Recruitment

• Official Post

As i've stated previously, i intend to extend IC's team, which previously only consisted of me, Fean and a few freebies (people doing minor stuff and getting their work implemented).

A list of people i would like to have in the team:

• me as Owner of the mod + Feanturi as Main-Spriter , both obviously
    • 2-3 additional Programmers/coders [found]
    • eventually 1 additional spriter/skinner, in case Feanturi turns lazy again xD
    • somebody capable of modell'ing (not necessaryly skinning) mobs/entities [found]
    • somebody capable of modell'ing block-code
    • somebody capable of creating/searching/modifying sound files
    • a group of designated Beta-Testers [We got 10, should be sufficient]
    • a skilled YouTube-showcaser with proper spoken English, a good mic and experience for PR-purpouses [found]

Note: This is just a general list. If we find a coder who is as well good in modelling, he can easyly check multiple of the points mentioned here.

If you want to apply:
    Post a single post in this thread.
    Please do not post discussion or anything but applys in this thread!
    For your application, please provide following Information:

- Name/Nick (just something to call you with)
    - MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname (preferable all of them)
    - Timezone you're living in, given in GMT +-x
    - The position you want to take, aka: what do you want to do?
    - Previous experience on the position mentioned above? A good spot to throw links at previous projects/activitys of yours.

Notes:
    - Don't complain if you're not accepted. There's a ridicolous amount of people following IC and probably intending to help to their best. I can't accept them all, though.
    - You won't be "denied access" unless you actually fail quite hard within the forum. However, it may take long-infinite until you are invited into the team if there are (i'm honest here) "better choices".
    - Posting in this thread more then once will instantly trigger the "denieg access" mentioned above.

Anyone who already is / was working for IC and wants to start/continue working on IC², pls leave a post here, as well.

PS: Currently my PC has no internet and my laptop is a pain to use. Please don't worry because i accept applications right now, i will do this once i've got the subforum up, some organisation going and a real PC with Inet again XD
    PS: Meh... there are 5 people signing up for coders, but i merely need 1 or 2 more ^^' This will be a hard decision

• Name/Nick: warbaque
    Timezone: GMT+2
    Position: Coding, debugging and testing. I can also help with sprites. Hmmm, what about animated textures for some blocks?
    Previous experience:
    I do have experience with all sorts of coding and also rather skilled at that. And I have also written Java for work.
    I did 64x texture replacement for IC: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…xtures-for-soartex-users/ but other than that I haven't worked that much with sprites.

I would like to add that I'm social, helpfull and also easy to get along with :)
    Good traits when working as part of a group.

• Official Post

Name/Nick: Adien
    MCF name: Adien_Alexander
    ICF Name: Adien_Alexander
    IGN: Adien87

Timezone: GMT -5
    Position: Tester, general support, (Possible PR team?)
    Previous Experience: Moderator of the Official IC forums, Beta Tester of MeC and M4D

Lol... Kinda futile, ofc you're in the testing group XD

• - Name/Nick Nightcro

- MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname (preferable all of them):Nightcro (all of them)

- Timezone: GMT+2

- The position you want to take: Beta-Testers

- Previous experience on the position mentioned above? Well i was a beta tester for other games,but for minecraft mods,nop.

I'd really love to be a beta-tester for IndustrialCraft².

• Official Post

- Name/Nick: Gorni
    - MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname: gorni (all places)
    - Timezone you're living in, given in GMT +-x : GMT +1 (Switzerland)
    - The position you want to take, aka: what do you want to do? : Beta Tester, if needed id like to test also in SMP.
    - Previous experience on the position mentioned above? : Not that much, but i bring another qualification: In RL i work as a lab technician where my job is to develop a working process for medical APIs. Taken from there, i know how to test and find problems of something. Making experiments to isolate a bug or problem and hopefully reproduce them to finde the reason, so you can kill those. I hope i can provide those skills, to help you make another awesome industrial craft, since i really liked playing the old one.

Let's hope you aren't over-qualified :3

• - Name/Nick : CVL
    - MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname : CVL4317 , all of them
    - Timezone you're living in, given in GMT : GMT -8 , California.
    - The position you want to take, aka: what do you want to do? : beta tester (on top of that, 'theory' creator)
    - EXPs: not so much outside of college. Have taken first year courses for CS major (Intro in C++, Java, Object Oriented Programming, Boolean Logic). I have been in most MMO beta testing, I am used to bug reporting procedure.

Taken

Please ignore this floating platform with 10,000 solar panels. Nothing to see here.

