[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• It was intended. For GT6 Greg decided to change it because washing now returns byproducts. He did even ask in his thread what the players preferred. Washing full stacks or byproducts.

Btw. I'm back from my short holiday in case anyone noticed i was away.

Of course we noticed :thumbup: Welcome back.

Does anyone know how much energy the Basic Mass Fabricator needs?
    The wiki says 32EU/t but since I need 3 LV transformers to feed only one, I suspect that Iam doing something wrong.

Iam using EV Voltage in my base and am stepping that down to LV to feed the fabricators. But a single transformer isnt enough to power a Fabricator and neither are two.

Do you have any Ideas why that might be?

• I added the GT5.09 changes of the mass fabricator to the gamepedia page.

• I added the GT5.09 changes of the mass fabricator to the gamepedia page.

A few questions about the new system though:

1) When it says the LV Mass Fab accepts up to 10 Amps, is the UUM production scaled up accordingly to 10 Amps or are the additional amps merely eaten up?

2) What happens when more than 10 Amps are provided? Does the machine blow up?

3) LV requires 8 Amps, MV requires 4 and HV requires 2. What does that mean for IV, when it becomes 0.5 Amps?

• All machines can draw more Amps as they use. That number only needs to be known to attach the right cables so nothig Starts to burn.
    It will fill the internal buffer with that speed and then only use as much Amp needed to fill the used up energy.

No machine blows trough too much Amp. Only cable burn.

In case of 0.5 Amp of IV it would actually be one Amp every second Tick. The other Tick then will be Zero Amps.

• How many energy does an ore washing plant/thermal centrifuge need per operation?
    An IC2 version of NEI recipe didn't help, it didn't write the eu needed

• http://ftb.gamepedia.com/Thermal_Centrifuge_(GregTech) says it draws 2 amps, so the usage comes out to 24 volts 2 amps for a total of 48 EU/t.

I can confirm this, I just finished upgrading my ore processing System.
    Iam using 32 LV Ore washing plants (32*16EU/t=512EU/t), 32 LV Thermal Centrifuges (32*48EU/t=1536EU/t) and 8 HV Macerators (8*8*2EU/t=128EU/t).
    This sums to 2176 EU/t. The actual consumption is 2360EU/t which seems about right considering all the transformers, cables and type filters I've used.

And while I'm at it (and i feel the need to brag :P ) my UU-Matter system uses 32 LV Recyclers (32*1EU/t=32EU/t), one LV Amplifabricator (1*32EU/t=32EU/t) and 4 LV Mass fabricators (4*8*32EU/t=1024EU/t).
    This sums up to 1088EU/t again, the actual consumption is a bit higher with 1300EU/t. This system also uses a shit-ton of Transformers and needs to power small AE system.

I just found a ZPM and since i dont have a flying city to power, Iam currently using it to power my drilling rigs. At first glance that monster should last them several months at their current output. Are there better uses for that thing? Like jump-starting a Fusion reactor?

• The ZPM has so much power it may be worthwhile to invest more into UUM for a steady supply of osmium (and tungsten if you're not rolling in it) before venturing into fusion. Mk I is quite the task to afford but the fuel generator design is where most of the work is. The power output will seem relatively small compared to the ZPM though and it'd probably just be a stopgap until you hit Mk 2. Be+D is the holy grail. I calculated about 160 kEU/t net gain using LV machines and tungstensteel turbines. Interestingly when I made the calculations a year ago recyclers always seemed to increase EU usage. Maybe I made a mistake or things have been rebalanced but I didn't see the purpose of using recyclers other than reducing initial machine cost.

• The ZPM has so much power it may be worthwhile to invest more into UUM for a steady supply of osmium (and tungsten if you're not rolling in it) before venturing into fusion. Mk I is quite the task to afford but the fuel generator design is where most of the work is. The power output will seem relatively small compared to the ZPM though and it'd probably just be a stopgap until you hit Mk 2. Be+D is the holy grail. I calculated about 160 kEU/t net gain using LV machines and tungstensteel turbines. Interestingly when I made the calculations a year ago recyclers always seemed to increase EU usage. Maybe I made a mistake or things have been rebalanced but I didn't see the purpose of using recyclers other than reducing initial machine cost.

Is tungsten really that rare? My current supply is running low, I only have a few hundreds löeft but i know of at least 4 more mix veins of tungsten. If i mine that with the advanced miner i should be set for a very long time.
    How much Osmium is "enough Osmium"? My current UUM setup produces about 5000-6000L a day.

• Tungstate or Scheelenium ore is usually quite rare. Lava centrifuging or endstone processing supplies the missing material typically.

"Enough" Osmium is not that clear of a number. I would say ~1000 Osmium ingots is the typical usage until a mk3 fusion reactor is done. The next updates will likely lower that a bit as osmium got replaced in quite a few endgame recipes by other rare materials. On the other side, the new LuV+ machines will again use a bunch more of it.

