[AddOn v1.90] Charging Bench v1.90-1

• There is a bug, when you place for example MK1 and delete it, cable still connect to this empty space, if you send via this cable MV or HV - BUM :)

that could make for a really cool, really cheap self-destruct mechanism for your base :D

• Official Post

This might be a little bit of a wacky suggestion -- but how about the opposite? A DISCharging bench.

Put 10 lapotron crystals into it at once, and it emits current at 512eu/s (Obviously thats the T3 version, T1 and T2 versions will accept the respective energy storage devices) and it keeps emitting current until all batteries/crystals are drained.

It will rapidly fill an MFSU, or supply current directly. So I can go out into the field with 5 lapotron crystals, a DISCharging bench, and a Terraformer. Put down the Terraformer, hook it up to the DISCharging bench, and drop my 5 (or 10, or 12) Lapo crystals in and just walk away.

This will make it much faster to transport power from one place to another.

• can you make it so that it work with a chest ?

no chest that would over power it
    you have a +1 industrialcraft fans for support :thumbup:

MinecraftChicken is yummy
    MinecraftCow is mooey
    MinecraftPig is oinky
    :Mining Laser: is pewy
    MinecraftCreeper is EXPLOSIVE!!
    RUN AWAY!!

• that would be good too

MinecraftChicken is yummy
    MinecraftCow is mooey
    MinecraftPig is oinky
    :Mining Laser: is pewy
    MinecraftCreeper is EXPLOSIVE!!
    RUN AWAY!!

• I tried this addon today, and featured it in my Lets Play :) Episode 29!

One problem though -- it didn't appear to charge my Quantum legs / Boots. It did work on my nanosaber, jetpack, batpack, laser, etc.

I have the same issue. I think it currently does not work with those. I thought it was just that it takes forever to charge them, but they are simply not compatible it seems.

• I have the same issue. I think it currently does not work with those. I thought it was just that it takes forever to charge them, but they are simply not compatible it seems.

I figured out why it doesn't charge the quantum suit, It just doesn't have enoght max energy to charge them, the fact that the energy bar flashes on mid tier item tipped me of, recompiling the tile-enity with a higher max energy and it started charging my quantum armor

Edit: here is a modifed TileEnityChargingBench.class with twice the max energy http://www.mediafire.com/?29qi9j3cr4nq4px
    While i'm doing it, here is a modified blockChargingBench where it removes the tile entity once it gets destroyed http://www.mediafire.com/?b4jp92tsjc3l0w4

• Official Post

Edit, they didn't work:

• Update java, it is compiled with java 7

• I installed the updated class files and what not and updated to Java 7 and now my Minecraft won't run.. its being all derpy. I had to downgrade back to java 6 and replace the charging bench .zip..

any suggestions as to why java 7 doesn't like me?

• hmm... I've java6 and I don't want to install java7 only for a class of a mod of a mod of a game :/

maxEnergy must be doubled in TileEnityChargingBench.class ? (thanks Ket for having found the solution)

so, i've extracted the class file from the zip, taked HxD and I have replaced byte 0x3D4 from 02 to 04, rezip the modified class and voilà, the charging bench (mk3) can correctly charge the quantum suit ! (and still with java6)

(for finding the correct byte 0x3D4, i've decompiled the class with JAD and searched randomly wich is the correct byte who change the maxEnergy in class constructor)