Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• Official Post

Worst thing is, you'll have to translate each line before he'll even realised he's been insulted :P

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

#443 (Mar 30, 2014 7:34:19 PM)

Remove Jolly Roger from this branch as well — RichardG867 / detail

WAT?

• Official Post

Guessing IC2 phoning home, but that's just based on stuff that's been happening recently.

EDIT: Yeah, related to Technic Pack packs being blocked because they're on Techinic and break the licence.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

Edited once, last by Chocohead ().

• Guessing IC2 phoning home, but that's just based on stuff that's been happening recently.

EDIT: Yeah, related to Technic Pack packs being blocked because they're on Techinic and break the licence.

Its actually because of whats been happening that I have decided not to use Pixelmon again, it was the last straw for me.

• Why isn't IC as popular as it used to be? Is it just the downturn of IC? In a few months will it be the old mod people forgot about and no longer care about? It used to be IC based modpacks, now it's TE based modpacks. IC is as old a modding of minecraft itself, why 4 years later is it just now changing? Do we need an IC3 to regain popularity? Does anyone know the answers to any of these questions? Will we ever know? Lets find out in the next post!

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Why isn't IC as popular as it used to be? Is it just the downturn of IC? In a few months will it be the old mod people forgot about and no longer care about? It used to be IC based modpacks, now it's TE based modpacks. IC is as old a modding of minecraft itself, why 4 years later is it just now changing? Do we need an IC3 to regain popularity? Does anyone know the answers to any of these questions? Will we ever know? Lets find out in the next post!

IC2E mainly changed that, along with TE.

See, the plate system ruined it for some people. (WHY MUST WE SMASH INGOTS WITH PLATES AND WASTE RESOURCES INSTEAD OF SMELTING IRON AGAIN AND WASTING COAL AND TIME?!111!!!) They a lso feel that the Metal Former is too slow by default.

Then, the macerator (ore doubling) has been replaced by the cheap TE Pulverizers. (Cheap by default) It even has additional output.
    The new ore processing made it up somewhat, but then the Pulverizers are still much cheaper.

Electrical tools have now been effectively overriden by TiC's "slap some moss onto a tool". Even old mods required energy or resource of some kind (Vanilla: anvil, TC2: vis, AM1: mana, IC2: EU, and so on) or had a negative effect on the world (TC3: flux, ...).

Miners and the advanced one have always been obsolete anyway due to the quarry. Now that BC is dying as well, they've been replaced with RotaryCraft stuff or whatever mods the mainstream uses these days.

Jetpack and armor - obsolete since Modular Powersuits, now even more with stuff such as the Thaumostatic Harness, Ars Magica flying spells, and other crap like that.

Machines explode are apparently too hardcore for some people. And so is cable loss.

That's just some reasons why IC2 is apparently too grindy for some people.

• Official Post

"storestteampowered.com"? That looks sketchy as fuck.

Its legit, don't worry. Steam used that as the people who own www.steam.com are assholes who, even though they aren't using it, won't sell the domain.

• The official website is "store.steampowered.com", not "storestteampowered.com"...Not to mention the double t in it. Still. Sketchy. As. Fuck. (Also, as i have seen now, it's an april fool's by cheapshark.com, not valve..)

• The official website is "store.steampowered.com", not "storestteampowered.com"...Not to mention the double t in it. Still. Sketchy. As. Fuck. (Also, as i have seen now, it's an april fool's by cheapshark.com, not valve..)

Guess why Valve is not making April Fooling anymore? Yes, of course, the Counter Strike Community. Who else would you expect to be behind something like that.

• Official Post

The official website is "store.steampowered.com", not "storestteampowered.com"...Not to mention the double t in it. Still. Sketchy. As. Fuck. (Also, as i have seen now, it's an april fool's by cheapshark.com, not valve..)

I hadn't even realised that.
    Yeah, I forgot about cheapshark. They did a similair one last year:
    http://storestteampowered.com/app/4411/

• Official Post

I fall into lava, and expect all to be lost. :( Open Blocks saves the day, and all my stuff is in grave :) Try to remove the lava around the grave, and it breaks and lavas all my stuff ;(

I see this too much.

• Also, Facebook now owns Steam, too!
    And if anyone except for me would post that, people would believe that for like 5 seconds!

Fucking Hell!!! Almost gave me a heart attack man! Jesus!

Why isn't IC as popular as it used to be? Is it just the downturn of IC? In a few months will it be the old mod people forgot about and no longer care about? It used to be IC based modpacks, now it's TE based modpacks. IC is as old a modding of minecraft itself, why 4 years later is it just now changing? Do we need an IC3 to regain popularity? Does anyone know the answers to any of these questions? Will we ever know?

10 year old kids came in mass into Minecraft, thats what happened.

Pretty much that, as well as the fact that it's very easy to exploit their attention to things that look 'new' and 'amazing' and 'special' on the whim. That's why CoD has kept making money for so long. Yet it's a damn good thing that they are moving on to their own simplistic branch of mods now, and leaving the rest of us alone with their petty requests and design changes. I'm glad their exists new options to herd those fickle users into something else to keep them preoccupied. The mentality that a mod should change just for the sake of modpack balance is quite toxic, and is a blatant attempt to uproot the power underneath a developer to coheres them to create whatever is being demanded. Now those idiots can go pester Team CotH and leave us alone, since not all of us care if the mod is in heavy demand or not...

Ironically, I've found that when people DON'T beg for new content so often, new content ends up getting created faster from the IC2 team. Surprising how that works...

(And yes, I'm aware that technically GT also falls in that 'toxic mentality' category as well. But I don't play with GT, so meh...)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post