Alternate Recipe for Solar Panels

• I think there should be a alterante Recipe for Solar Panels, that outputs 8 Solar Panels
    The Recipe should look like this:

GP GP GP
    W W W
    C CA C

GP= Glass Pane
    W= Wafer
    C=Circut
    CA=Casing

Silicon Creation:

Macerting 16 Sand gives 1 Raw Silicon

1 Raw Silicon + 12 O2 Cell gives 3 Pruified Silicon in a Blast Furnace

Throw a block of Pruified Silicon in a Block Cutting Machine to get 9 Raw Wafers

Throw a Wafer together with a Helium Bottle/Cell (from Glenns Gasses) in a Blast Furnace to create 1 Wafer!

• I think simply use the Config of IC2 there should be every recipe listed... So no Minetweaker really needed...

Also nintendow131 what you request is already wrong again...
    You simply request there a Steam Pannel (Solar pannel that creates steam and make energy out of that)...
    Thats how solar pannels for showers work... (in hot countries) Not to produce electricity...

• Actually everywhere in the world where there is sun, this can work ;)

But yeah, it's not a steam "solar panel" either but rather a hot water solar panel, + steam "solar panels" are steam solar boilers ;)

• Yeah but thats what your recipe tells... Cycling water...

Where are you seeing water in the recipe? I'm not the original poster, but even I can see that wafer != water

However, adding 4 new items (raw silicon, purified silicon, wafers, and helium) to IC2 just for a higher-output recipe for solar panels doesn't make sense to me. Also, it seems imbalanced, since IC2 machines are generally 1 (sometimes advanced) machine casing per machine.

• Official Post

They'd use generators instead of casings anyway.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• Where are you seeing water in the recipe? I'm not the original poster, but even I can see that wafer != water

However, adding 4 new items (raw silicon, purified silicon, wafers, and helium) to IC2 just for a higher-output recipe for solar panels doesn't make sense to me. Also, it seems imbalanced, since IC2 machines are generally 1 (sometimes advanced) machine casing per machine.

Did read Water instead of Wafer... Looks realtivly the same if you fly over it... xD

• Ic2 has silicon dioxyde iirc, there should be a way to blast furnace it into silicon to print the solar panels.
    Also one casing = one machine. Using more expensive items doesn't induce higher outputs. Unless the recipe isn't the same at all (like TE's growing thingies you pit with a seed 'inside the incubator).
    If you were to use item casings (one each panel) than 16 solar panels would cost 8 iron ingots, which is the same iron cost as your suggestion but they're item casings after all.
    Printing wafers isn't possible yet unfortunately. Beg the ic2 developers!

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• Official Post

I guess you could use the block cutting machine and then cut the silicon into wafers, but you'd really need silicon dioxide blocks or something like that.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• I think putting back the Silicon dioxide in the Thermal centrifuge should get silicon plates or something among these lines, which you can process inside the block cutting table into wafers!

Java script, which happens to be the language in which minecraft is coded

• Official Post

Why the thermal centrifuge? We've got the rolling machine for a reason :P

I see this too much.

• Solar panels need to be nerfed not buffed :| . Right now they are the best thing for late game power requires so little effort and thinking. Maybe they don't even need a nerf. We might just need better alternatives.

SolarPanels are not op at all (Basic ones) the problem is that the compact versions are mostly (for most addons) are cheaper to craft... If you want a 512x Solarpannel from IC2 it cost almost a world ^^", if we go with other ones that cost maybe a 10 blocks of silver, a lot of glass and maybe some redstone but thats simply it ^^" Maybe some gold but even not that much that it is worth of mentioning it....

• Official Post

Compact solars aren't OP at all when there's no loss with the E-net anyway, it's advanced ones that can seem it, even though by default you need iridium for them. Then again, the molecular assembler can make iridium ingots out of iron for 9 million EU each.

I see this too much.

• I said if you make a HV solar pannel (512x) it cost a world. And my other example was the TE3 addon Solarpanels (which you can see at direwires + Pahimars sky block 2 (from jaded) series do not know the name)

• Official Post

The HV solar is just 512 solars with 1 HV-Transformer, 8 MV and 64 LV ones, so it is just compact without any other resource differences from that many solars, apart from a few transformers. The TE one is purely because RF isn't easy enough to generate for free.

I see this too much.

• I think that every one has forgoten that solar panels are an industrial "item" in the real world. They are not made from coal dust, They are made with silicone. I have seen some expirmental versions that use raspbarrys, But that would be weird for a mod.

IC2 already has silicone in it, It should replace coal dust. It would be silly to leave the resipe as is.

anyone else, if you leave a smug comment like its as good as it is, just cause. Then you are apathetic towards ic2 and you chould shut up and go play vanilla!!!