• Official Post

- Name/Nick : Dan / Skera
    - MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname : Skruffy / Skruffy / TheSkera
    - Timezone you're living in, given in GMT +-x : GMT + 1
    - The position you want to take, aka: what do you want to do? : Beta, and whatever i can assist with, possibly forum assistance.
    - Previous experience on the position mentioned above? A good spot to throw links at previous projects/activitys of yours. :

Well, 3 years of Programming with java, c#, asp.NET mixture, 2 years Multimedia Designer. General Gamer of all sorts of games during all of my life basically ( 28 years old ).

No need to mention i've been gaming MC since alpha obviously.
    Stopped at the programming and designing on a profesional level due to stress related matters. But my books for codeing are still on the shelf!
    Generally im the guy people come to when their pc acts "funny / slow" or if they generally are just about to throw it out the window..
    Other than that, i would consider myself as a bug hunter, skimming code, and having a fair chance to spot a problem in the code.
    I've been admin/Moderator on various closed "Clan/Guild" forums during my time, experience with the most popular PHP css based forums out there, and are fairly quick to learn if i put my mind to it..
    Other than that, i'd say Google is a powerfull tool if one know how to use it :)

Extremly neato, taken

• Name/Nick: iantorlan

MC-Forum nick/ IC-forum Nick/ Minecraft name: iant / iantorlan / iantorlan

Timezone: GMT -5

Position: Beta-testing/Coding

Previous experience: None with Minecraft mods, but have modded for other games, mostly fps. In RL I work at a university research center doing C++, C#, and Objective C development. I run a small, private, IC server with 2 other people, all programmers. Have the ability to test on PC and Mac connected to a Linux based server.

I love IC and it has been the only way I've played Minecraft for almost 6 months now. Would love to help out in any way I can.

• Name/Nick: Lahrmid

MC-Forum Nick: Lahrmid on both forums and ingame.

Timezone you're living in, given in GMT: GMT+1 (Sweden)

The position you want to take: Beta Tester, don't know what else I could really contribute with.

Previous experience on the position mentioned above: Beta tested plenty of MMOs - WoW, Warhammer Online, Mortal Online, Terra Online (Only for 1 week), Haven and Hearth, Age of Conan, All Points Bulletin, and a few Indie Games.

• Official Post

- Name/Nick (just something to call you with)
    Alex

alexthesax for all three :D

Because it is daylight savings time, GMT -5

Modder and/or beta tester

- Previous experience on the position mentioned above? A good spot to throw links at previous projects/activitys of yours.
    I'm kind of new to modding, but not to programming, currently working on a Beer Mod, a realistic one, where you have to work through all the steps to make beer, and if you get drunk it will have side effects.
    I've been messing around with modding for a while now, but never really made a real project until now. I may not know a ton about modding, but as with C++, I catch on pretty quickly. As for beta tester, I will be having a server running soon, and testing stuff would be really awesome.
    Thanks for reading!

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• Official Post

Name/Nick: Vilaz/Kitty both 100% acceptable
    Accounts:
    -MC-Forum Nick: mr.vilaz
    -IC-Forum Nick: vilaz
    -Minecraft Acountname: vilaz
    Timezone:GMT+1 (Poland)

The position you want to take:
    I would like to apply for a beta-tester. Beside this I could provide from time to time some fan-arts and thingies that helps create interest in whole project.
    Previous experience on the position mentioned above?
    I was beta-tester for FOnline2238 project as well as few other FOnline engine based servers.
    I'm currently learning to draw things digitally. Lots of experimenting while creating new pieces but here I have some made for people on requests Clicky for DA account! Be aware: ponies!. (Yea, I'm
    one of these crazied pony guys called bronies. To be honest it's a great topic for learning about creating art with amazing access to professional artists).
    Oh. I also made this way back.

How could i possibly refuse to accept someone batman-approved into the team ^^

• Official Post

- Name/Nick: Tahu
    - tahu44 / tahu44 / tahu44

- Timezone GMT+2 (Belgium)

-
    I would like to help you do some spriting or some modeling.
    I could also help with moderating the forums.
    When needed, i can also test Smp versions on my minecraft server.
    I don't know if it is needed here but I can also help doing some translation work.

