[GT-Suggestions] I still look at this Thread when I got out of Ideas for new things, yes really I do that. Even though I don't edit this Post anymore.

• Don't want to doublepost, but I don't think this suggestion will fit when I edit it in.

Basically it is about large multiblock storage units, for items, liquids and energy, called Multi-Block Storage Units (MBSU)

To build one, you will need to use MBSU Frames and Multi-Block Storage Extension Covers MBSU Cover Blocks. They can be made by:

A complete MBSU unit is a cuboidal structure with MBSU Frames as edges and vertices, and MBSU Cover Blocks as faces. The maximum external length in each dimension is 16 blocks. Replace one of the MBSU Cover Blocks with one of the following units:

MBSU Core Unit
    The MBSU Core Unit is needed for the entire structure to function. The MBSU Core Unit comes in 4 different variants: Solid Storage, Fluid Storage, Solid Electrolyte and Fluid Electrolyte. Upgrades for the MBSU are added to the Core Unit.
    The crafting recipes are:

MBSU IO Units
    The IO Units are used to input items into the MBSU as well as output items from the MBSU. They come in item and fluid variants. They are just crafted by Conveyor Module / Pump Module + Machine Casing + Wrench.

MBSU Electrodes
    The MBSU Electrodes are used to input energy into and out of the MBSU. They come in cathode (negative; energy in) and anode (positive; energy out) variants.

The MBSU Solid/Liquid Storages in General
    MBSU Solid/Liquid Storages can store up to 2 full units of items per metre cubed inside the frame. This can be increased with Density Upgrades which can be crafted from 2 double lead plates, a wrench, and a screwdriver. There can be a maximum of 8 Density Upgrades, which each increase the maximum capacity by 1 full unit of items per metre cubed. This maxes out at 20 full units of items per metre cubed inside the frame. The MBSU Solid Storage can store only 1 type of item, but this can be expanded up to 6 types with 5 more Type Recognition Upgrades, which are crafted from 1 glass, 1 slimeball, 1 ender pearl dust, 1 lead plate and 1 screwdriver each. The MBSU Liquid Storage can only store 1 type of liquid.

The number of items in 1 full unit depends on the item itself. If the item is registered as dustTiny, 1 full unit is 36 stacks; dustSmall is 16 stacks; dust is 4 stacks; ingot is 2 stacks; block is 1 stack. Other items are assumed to be 2 stacks (configurable).
    For liquids, 4000 mB is considered 1 full unit.

The MBSU Solid/Liquid Electrolytes in General
    MBSU Solid/Liquid Electrolyte store enough electricity based on the electrolyte used. Electrolytes are added through IO Units, but they cannot be extracted.

2 Lead Plates + 750 mB Sulfuric Acid per 1 metre cubed: 20 000 EU per metre cubed
    1 Nickel Plate + 1 Cadmium Plate* per 1 metre cubed: 20 000 EU per metre cubed
    1 Nickel Plate + 1 Lithium Cell per 1 metre cubed: 10 000 EU per metre cubed
    4 Lithium Cells per 1 metre cubed: 15 000 EU per metre cubed

• Just a few Ideas i got while playing

-Small Geothermal Steam Boiler
    A Bronce age Boiler with Steel components. Allows to produce steam by consuming lava, just like the Steel coal Boiler.
    Require maintenance to prevent leaking lava and spreading Fire, because the lava inside cools down and get solid.

-Steam Machines outputting cold Steam (a new Liquid) when the exhaust is attached to a Pipe.

-Condenser Pipe. Just a Regular Bronce Pipe surrounded By Copper Plates. It Converts Steam as well as cold Steam back into Water with a bit of loss.

-A Draincover placed on the Bottom of a pipe and Rightclicked with a crowbar, acts like the Buildcraft Flood Gate

• Official Post

cold Steam (a new Liquid)

That's called water :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Official Post

How about a nice way to store ingots, rather than ugly blocks of them, such as this: http://imgur.com/30Sc4Ln

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• When I was slicing up watermelons in my farm, I was thinking of storing the food in cans. Then, I remembered how tedious it is to eat a can full of stuff every few seconds. So then I thought about MREs, but trashed that idea too. Now, I have come up with an idea for an high-tier food processing/storage device and containers. Instead of canning food items directly into cans, the proposed device would pulverize them into a slush, which can be pumped out and stored elsewhere, or piped directly into a canning machine, that would put the food-slush into cans. Due to the nature of the device that makes the slush, more food can be stored per can, so the filled cans would have to be different than the current filled cans, or a different container would be used.
    What do you think?

