[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• Is anyone seeing strange behavior in item or type filters in SMP?

Strange as in items disappearing (being output but not going into any inventories or pipes) or letting items through that should be filtered.

• Is anyone seeing strange behavior in item or type filters in SMP?

Strange as in items disappearing (being output but not going into any inventories or pipes) or letting items through that should be filtered.

what exactly? i can test if you wish.

im bored, and fiddling with code from extra-utilities and extracells. its not going well, lol

• So you basically spend all these resources, duration restricted turbines, infrastructure, server load to produce a net 3801EU/t ?????
    Sorry BloodAsp but I call bullshit if this is true.
    Why would you do all this for so little?

What do you breed?
    Plasma generators using turbines, sorry this is total non-sense.
    The conversion from plasma to energy is not by capturing heat and not even by getting some motion transform.
    This is by capturing excess electrons from the fusion to produce power from electric potential difference.
    (:facepalm:)

I just wand the fusion setup and generators from Gregtech 3-4 please, where you could produce a net 21k-23kEU/t and forget it once you did all the hard enough deployment.
    If it is going to use disposable rotor bullshits with maintenance bullshit, man! I already have a job duty in real life. I am not going to have another fantasy job monitoring cuboid block structures in a virtual world and clicking on a maintenance hatch given an obscure message like a lab chimpanzee.

I thought Gregtech was an entertaining mod with intellectual challenges.
    Now, I wonder if it is some kind of social experiment to test how far down you can convince users to go.

Is Gregtech another variant of the Milgram experiment?

• Hello all, made an account for this one purpose. First off, thanks for all the effort from all involved parties to make such a fun mod. Second, I was looking through Recipes.cfg at the blast furnace section and wanted to confirm that the numbers that are defined there are the times (in seconds?) that it takes to run the specified operation. I enjoy the complexity of GT, but sitting and watching the blast furnace tick while I'm bottlenecked is no fun.

• Official Post

I just updated to GT 5.08.32

*Updated Forestry API to 4.0

Also working on updating GT 5.09.10 to Forestry4.0 but the chances for update today is 50% yes, 50% i throw my pc out of the window. The API of forestry is the worst i had to work with so far...

I remember the day when I wanted to make the Forestry Machine Recipes compatible with GT Machines. It was not a good day.

Did they change anything that needs me to fix things in GT6? I hope not, but you never know.

• I remember the day when I wanted to make the Forestry Machine Recipes compatible with GT Machines. It was not a good day.

Did they change anything that needs me to fix things in GT6? I hope not, but you never know.

Some stuff got renamed, but basicly the way stayed the same. https://github.com/Blood-Asp/G…7680155a02dbd53d763987703
    What really got me was trying to access the recipes trough the Api. That Api has a getRecipes() method, but that returns a Map<Object[],Object[]> trying to somehow understand how the data is stored in there was bad. In the end it seems that the probabilities are not stored in there, so the method is useless.

• Forestry and Railcraft are, IMHO, the most unwieldy of all current popular mods. Just clunky, badly implemented, outdated, non-standard, unfriendly... nothing good to say. Lately been having ticking entity errors crashing players out due to Railcraft has put it on my hit-list. I doubt my next server will use it, it's caused too many headaches. Forestry managed to stay under the radar mostly because noone uses it for anything anymore, but it's always been a bit of a 'why do we have this again? Bees? That's literally it.'

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• what exactly? i can test if you wish.

im bored, and fiddling with code from extra-utilities and extracells. its not going well, lol

I haven't been able to reproduce it so I can't be certain what causes the behavior (also still trying to hunt down ae2 related lag spikes the size of texas). I'm pretty sure it involves shutters, filters, and ae2 interfaces.

Also leagris the way electricity is produced from fusion is dependant on the reaction. You described direct conversation which requires an excess proton or electron. A reaction such as p+B11 is suitable but that would be "higher tier" with much higher activation energy, EU consumption, and effective EU output.

Reactions like D+T emit a neutron that must be captured in something like a layer of lithium surrounding the reactor (also helps breed tritium which irl requires some nuclear process). This capture process turns the movement into heat and you run the typical thermal steam cycle with your 50% efficiency. Think about how fusion is always touted as a clean solution but you should know neutrons are nasty buggers and will turn most metals in the reactor radioactive.

The turbine is silly from a realism standpoint but offers a good choice between a permanent setup that's efficient and a quickly placeable source of EU (a stack of plasma cells in a single block plasma generator goes a long way).

Also net EU gain on the 7 L/t rotor is 7*4096*1.15 - 14k = 19k. Pretty healthy for having a mostly hands off solution.

As for the turbines: I disabled machine maintenance because it's dumb. The rotors can be fixed up with a disassembler and hot swapped by clicking a used rotor with a new one in the turbine gui. Tsteel rotors last literal weeks (longer if you have a controller to turn off your LHE when it's not needed).

Oh and I found the question about EU production from different fusion recipes last night: recipes that output *material* plasma produce EU and the ones that output molten *material* do not. Makes it cut and dry which are EU producing and which aren't. Haven't looked at other EU producing reactions besides D+T. That will be the bread and butter but perhaps there are other practical alternatives. We'll see.

• or letting items through that should be filtered.

I've seen this before, but never bothered investigating. (Some) type/item filters tended to forget their settings and let everything through after a server start.
    After opening the filter's GUI once it usually behaved..

• Hello all, made an account for this one purpose. First off, thanks for all the effort from all involved parties to make such a fun mod. Second, I was looking through Recipes.cfg at the blast furnace section and wanted to confirm that the numbers that are defined there are the times (in seconds?) that it takes to run the specified operation. I enjoy the complexity of GT, but sitting and watching the blast furnace tick while I'm bottlenecked is no fun.

I'm fairly sure the times there are in ticks.