[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Solar Panels v3.5.1 + Quantum Generator + Solar helmets !

• Hey there,

I'm just trying this out for the first time, and my only experience with mods is just playing the things, so I probably don't know anything about anything, but I was wondering if it really needs the 192 block id... well.. not wondering really, as I mapped it to 1006 in my new world and it works all right.

Not that I got any conflicts or anything when I started the game with it set to 192, but aren't those reserved for world generation? I seem to recall a forge message mentioning that even ores don't normally need an id in the 256 range.

Anyway, just noticing stuff (~mousecat :) )

• Hey there, i am trying to use this as part of the FTB 1.4.6 pack and i am getting Id conflict which when resolved leads to the Null Pointer error, any fixes for this? Please bear in mind i am a complete noob when it comes to this.

• Hey there, i am trying to use this as part of the FTB 1.4.6 pack and i am getting Id conflict which when resolved leads to the Null Pointer error, any fixes for this? Please bear in mind i am a complete noob when it comes to this.

go into the minecraft folder in and look for a folder that has configs on it, open that up and open up the config file for Advanced solar panels and find the ID #'s that are conflicting and change them to one you might think might not be in use. Changing the ID's around via config files isn't all that hard ;)

• I am getting crash when i install Better Breeding Mod and Advanced Solars + Gravisuit together

• Major bug found. They stop outputting on energy net if moved with a frame.

This makes these things useless for my playthrough.

Please fix.

OMG! Do not use frames with non-frames or non-vanilla blocks! Frames do not work with IC2, thermal expansion, etc. properly!
    IC2: try to move a nuclear reactor using frames, and you will understand
    Thermal Expansion: Try to move liquiducts or redstone energy conduits, then understand that your house got a chunk reset..
    etc.

You found major bug. But not in this addon, as you wrote, "They stop outputting on energy net if moved with a frame.". Energy Net? ASP uses standart IC2 methods, events, etc.

• Its this Addon. And my Addon too (i'll fix that). The Machines would have to detect if they got moved and then have to disconnect and reconnect to the E-net.

Maybe just not to use machines with frames?
    This addon's updateEntity's code retries to connect to energyNet when updateEntity method is called.
    If you'd like to use it with frames, create block breaker, free space (MUST BE machine's coord x +- 1, or z +- 1) , deployer, and tube from blockbreaker to deployer, and timer of course. that will instantly cause updateEntity method call, and you will be in a good shape.

• Official Post

Maybe just not to use machines with frames?
    This addon's updateEntity's code retries to connect to energyNet when updateEntity method is called.
    If you'd like to use it with frames, create block breaker, free space (MUST BE machine's coord x +- 1, or z +- 1) , deployer, and tube from blockbreaker to deployer, and timer of course. that will instantly cause updateEntity method call, and you will be in a good shape.

Uhhm WHAT!?! Do you even know a little bit about Minecraftcode? updateEntity() is called EVERY Tick! And what is the boolshit you are talking about Blockbreakers causing that Update-Function?, They don't! And Redpowers Frames KEEP the Machines connected to the E-net even if there is a large Gap between the Cable and the Machine (probably fixed by IC² itself, but since there is the Bug, which caused this Discoussion, I highly doubt it), so you have to check the Coordinates of the TileEntity, to see if it got moved by anything (not only Redpower can move Blocks), and then disconnect and reconnect, like I said, to the E-net. If you wouldn't detect that, then only closed Systems would still be working properly with the E-net.

• Hey sentimel, when i first checked this addon out, i thought it was horribly overpowered (Check my comments on the first page...). But now that i suddenly discovered that you have changed the recipes (How long time ago did you change them, by the way?) I think I'll start using it.

Quick suggestion: Lunar panels! 32 eu/t at night, 16 eu/t at day/rainy night no eu at rainy day! Totally unrealistic, but quite fun and usefull!

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Hi, may I have permission to include your addon in a private server modpack for my server, distributed through the FTB client (feed-the-beast.com)?
    Thanks for all of your work.

• hey sentimel well lets just get right to it i am wondering if you would like your mod in my modpack if you have any further questions just reply to this and i will be obliged to answer
    -ultamatum

• Sorry guys for long answer i was on vacation. For all those who want to use my addons in their private mods pack, I give permission to use all my addons.. Good idea check position of machine. I will add this function in next update.

• I've been getting this error whenever I try to boot up my server with this mod

I'm guessing it has to do with how I installed it. I just threw all the classes in the jar.