form of pollution.

• Hey Greg, could you add glass fiber cables to the ore dictionary?

EDIT: Also, could you add a right-click functionality to either the file or the jackhammer which allows you to turn smooth stone into stone bricks?

• Official Post

Since Gregtech adds a massively improved trade-o-mat, can we have an improved energy-o-mat too :)

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

Something like forestry mail?

That'd be OP.

Also, does your trade-o-mat on cheat mode allow us to infinitely buy/sell something? Thus allowing infinite item "admin shop".

So, one Question: What else could a Trade-O-Mat in Cheat Mode do, other than an Admin Shop? Especially, since it becomes indestructible, once you insert the Cheat Item.