[GregTech-5][1.7.10-FORGE-1355+][Unofficial but approved Port][Stable] Even GT5 Experimental is slowly getting stable.

• I wasn't talking about using oilberries as a fuel source, but as a way to get polyethylene (which is what I figured Blood Asp meant by oil not being needed until HV tech). Is drilling for oil with MV tech really a decent way to get enough for diesel generators? I couldn't figure out whether it was worthwhile to build a drilling rig.

• No, two generators can output 2 Amp. In that case it is the macerator only accepting 1 Amp that slows down the turbines and keeps the cables intact. You have 2 amp for a few ticks directly after connecting the macerator until its internal buffer is full, but for cables you need about 20 ticks of overamperage for them to burn.

I change the macerator to the thermal centrifuge, and it burns! :D

You can manual digg down with an pickaxe, simply digging a 2x1 hole so you do not fall down into holes. To get back up use the stone you digged to get down.

Aww, that is the simplest way to do that, and I never thought about it *facepalm*

• Official Post

It is so much nerfed that, you will need 4 chunks of Oil Berry Crops at y≥120, with 31gain points to power a single LV diesel.

It is as pointless as Buildcraft Oil Springs.

Chances are Stargatium is as inappropriate as a fuel source

As far as I know, Fuel is just a byproduct of getting the more important Products from Oil (Plastic and Stuff). Nobody would use Fuel as a Main Power Source for Bases, not even IRL, its only for Emergency/Portable Diesel Gens or for Cars, and since we dont have Cars, it's essentially just in case you quickly need Power. But that said, there is always Bioethanol, which comes from essentially all the Crops, so Oilberries are really pointless for Power generation (just as intended). Or you use Potatoes uhh I mean Vodka to power your Stuff, if Bloody added that option (like I did in GT6).

And Stargatium? Is that really a thing in GT5?

Oh and Bloody, I just added Aqua Regia Processing for the next GT6 Update, you happen to know "good" byproducts for doing it with Gold? Because that Stuff is not just for Platinum-Group-Sludge.

• Greetings miners,
    I would like to aks a question about large heat exchanger. How much distilled water does it consume? In realition with hot coolant input and of course distilled water back from large turbine.
    I want to setup my reactor precisely.

Thanks and hope it wont blow up :thumbup:

• And Stargatium? Is that really a thing in GT5?

Jep, i added crops for all the ores. Even for netherstars. But the efficiency for them is so low, barly anyone does so much work. Also changed the processing by default, that only die lowest tier ores(copper, iron, ect.) directly give metals. In all other cases they count as catalyst. Either rising the oreprocessing efficiency to about 10x or alternatively it can be used to lower the UUM costs in replication. And for these that do not like crops, i added an identical set of bees.

Oh and Bloody, I just added Aqua Regia Processing for the next GT6 Update, you happen to know "good" byproducts for doing it with Gold? Because that Stuff is not just for Platinum-Group-Sludge.

Thats a difficult one. Platinum Group byproducts or the default ore byproducts of copper or iron seems to be all realistic processes that make somehow sense. I would likely use the process the other way around. Extracting expensive elements from common but usually worthless materials. How about storing the information what ore it came from in washed out stonedusts and make it possible chemical process them to get even the last bit of metals out of them.

I would like to aks a question about large heat exchanger. How much distilled water does it consume? In realition with hot coolant input and of course distilled water back from large turbine.
    I want to setup my reactor precisely.

The exchange ratio of water -> steam is 1:160. How much steam you can produce with hot coolant depends on how efficient you use the LHE. When i remember right, it was 1L hot coolant into 80L steam or 40L superheated steam at full efficiency. The large turbines turn all steam back into distilled water as long you do not waste any steam. Some wastage usually happens quite easily, so i recommend a water buffer and some automation either shutting down the machines once water is too low, or starting to produce new distilled water. I usually use the distilled water produced by an large boiler + large turbine to replace lost water.

• Official Post

Jep, i added crops for all the ores. Even for netherstars. But the efficiency for them is so low, barly anyone does so much work. Also changed the processing by default, that only die lowest tier ores(copper, iron, ect.) directly give metals. In all other cases they count as catalyst. Either rising the oreprocessing efficiency to about 10x or alternatively it can be used to lower the UUM costs in replication. And for these that do not like crops, i added an identical set of bees.

Oh its a Naquadah Crop, I thought you added a new Element, due to the "-ium" naming Convention.

