I was able to port IC2 1.43 to Minecraft 1.1 (I need permission to release)

• Hello, I know this is my first post on this site but if you don't know me i'm Cooldudepoke on the Minecraft Forums.

I attempted porting IC2 1.43 to Minecraft 1.1 and I succeeded!

I need permission to release it though.

Anyway Here's some Proof:

And Another Image:

Anyway Thanks for reading my post. Hopefully I'll be able to release this unofficial(and mostly untested) IC2 release for Minecraft 1.1.

PS: If your one of the devs and such can you please let me know if I can release this. If not it doesn't matter it just means people will have to wait longer.

Todo List:
    1. Port IC2 to 1.1 Complete
    2. Port Buildcraft to 1.1

~ Cooldudepoke

• You're saving no time since the work is now duplicated but your support in this manor was not desired and are instead pressing on about the issue.

• Baaah... I rather would keep on playing 1.0... ladders are totally broken and I have to rebuild some (or all) of my trapdoors...

I was hoping that Alblaka would take his time with Porting IC2^^.

Next Suggestion... a Ladder which works as usual^^

• Official Post

Must be quite dissapointing,huh?
    Alblaka,there is a rule to ban for asking for realise date,but at least,when the next update comes...at least announce,that you're porting IC2,so people won't do anything like that..

Is it not assumed by the community that it will be updated? I don't really see a reason to announce it, of course there will be an update....

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• Is it not assumed by the community that it will be updated? I don't really see a reason to announce it, of course there will be an update....

It is assumed by myself that it'll be updated, and the way I see it, it'll be ready when it's ready, no point in asking for a release, better to get it out with as few bugs as possible in my eyes even if it does take longer

• Official Post

It is assumed by myself that it'll be updated, and the way I see it, it'll be ready when it's ready, no point in asking for a release, better to get it out with as few bugs as possible in my eyes even if it does take longer

That is the type of attitude that we like to see :)

Lesson 1: Watch over your crops....

• Ehhhhh... What?

I think what he's trying to say is that your port is redundant (since Al already has one working), that he doesn't appreciate your input (don't know why), and that he doesn't like that you aren't letting the matter drop (not 100% on that last part)

Me though, I have to give you props for attempting this. :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: For the effort, even if it wasn't sanctioned.

• I think what he's trying to say is that your port is redundant (since Al already has one working), that he doesn't appreciate your input (don't know why), and that he doesn't like that you aren't letting the matter drop (not 100% on that last part)

Me though, I have to give you props for attempting this. :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: For the effort, even if it wasn't sanctioned.

My "what?" was because i didnt even made the port, and with saving time i meant it for the OP, since in his ToDo list he was about to make a BC Port when it was already updated.

• This is an amazingly inventive and successful way to get a status update on the 1.1 port. I will now just bask in your brilliance!
    --Altaree

• I think the OP's energy would be better directed by applying to work on the mod teams, rather than duplicating their efforts in vain.
    Obviously he has a thorough understanding of the code and some of the things that need to be completed - with the proper guidance and direction he could be of assistance!

• Cooldudepoke. Since most people are being dicks let me put it this way. A lot of devs and such don't like others releasing ports of their works to say even bukkit. But they after a while gave in and allowed it. They just dislike it in so many ways they just don't want it to happen. A lot people also get worried if the user changed anything etc etc...

My point is as much as what you did was nice and you have a good heart. It's just not going be welcomed here and it might even look like people will think your an idiot and your not they just express their feelings wrong or clearly have some issues going on at home.

Though if you have this kind of talent you really should consider doing addons for IC/BC/RP. Also if you really enjoy doing stuff a lot of users want mods converted over to bukkit and there is http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php for people who really enjoy a challenge.

Anyways thanks again and good luck!

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• There doesn't seem to be much sense in "updating" a mod that you know is going to be updated anyhow.
    Alblaka had already specifically stated his intentions - it's not as if it's a dead mod that hasn't been updated in months.
    I wasn't aware that pointing this out made someone a "dick", and it's terribly unfair to classify "most" of the participants in the thread that way (IMO, there's only been one... until now)
    I'm not sure why reason indicates "problems at home". I'd be more likely to conclude that passing judgment in that fashion is indicative of underlying problem... but I'm sure you meant well.
    After all, you're such a nice guy to compliment one person at everyone else's expense. :rolleyes:

• There doesn't seem to be much sense in "updating" a mod that you know is going to be updated anyhow.
    Alblaka had already specifically stated his intentions - it's not as if it's a dead mod that hasn't been updated in months.
    I wasn't aware that pointing this out made someone a "dick", and it's terribly unfair to classify "most" of the participants in the thread that way (IMO, there's only been one... until now)
    I'm not sure why reason indicates "problems at home". I'd be more likely to conclude that passing judgment in that fashion is indicative of underlying problem... but I'm sure you meant well.
    After all, you're such a nice guy to compliment one person at everyone else's expense. :rolleyes:

Doesn't help that truthfully porting to 1.1 (and 1.1 SMP) isn't a difficult task, what's taking all the development time on 1.1 IC2 is that he's trying to implement extra bug fixes/features as well. No point in doing multiple updates per Minecraft patch unless its bug fixes.

I appreciate the work the OP did, but I can see why it shouldn't be posted. It just encourages others to crack IC2's code and such, which the fewer people toying around inside of the code the better. There's an API for those wanting to expand it.

Still remember the convo ending with "No, stop bugging me, cables transmitting energy are totally not possible! Use the batterys."

• I appreciate the work the OP did, but I can see why it shouldn't be posted. It just encourages others to crack IC2's code and such, which the fewer people toying around inside of the code the better. There's an API for those wanting to expand it.

I agree on those points.