[Addon V1.112]Modular Force Field System Version 2.2.8.3.6 (SSP/SMP)

• I can't get my generator to charge when linked to an eu injector which is linked via fiber glass cable to an MFSU with power fed to it by 6 generators. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: And it does have a lever next to it, which is switched on.

• Generator needs to go directly on-top of EU loader.

Does anyone know if there will be an SMP version? From what Iv gathered the OP isn't working on the mod anymore, anyone else still at it?

• Generator needs to go directly on-top of EU loader.

Does anyone know if there will be an SMP version? From what Iv gathered the OP isn't working on the mod anymore, anyone else still at it?

If I have time I may work on it, but others are welcome to contribute as I will be posting all of my progress on GitHub.

• I've been looking through the code and there's a LOT of work to be done to get this SMP capable. That said, I plan on porting this to full SMP but I'm holding off until 1.3 due to the upcoming client/server changes. A lot of what's needed for a mod to work in both SSP and SMP will completely change in 1.3 and I don't feel like trying to get this SSP only mod setup correctly for SMP 1.2.5 only to have to probably have to redo a ton for 1.3.

• you guys are aware that jeb postponed the mod API till 1.4 right? And 1.3 won't be out till this fall. Like the wait from 1.7.3 to 1.8

• Well aware my friend. I'm just saying there is no point in waiting till 1.3 to port to smp. As if you do that it will take longer anyway. Just port now then fix all the broken things later in 1.3. It will change a lot of things but it won't change everything. porting changes is much easier than just doing the whole thing to smp in 1.3. Only reason I'm saying this is because I have written a small mod by myself.

• I looked over the code you released. Since I need this mod to be SMP (really really badly) I would offer to port it for 1.2.5. I hate the claim stuff and grief protect mods on those bukkit servers. Everyone should be allowed to design their own security system. Your mod does exactly that. I i don't know any other mod which does this right now. Even Tesla Coils are no real protection.

I have to admit that I only have little experience with SMP modding but this (outdated) guide http://www.minecraftforum.net/…dloadermp-modding-310511/
    and this http://www.minecraftforum.net/…ml-how-to-port-from-mlmp/
    look as if porting a SSP mod would be not too hard. So I can not give any guarantees if I succeed at all. But I will try hard :)

It would help my motivation if you agreed to merge the finished SMP code into your source base. I don't want re-add everything you add after I finished the port. What do you say?

---- Edit ----
    This is what i got so far (only clean commits):

https://github.com/maxss/mffs
    changes are on the smp-port branch

I am currently working on the network infrastructure code and will publish that soon. When the infrastructure is done, making the TileEntityies network aware should be easy. And as far as I am able to see now the TileEntities are the last piece required for full network support. I could be wrong though...

• Good work man, keep it up, dying to get this on our server :)

• Hi people,

have a few weeks time for programming and have fun:D ...

Plan for Version 1.2 Beta 7...

Bugfix, Bugfix....
    conversion Modules e.g. generator/projektor upgrades (range,cap,dome,zapper,...) from Block to Item. Plugin System
    and much much more ..

first pre version this weekend.

on the topic SMP: by the change Block -> Item for Upgrades It would be easier to port for you;-)

Of course do Iwill release the source code once again...

• All right. So I assume that you are OK with me porting the mod to SMP. Now that I know that you will release a new Version soon, I will change my plans a bit.

Currently I am gathering experience with how to best structure the network code. This is rather messy. I already decided that, once I got everything barely working, I will cleanly re-implement everything with the knowledge i gained. So I guess i will do that on the 1.7 then.

As far as I can see now, the code needs some restructuring to allow as much code share as possible between SMP and SSP.

Currently I have only read the more generic parts of the code and am probably missing important parts of the mechanics of the mod. (Like how the Generator and Projector work together). I am also curious how you ID system works. Some of the generated ID's include the player name and I can not figure out why that is required.

I would like to chat or skype with you so that you can give me some insight on how the components work together. I am on irc.esper.net with the nick maxss (or maxss|away) in #waleos.

All right. So I assume that you are OK with me porting the mod to SMP. Now that I know that you will release a new Version soon, I will change my plans a bit.

it is open source...and "soon" is relative...I will convert part of part first Generator , Proejektor ,....etc

I am also curious how you ID system works. Some of the generated ID's include the player name and I can not figure out why that is required.
    I would like to chat or skype with you so that you can give me some insight on how the components work together. I am on irc.esper.net with the nick maxss (or maxss|away) in #waleos.

The ID system works once you understand it easily..."include the player name" is an old prepare on SMP e.g. right who is allowed to operate the projector
    chat is ok ... skype if you German speaking ;)

• The max I have been able to get the area projector to go is 10 and the same with the Deflector if it is facing any other way but up( have not tried down) also nothing will show up on NEI for the Recipes. With the camo block glass will show up as nothing. other wise pretty cool mod here. Also may i suggest that you have in stallion instructions somewhere on it, nothing fancy just like saying drag my mod in to you mods folder.

• Hi.
    First of all I'd like to thank you for making this mod. I have a personal grudge against bukkit and this mod makes thing a lot more interesting.
    I was thinking about more PVP oriented version of this mod. What would you say about making an offspring version with 1 minor change?
    It's all about how force field is activated. Right now you can activate the field any time, no matter how much energy you have stored. But to make it more PVP appealing I would suggest to put 1 limitation to this. Make it so the field can be activated only when there is a certain minimum amount of energy stored (like 50% of total capacity). With that someone would be able to actually weaken the field so it breaks and have some time to walk inside of it.
    As I said, just a little change for PVP oriented servers.