Thats a difficult one. Platinum Group byproducts or the default ore byproducts of copper or iron seems to be all realistic processes that make somehow sense. I would likely use the process the other way around. Extracting expensive elements from common but usually worthless materials. How about storing the information what ore it came from in washed out stonedusts and make it possible chemical process them to get even the last bit of metals out of them.

I do have "Sluice Sand", which can be processed into different Products depending on what you do with it. And the Sluice Sand turns into a pile of Stone Dust after processing.

Magnetic Separation gives Magnetic Elements from it for example. But I do have the crushed/purified/refined Ores, which can be used. In case of Aqua Regia it has to be Purified Ore (so directly from the Bath or the Sluice) and returns refined Ore (was called "centrifuged ore" before, due to Thermal Centrifuge). In GT6 Aqua Regia gives +1/2 Gold or Platinum for certain Ores and has a 3x50% Chance for tiny Platinum Group Sludge

• Excuse me, its just my unimportant post - digging through recipes.cfg looking for good stuff to continuously power mass fabricator, replicator and scanner i found that in fuel_4: I:cellPlasmaGold_200704=200704. Now im wondering how i can create this in industrial way - for now im nearly able to create a lot of glowstone, which can be centrifuged into redstone and gold. But how process gold dust into gold plasma? As i know, few plasmic things are available only through fusion, but GT5U added much more things than i can find in wiki. It must be a way to do that!

• Unfortunately gold plasma is currently unobtainable in survival, and will probably never be implemented as nuclear fusion into gold atoms (or any element heavier than nickel) uses more energy than it provides so there's not much point either. Though if you're at fusion stage, the currently available few plasmas should be sufficient for your needs.

• Unfortunately gold plasma is currently unobtainable in survival, and will probably never be implemented as nuclear fusion into gold atoms (or any element heavier than nickel) uses more energy than it provides so there's not much point either. Though if you're at fusion stage, the currently available few plasmas should be sufficient for your needs.

You know, Gregtech already takes its own rules against reality with Iron Plasma that have a recipe with positive energy gain.

In reality Iron fusion takes huge energy amount and it is what cause supernovae. A supernovae start producing heavier elements by fusion while gravity crush it. When it comes to Iron fusion, the reaction absorb all the star energy and in a fraction of second it can not keep up with its own gravity. Star outer materials fall to the core in an instant and it explode in a supernovae.

• Well, Steve? has already demonstrated that he can walk around with roughly the same density as a black hole [carry 36x64 m^3 gold in a 2x1 meter space], so what's to stop us from gaining energy from high-mass fusion?

• Well, Steve? has already demonstrated that he can walk around with roughly the same density as a black hole [carry 36x64 m^3 gold in a 2x1 meter space]

True, and that's only considering vanilla Minecraft. Even ignoring backpack-type mods, with GT5u, it's theoretically possible to push that even further by making him carry 36x64 cubic meters of neutronium 8| (though ofc it would take absurdly long to produce that much in survival...), and AE2 allows one to make singularities, which might qualify as a type of black hole.

• True, and that's only considering vanilla Minecraft. Even ignoring backpack-type mods, with GT5u, it's theoretically possible to push that even further by making him carry 36x64 cubic meters of neutronium 8| (though ofc it would take absurdly long to produce that much in survival...), and AE2 allows one to make singularities, which might qualify as a type of black hole.

And then there's the items within Avaritia...

• Excuse me, its just my unimportant post - digging through recipes.cfg looking for good stuff to continuously power mass fabricator, replicator and scanner i found that in fuel_4: I:cellPlasmaGold_200704=200704. Now im wondering how i can create this in industrial way - for now im nearly able to create a lot of glowstone, which can be centrifuged into redstone and gold. But how process gold dust into gold plasma? As i know, few plasmic things are available only through fusion, but GT5U added much more things than i can find in wiki. It must be a way to do that!

I should point out that the GT Tweaker mod that's posted on this subforum supports custom GT fusion reactor recipes.

• I have a quick question about the magic energy converters / absorbers.
    Do these require some Thaumcraft research to unlock the recipes for
    them, because there is no recipe for them in my NEI

• I should point out that the GT Tweaker mod that's posted on this subforum supports custom GT fusion reactor recipes.

Thanks, ill check that later and maybe ill fix that annoying "U" key crash rom NEI at nearly every non-vanilla item.