• Thanks everyone for answering my question, but since I am going to write an GT guide(not in english, maybe someday), I need to ask more questions xD

But some question are quite stupid though...

1.Assuming an e-net with an input 32V/1A, omitting all loss.
    If I have 2 LV ore washing plant(16V) + another LV machine running on this e-net, no matter how large is your energy storage, machines will run into an not enough power error, right?
    If the input changes to 32V/2A, then can the machines works continuously without an error?

2.P = I x V works in GT, right?
    So if loss is omitted, you can run 32(or maybe 30) ore washing plant while using an 32V/16A input, right?

3.Is the battery buffer the only block that can adjust the output amperage? So the following setup does not output 2A, right?

:Generator:----
    ........|------->
    :Generator:----

4.What might be the best way to find ores that height is below than 40, like lithium? Still caving or mine a tunnel, or any other ways?

• 1. You can run as many machines as you want on a Line, providing you can get enough current through that line.
    For Example, your 2 LV Ore Washing plants and the mystery machine would need a capable of treansmitting 3 amps of LV (4x Tin cable for example).
    Both your networks would not work since LV energy can only be transfered in packets of 32EU. And since you are using 3 machines, every now and then 3 amps would be needed which your power supply cant handle.

This could be done by 3 LV Steam turbines, a LV Battery Buffer with at least 4 LV batteries or something similar. A similar setup is shown here
    If you want to cluster a lot of machines together you need to use cables that can handle higher currents and be able to supply enough power. For Lower tiers materials like Cobalt, Cupronickel and Electrum can handle up to 24 amps. The higher tiers have materials like Tungsten and Yttrium-Barium which can handle 48 amps. These cables also have higher specific loses.

2. Yes, thats how it works.

3. As far as I know energy is coded similar to a fluid. Energy sources generally try to "fill up" every buffer (cables, transformers and machines) and will stop outputting when everything is full.
    I've never encountered a setup that would waste energy when nothing is working (apart from literally voiding energy). But it would probably better if Bloody answered that one.
    Your setup should output 2amps of LV.

4. I usually use a jetpack and a mining laser to drill a hole from the surface down to bedrock. Since for an area of 3x3 chunks one mix vein is generated, this finds them pretty reliably.
    You could also use the seismic prospector which would also help you to find good oil and gas sources.

I hope I got everything correct, if I didnt I hope that someone will correct me.

• 3. As far as I know energy is coded similar to a fluid. Energy sources generally try to "fill up" every buffer (cables, transformers and machines) and will stop outputting when everything is full.
    I've never encountered a setup that would waste energy when nothing is working (apart from literally voiding energy). But it would probably better if Bloody answered that one.
    Your setup should output 2amps of LV.

There is a more precise picture about what I mean.
    There is 2 gas turbine connect to a macerator, but the cable used is 1xtin cable.
    That means the actual output is not 2A but 1A, which is pretty weird.

4. I usually use a jetpack and a mining laser to drill a hole from the surface down to bedrock. Since for an area of 3x3 chunks one mix vein is generated, this finds them pretty reliably.
    You could also use the seismic prospector which would also help you to find good oil and gas sources.

Well, for people who are still stuck on LV stage, this is not really possible.
    Anyways, thanks for the reply :)

Edit question: how do I get oil in the early game(before MV)?

• There is a more precise picture about what I mean.
    There is 2 gas turbine connect to a macerator, but the cable used is 1xtin cable.
    That means the actual output is not 2A but 1A, which is pretty weird.

No, two generators can output 2 Amp. In that case it is the macerator only accepting 1 Amp that slows down the turbines and keeps the cables intact. You have 2 amp for a few ticks directly after connecting the macerator until its internal buffer is full, but for cables you need about 20 ticks of overamperage for them to burn.

Another important detail is, that macerators only use 2EU/t. So it will only transfer one amp every 16 ticks, the other ticks there is no energy transfer. The cable loss changes that a bit, but in the end you can supply 12-14 macerators with only 1 amp.

Well, for people who are still stuck on LV stage, this is not really possible.
    Anyways, thanks for the reply :)

You can manual digg down with an pickaxe, simply digging a 2x1 hole so you do not fall down into holes. To get back up use the stone you digged to get down.

Edit question: how do I get oil in the early game(before MV)?

You don't. There is no need for Oil until HV tech. There are ways to get oil from Buildcraft Oil wells or other mods, but with only GT you need at last MV tech.

• What about oilberries? It takes a while to breed them, but it can technically be done with only LV tech.

It is so much nerfed that, you will need 4 chunks of Oil Berry Crops at y≥120, with 31gain points to power a single LV diesel.

It is as pointless as Buildcraft Oil Springs.

Chances are Stargatium is as inappropriate as a fuel source