- I've done some texturing for a Command and Conquer Zero Hour mod but it was discontinued due to the lack of contact we had with the mod-owner.
    - I have also done some mod re-texturing for my private minecraft server.
    I think I have the all right software with my Adobe master collection
    :love:

tahu

Taken ^^ Good to have a real Modeller onboard, though i'm yet unsure about how much of your ability will be ned, exspecially in early developement ^^'

• - Name/Nick

M11xStryker

- MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname
    M11xStryker. I go by that name for all minecraft related matters.

- Timezone you're living in, given in GMT
    Central Timezone, GMT - 5
    Geographically, USA, Missouri

- The position you want to take
    Beta tester please.

And no, I do not have any experience in matters such as beta testing. I do learn quickly however.

• - Name/Nick: Aragaith
    - MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname: Aragaith / Aragaith / Aragaith (if its an Aragaith, it's usually me)
    - Timezone: GMT -5
    - Position: Beta Testing.
    - Previous experience: Aside from running a IC SMP server and helping report bugs found and making sure they are reproduce-able when able, not much else when dealing with minecraft based testing. Have a mess load of freetime for the foreseeable future, so can go and muck around with many iterations of block combination's to hopefully find some problem.

• Official Post

Nick: elementalist
    I try and stay away from "Curse"(read their licensing if you want to know the reason) so no MC-Forum anymore.
    MC account name: elementalist
    Timezone: GMT+10
    Position: Developer; I would like to focus on the SMP side of things later on once IC^2 has finished stabilising the refactoring/clean-up.

Experience:
    2-3 Years of professional work as a developer, though only as c#, php. I am currently half way through 2nd year of my computer science degree. PHP is my hobby language, but I mostly work in Java for Uni.

When I read your post about you ending support for IC on the MC-Forum, I immediately started thinking about just keeping it working with new versions of MC. But since it turned out your starting IC^2, I'm up for helping out in the best way I can.

Edit: Forgot to delete template from post :whistling:

• - Name/Nick (just something to call you with) Lordomus
    - MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname (preferable all of them) The all of them is Lordomus
    - Timezone you're living in, given in GMT +-x - GMT + 1 ( Warsaw , Berlin , Prague)
    - The position you want to take, aka: what do you want to do? Beta Tests
    - Previous experience on the position mentioned above? A good spot to throw links at previous projects/activitys of yours. Beta Tester of Aether mod and Beta tests of first Flan Planes

Taken

• Name/Nick (just something to call you with)

Fire-Proof
    MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname (preferable all of them)

My minecraft forum and minecraft account name is Fire_Proof, an my industrial craft forum name is nickolaj1177
    Timezone you're living in, given in GMT +-x

GTM +1 (CET)
    The position you want to take, aka: what do you want to do?

I would like to be a beta tester.
    Previous experience on the position mentioned above? A good spot to throw links at previous projects/activitys of yours.

I don't have much expirence with beta testing. Also i have a tiny bit expirence with java coding, but not nearly enough to be a coder. I am running a SMP server i can use for testing.

• - Name/Nick: let's take my real name: Bart

- MC-Forum Nick / IC-Forum Nick / Minecraft Acountname: all are bartios

- Timezone you're living in, given in GMT: GMT +1

- The position you want to take, aka: what do you want to do?: Beta testing

- Previous experience on the position mentioned above? A good spot to throw links at previous projects/activitys of yours: none really, but you always have to start somewhere.

• - Name/Nick (just something to call you with)

Xeno, Xenoforce, Max-o-l

MCF: Max-o-l
    ICF: XFMax-o-l
    MAN: XenoForce

UTC/GMT +2 hours, Amsterdam time, Netherlands

VFX, SFX or modelling

I have just finished a quite big filming project for school.
    I am experienced with 3DS Max and a bit of Maya, as i use them for VFX. So i can do some modelling. I don´t know how these models integrate into MC, but i will do some research on my own. Further, i can help with SFX as well as trailers etc, but thats to be done in a later stadium.

-Reason for edit: Cleaned unrelevant data.

Buildcraft – spilling items.™

• Brick
    BrickedKeyboard
    GMT - 5:00
    I want to be a developer granted source access so that I can make the dozens of improvements that I want Industrial Craft to have. - Previous experience on the position mentioned above? A good spot to throw links at previous projects/activitys of yours.
    I've got a Master's degree and a real job in an engineering field. I don't use java at work, but I'm talented in C++ and in any case the algorithm and the process used is what ultimately determines how well code works. I suggest that since you don't want to allow all of us requesting source access to have said access, then decide who gets it with a contest. Or accept more than 2 developers for the first couple weeks and fire the people who are not performing after a week or two. (since I obviously will get most work done on evenings and weekends)