[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• I will likely join the Kirara 3.0 KR server when it finally starts. Without all the mods that make BR easier, it should be enough to be called hard. KiraraHC is even more harder, but unstable, incomplete and currently not really good maintained.
    The only other GT alternative i know of would be InfiTech2 modpack. That is in terms of dificulty beween BR and Kirara.

Cool :) - I dont think I can wait for Kirara to get rdy, it seems like it will take a while, from what I can read in the thread.. I think I'll join this new one New server based on gregtech 5 unofficial - read inside

• Seems i have another question...because of GT's unconventional ore handling, how do i exactly reference them to change harvest level of each individual ore? Config options in MaterialProperties.cfg don't work on some ores, for example changing harvest level of GT version of Prometheum (metallurgy ore) doesn't do anything, it remains 1

• Bloody, most of the metals and alloys can be smelted in the normal furnace (like Mo, Ta, Co)
    Will moving most of the metalls (except those which are needed to create it - say iron, copper and tin) into EBF smelting recipe ruin the game balance?

Also, I found Zirconium is not in game though it actually has quite of a usage IRL.

• I allready trought about it, but noticed that there are quite a lot cross usage issues to be easily missed that would turn into a impossible techtree. I might make some changes here, but also i think it might be allright just to leave it and later have it in GT6.

There is quite a lot of existing materials that are used IRL but not in GT. I also can't add anymore materials because of java limitations.

• The oil drilling rig is a rig that drill for oil :D , you can get oil and gas from under the bedreck with it.

http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Oil_Drilling_Rig

If the oil is pumped from under the bedrock, do I need to restart a world/reset chunks to get oil or will it retrogen and add oil in the already existing chunks when I update from 5.08 to 5.09 ?
    (I'm not sure what retrogen means : it means that even if the chunk is already created, it will still spawn oil, right ? )

And about the pyrolyse oven (I haven't upgraded to 5.09 yet and there is no wiki page about it), which technology does it need ? I saw it needs ULV casings, but apart from that, which voltage and maybe something undoable without a certain tier of machines ?

The harvestlevel is saved in the ore block on placement, so config changes of the ore only count for newly generated ores.

Well, i have tried placing ores manually after changing harvest level in config (first i thought that this depends whether they are generated or placed manually, but some work correctly, and some still have default harvest level, i'll test more for what ores do that).

EDIT: Ok, i have tested every ore, there are quite a few bugged ones:
    1. Ore is in config but not present ingame (Lemurite, Kalendrite, Ignatius)
    2. Ore ignores any harvest level set in config, even defaults=> any version is harvest level 0, even granite versions (Cobalt, Shadowiron, Vyroxeres, Alduorite, Ceruclase, Midasium, Vulcanite, Sanguinite, Eximite, Meutoit)
    3. Small ores work okay (config - 1), main ores are always level 0, even granite versions (Prometheum, Atlarus)
    Using latest 5.09.11 if that matters. Strange thing is that some of GT versions of Metallurgy ores work okay, some not. Added this issue to your github

And another Q: i see that GT 1.7.10 ores use textures by type rather than one by one basis (as in 1.6.4), and only color changes. Is there still any way to specify texture and/or color for each ore? For example i want a few ores (coal copper tin bauxite iron redstone lapis and diamond) to have completely different clear textures, i can change vanilla versions in texture pack, but GT's still have it's own, which adds inconsistency if i want to mix normal generation via cofh and gt gen.

• And about the pyrolyse oven (I haven't upgraded to 5.09 yet and there is no wiki page about it), which technology does it need ? I saw it needs ULV casings, but apart from that, which voltage and maybe something undoable without a certain tier of machines ?

It needs MV (+ optionally Nitrogen).
    BTW, it has NEI support.

• Yes, might be better, but i can say as simple answer: Normal blocks can only be 16 different ores in one block id, tileentities can take up to 32768 different ores in one block id. The main issue is, that Minecraft has a relatively low limit for block IDs. So if not using TEs, Gt would instead use all blockids that minecraft can handle alone. Actually some huge modpacks have the problem that they can't add new blocks since they reached the limit.

The TEs might need some more memory and traffic as normal blocks, but greg did so much optimizion here, that it does allmost not matter.

No idea why the config does not work, i will take a look at it.
    Different textures are not possible. They are all generated from a few samples and special cases are not possible in that system.

If the oil is pumped from under the bedrock, do I need to restart a world/reset chunks to get oil or will it retrogen and add oil in the already existing chunks when I update from 5.08 to 5.09 ?
    (I'm not sure what retrogen means : it means that even if the chunk is already created, it will still spawn oil, right ? )

And about the pyrolyse oven (I haven't upgraded to 5.09 yet and there is no wiki page about it), which technology does it need ? I saw it needs ULV casings, but apart from that, which voltage and maybe something undoable without a certain tier of machines ?

The oil is not actually generated but calculated. So no retrogen needed, it just works.

• Our GT5U server is now open again. Turns out that the problem was Forestry 4. Again. That's five strikes now.

Hopefully things will get stabler in time... But I reccomend minimal use of Forestry content in the event we finally have to bite the bullet and remove it for the server's safety.

Quoted from "zorn":
    People can't handle losing. Lots of new games are like this. My son's Lego games? You die and respawn on the spot, just lose a bit of money. It's made so that anyone can win, even the worst players. Like TE, or EU. They say that IC2 is 'keeping them from moving on' but can never say what that is. In reality they just failed, blew up a bunch of stuff, and their fragile egos couldn't take it so they gravitate towards mods designed to guarantee that you succeed.

• I tried to craft basic circuit by importing basic circuit board and NAND chip into assembling machine using gregtech item pipe. However, either basic circuit board or NAND chip got stuck inside the item pipe, just like the assembling machine have only one available slot. For example, if basic circuit board occupied the 1st slot, NAND chip cannot be imported into 2nd slot. I also tried with robot arm, still not able to insert into 2nd slot. But when I tried crafting NAND chip with the same setup, it works perfectly fine, both red alloy wire and iron item casing can insert into the machine. So I am not sure what cause the problem. Do someone know how to fix it?

• I tried to craft basic circuit by importing basic circuit board and NAND chip into assembling machine using gregtech item pipe. However, either basic circuit board or NAND chip got stuck inside the item pipe, just like the assembling machine have only one available slot. For example, if basic circuit board occupied the 1st slot, NAND chip cannot be imported into 2nd slot. I also tried with robot arm, still not able to insert into 2nd slot. But when I tried crafting NAND chip with the same setup, it works perfectly fine, both red alloy wire and iron item casing can insert into the machine. So I am not sure what cause the problem. Do someone know how to fix it?

You need to use a distinct side of the assembler for the second input slot.
    Add a robot arm as cover to the side accepting items for the second input slot.
    Use a screwdriver to configure the robot arm cover to second slot.