• I mentioned a while back (forget if it is even this thread) that food cans need to be specific. So if you put chicken in the canning machine you get canned chicken which heals 6 hunger. Here's the kicker though: when you eat out of the can, you only eat ENOUGH TO FILL YOUR HUNGER. So if you need 2 hunger and you eat a can of chicken, you are left with a can of chicken that is still 2/3 full. Canning now has the benefit of allowing you to eat whenever you are hungry without wasting your food (much like RL canning). With this new perk, the healing effect from canned food could be removed.

• Here are some suggestions I've been thinking about for after GT5's survival features have been fully implemented.
    These are the little quirks that can really enhance gameplay:

Tooltips: The simple addition of tooltips over the buttons in GT machines could be incredibly useful.

Crafting and Multiblocks: I think that the use of machine casings in-world, making more multiblock machines and therefore decreasing the number of crafting steps for a particular machine would force the player to rethink the basic "wall" of machines. Essentially, instead of using, say, iron blocks in a machine recipe, you would reduce the number of crafting steps and make the requirement of 26 machine casings and a bucket of water in the middle.

TFC-like Prospector's hammer: Make the GT hammer more relevant as a proPick, possibly by being more accurate but with a chance of false positives. Higher accuracy, less precision.

Bigger Changes

Focus on Fluids: Use the wonders of 1.7 Fluids to add fluid byproducts, which can be pumped and processed and all sorts of fun things.

Less GUIs: Minecraft is a game that focuses on in-world gameplay. GT has so many GUIs that it would be nice to, say, craft things, or use machines without the use of GUIs. Take mods like TFC, Botania, Thaumcraft, Industrialization, Resonant Induction... all do really well with more in-world content.

• Gregtech villagers. Plz greg, thaumcraft, TiC, MFR, traincraft, forestry, mystcraft, all these mods have a leg on you since they add village buildings and villagers of their own. Show them your strength! Show them you can have villagers too! No one can stop you!

Edit: forgot mystcraft X(

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Gregtech villagers. Plz greg, thaumcraft, TiC, MFR, traincraft, forestry, mystcraft, all these mods have a leg on you since they add village buildings and villagers of their own. Show them your strength! Show them you can have villagers too! No one can stop you!

Edit: forgot mystcraft X(

Yeah, ENORMOUS villagers. Like 10 blocks tall. With the GregoriousT skin. And a trollface.

• Official Post

If those GT villagers had a special house, with basic steam age machinery (just the boiler, a bronze pipe and a random steam machine) and a chest with basic bronze tools. The villager would sell bronze and schematics which are used for special upgrades on various tiers of machinery. For example an energy reduction (random number between 5 to 15%) on electric compressors or a speed boost (5-15%)for a steam macerator...

• If those GT villagers had a special house, with basic steam age machinery (just the boiler, a bronze pipe and a random steam machine) and a chest with basic bronze tools. The villager would sell bronze and schematics which are used for special upgrades on various tiers of machinery. For example an energy reduction (random number between 5 to 15%) on electric compressors or a speed boost (5-15%)for a steam macerator...

I'm with this dude, but idk about the access to the steam age stuff, probably only if it was a slightly nerfed version.

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• Official Post

Hextech Thermoelectric Generator:

Works similarly to the RTG however it uses high-energy magic relics mana (magic energy) to generate electricity.
    With vanilla you may only use the nether star, other items can be added through the config.
    Generates 4-8-16-32-64 EU/t (1-5 nether stars).
    Recipe is a RTG combined with a magic converter and some thaumium (palladium if TC is not available) plates.

• If that is implemented, then the nether star magic energy converter recipe should be removed, since it doesn't make much sense to have both.

Also, would like to revive an old idea that was suggested before: The Heat Dynamo, a renewable generator that runs off various forms of infinite heat in Minecraft.
    For example, a block of fire under the generator could generate 1-.5 EU/t infinitely, though will occasionally generate fire blocks nearby. Lava could be used temporarily, though leaving it there for too long will melt the dynamo. (This could be automated with dispensers + buckets + redstone, which would be interesting to set up) Placing Nitor into an inventory slot could generate .25-.5 eu/t, with no caveats. Or, if one presses a button in the GUI, the block will search the adjacent blocks for a blaze. If it finds one, the blaze is 'captured' in the block and will generate something like 5 eu/t, but over time the blaze will degrade the dynamo, causing damage in the exact same way of a steam turbine with exactly the same disadvantages. If all of the damage types exist on a single dynamo, the blaze will be released and the dynamo repaired before it can be recaptured.
    If the blaze capturing isn't possible, then alternatively simply placing the dynamo on top of/adjacent to a blaze spawner will generate 5 eu/t if they can be placed on any side, or 30 eu/t if only on the top.

