Bored? Random IC2/Forum chat

• I think I'm going to go ahead on a Survival Island run, mainly because I haven't done one since beta days, and I've never done it with mods. Right now the planned pack looks to be

Greg Tech 6
    IC2
    Mariculture
    Chisel 2
    Mekanism
    Immersive Engineering
    Magical Crops
    Project E
    Agricraft
    Botania
    Thaumcraft + addons
    Blood Magic
    Minechem
    RF Tools
    Chocolate Quest
    Advent of Ascension
    Flans Mods's Futurecraft
    Tropicraft
    Forestry + Bee addons
    AE2 and addons
    Orespawn

Yes, I know some of the mods are broken, I don't care about broken mods as I like to have fun, if I have to work to get OP things, I'm fine. My goal is to use every part of all the mods. Anything else people recommend or want to see in this run?

• FYI, Immersive Engineering electric blocks are incompatible with >=GT6.01.xx

Good to know

• I'm gonna be doing some maintenance on the industrial-craft.net server tonight (~11PM UTC)
    So no worries if it's offline for an hour or four - hoping it'll go quick though

• Anyone have an idea on how to fix this? It's not IC2 at all, but still an issue I'm having with this pack
    Binnie's Mods 2.0 pre 14, Forestry 1.7.10 4.2.6.54

• Anyone have an idea on how to fix this? It's not IC2 at all, but still an issue I'm having with this pack
    Binnie's Mods 2.0 pre 14, Forestry 1.7.10 4.2.6.54

You probably need to revert to Forestry 3.6 if you want to still use Binnie's - version 2.0 pre 14 is from July 2015, so I wouldn't expect it to work with Forestry 4.x.

• You probably need to revert to Forestry 3.6 if you want to still use Binnie's - version 2.0 pre 14 is from July 2015, so I wouldn't expect it to work with Forestry 4.x.

Didn't think so, is there a way of getting it to work with 4.x? Also what's the major differences between 3 and 4?

• Didn't think so, is there a way of getting it to work with 4.x? Also what's the major differences between 3 and 4?

As far as I can tell from skimming the CurseForge comments and the bug tracker for Binnie's Mods, no, there isn't really a way to make it work with 4.x (and Binnie has been MIA or possibly worse for several months). As far as major differences between 3 and 4, I don't really know. You might have better luck asking in the Forestry thread. If the wiki was up, it might cover that, but I just checked, and the Forestry wiki is still down.

• As far as I can tell from skimming the CurseForge comments and the bug tracker for Binnie's Mods, no, there isn't really a way to make it work with 4.x (and Binnie has been MIA or possibly worse for several months). As far as major differences between 3 and 4, I don't really know. You might have better luck asking in the Forestry thread. If the wiki was up, it might cover that, but I just checked, and the Forestry wiki is still down.

That's a shame, I do hope that someone tries taking on, probably nor porting it, but a continuation of the idea (Yes I am that insane person who likes Forestry breeding). If someone could point me in a good direction for Forge mod making tutorials, I could try and make one, it won't be as pretty as I'm not a coder, but it's worth a shot... maybe...

• That's a shame, I do hope that someone tries taking on, probably nor porting it, but a continuation of the idea (Yes I am that insane person who likes Forestry breeding). If someone could point me in a good direction for Forge mod making tutorials, I could try and make one, it won't be as pretty as I'm not a coder, but it's worth a shot... maybe...

The wiki's moved over to http://forestryforminecraft.info/, and I'm working on a porter to get all Binnie's Mods working for Forestry 4. Should take a couple of days at most.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• It says last modified by HanFox - isn't that one of the main people who does BDCraft patch textures?

Yeah, he does other stuff too, just minor things.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• For anyone wanting to use Binnie's Mods with Forestry 4, I made a (somewhat) complicated patcher mod to get it working. Currently everything but Extra Bees works with it, so you'll have to disable it in the config (config\forestry\binnie-mods.conf). All of Binnie's Mods now work with it \o/

• 1.0 - Binnie Core, Genetics, Botany and Extra Trees released
    • 1.1 - Extra Bees bundled
    • 1.2 - Server side + Alveary Transmission fix
    • 1.3 - Fixed crash with Liteloader and ASP+GS Patcher (major oops moment) + Fixed door drops
    • 1.4 - Finally fixed planks not coming up in the Arborist's Database + Fixed fence detection crash + Abused Gradle to fix spelling mistakes
    • 1.5 - Be all end all fix for ASP+GS Patcher + Fixed crash bug with Extra Trees (and/or Bees if you did that) disabled + Added licence to stop people whining, although looking at you ~1300 people who used it without asking for support ;)

There's slightly more information about it here, and later versions here.

Files

I see this too much.

The post was edited 6 times, last by Chocohead: Added 1.5 + link to new post having things attached ().

• https://bitbucket.org/vSkyD1/binnie-mods/wiki/Downloads

The Guys working on a working Binnies Mod version for Forestry 4 too.

Their patch is really questionable as they're not actually implementing interfaces but putting dummy methods in, hence the number of vague crashes. Also mine doesn't break Binnie's licence ;)

Files

I see this too much.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Chocohead: Mar 2nd 2016, 4:43pm: 1.7, especially while Curse is slow ().

• chocohead could you add a project on curse to better integrate the patch in Modpacks. It would be a pitty if the Patch gets overseen, because it is in the middle of this thread.

• I was only using this thread to host the files essentially, the main thread about it is on the FTB Forums. I guess I could put it on Curse at some point.

I see this too much.