Thinking about it, it would also be really cool if this were a multiblock instead of just a single block, and/or if the dynamo produced steam instead of EU directly, requiring water input. This would, however, be a rather large nerf to the blaze spawner dynamo... It would be interesting having to pipe or cart water into the nether for this, though, or making some kind of elaborate contraption to generate it in the nether. (cactus or sugar seem like good candidates for this)

• Official Post

@above: the concept is nice, but we have to take care so it is not abused (aka tweak the values to very low numbers and add even more restraints).

Heat dynamo requires water and will produce steam, and only steam.
    Output values:
    Fire: 0.20 mB/t, no damage as the heat dynamo has a thermal shield that is enough to withstand fires.
    Lava: 1 mB/t + damage which MUST be repaired within a time limit or will turn into lava. (24 hour repair time)
    Blaze: 20 mB/t + damage which MUST be repaired within a time limit or will explode. (6 hour repair time)

Both fire and lava can be placed on nether for quadruple output, which will reduce the repair time limit and add a repair time to the fire (12 hour for lava and 72 hour for fire)
    Repairing is done by soldering and will use one steel screw. Repairing can be done while in operation, however due the heat it will damage the player for a heart, unless wearing a hazmat suit.

RS will activate the emergency mode of the dynamo, which releases all the internal water tank to instantly cool off the sources (takes out fire, lava turns into obsidian and kills the blaze).

• Hextech Thermoelectric Generator:

Works similarly to the RTG however it uses high-energy magic relics mana (magic energy) to generate electricity.
    With vanilla you may only use the nether star, other items can be added through the config.
    Generates 4-8-16-32-64 EU/t (1-5 nether stars).
    Recipe is a RTG combined with a magic converter and some thaumium (palladium if TC is not available) plates.

How about instead each item that is valid has a specific fuel exponential value. For example Nether Star would have a value of 1000, something lesser like Mercury could have 5.

Then the machine will store Magic-EU. This is the formula for how much it produces.
    Magic-EU = 2 ^ (Sum of exponential values / 1000) * 1000

And every second or so it will output one burst of EU, at a 1:1k conversion ratio. The maximum output in one burst is 512 EU, but can be increased with overclocker upgrades.

With 1: Maximum 2048 EU, at 1:2k conversion ratio
    With 2: Maximum 8192 EU, at 1:4k conversion ratio
    With 3: Maximum 32768 EU, at 1:8k conversion ratio
    With 4: Maximum 131 072 EU, at 1:16k converison ratio

• Current distillation tower has one all-purpose device with these caveats:

• Can only work with cells contained fluids
    • Output inventory is downward of a real distillation crackling heat gradient
    • Each product goes to same output

Reference of a real distillation tower gradient:

I propose splitting the multi-block distillation structure into multiple devices/machines:

Bottom to top:

• 1 to 4 (1 per side) Material input hatches (accept fluids and cells)
      • 1 Energy input hatch
      • 1-4 Material output hatches (dark ashes, tars and possibly non-distilled feed back from condensers)
      • 1 to 4 Heaters
    • 1 to 4 Condensers (1 per side, 4 per floor)
    • … Condenser output only one material/fluid type depending on floor height
    • … It would be possible to build shorter distillation towers or skipping condenser floors, missing intermediate not condensed materials fed back to base output hatches.
    • Top of tower consist of a light gas exhaust hatch (Methane or Hydrogen) witch must either be pumped-out or produce a 6 block height flame.

Let's say one built a one first/lower condenser floor only Distillation tower, feeding oil would only output Diesel at the condenser and exhaust light gases.
    A Distillation tower without condenser at all would work, but only output light gases and feed-back a portion to base output

Advantages over current Distillation tower:

• Accept fluids as input
    • Allow incremental design
    • More realistic
    • May allow more material input (not only crude oil but seed-oil, biomass, tars… and output (Resins, Lubricant oils, heavy to light fuels, Butane, Propane, Ethane, Methane, Hydrogen, Helium)
  • How about adapting the Distillation Tower not just for distilling oil, but also for distilling things like liquified air and other random solutions?