Industrial-scale/endgame power generation - what's your choice?

• Let's say you have access to abundant resources of all types: what would your power generation setup look like? Rely on just type or branch out and take advantage of several types?

Basically, for the first time ever I'm sticking with one world instead of restarting/wiping map due to patch updates and what not, and I'm kinda undecided on what I want to set as my 'ultimate' goal. I got a mass fab running, nuclear plant humming, clad in a quantum suit and nowhere to go! Earlier, reaching this point has always coincided with having to restart, but now I'd like to hear (and see, screenies tell a thousand words!) about those massive megaplants that churn out EU's by the millions - I know some of you got those!

• Let's say you have access to abundant resources of all types: what would your power generation setup look like? Rely on just type or branch out and take advantage of several types?

Basically, for the first time ever I'm sticking with one world instead of restarting/wiping map due to patch updates and what not, and I'm kinda undecided on what I want to set as my 'ultimate' goal. I got a mass fab running, nuclear plant humming, clad in a quantum suit and nowhere to go! Earlier, reaching this point has always coincided with having to restart, but now I'd like to hear (and see, screenies tell a thousand words!) about those massive megaplants that churn out EU's by the millions - I know some of you got those!

Pfff... no one is having megaplants! :P

Normally if I have all I need I start making things look nice and polished, build funny railnetworks (Railcraft FtW^^) and start to design things that work with an incredible amount of redstone (I use Eloraams Redpower for this purpose). But with IC2 alone... really no idea.

• Pfff... no one is having megaplants! :P

Normally if I have all I need I start making things look nice and polished, build funny railnetworks (Railcraft FtW^^) and start to design things that work with an incredible amount of redstone (I use Eloraams Redpower for this purpose). But with IC2 alone... really no idea.

Ah, yes, I do have the 'usual' assortment of mods (RP2/BC/Forestry etc.) but those shouldn't be required to take over the world, right? :D

• I suggest a few nuclear reactors, possibly set apart from the rest of your base of operations and well-protected from the event of a meltdown.

• If I had unlimited resources I'd probably just make insane amounts of generators and feed them with tubes. Why build a reactor or renewable power if you have unlimited coal?

but those shouldn't be required to take over the world, right?

Technically you can do this with Iron tools due to how piss weak villagers are, and predictable most mobs become...

I vote Water+Lava, mostly due to the fact that both resources are easily available, and come in huge quantities. Also the fact that neither resource really harms the environment when consumed, and don't 'explode' on you as you are using them, lol...

But if we are also including add-on energy sources, then Li-6 from Rocket Science and the biomass from Forestry mod are also nice energy resources as well...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• in light of the post above me, I change my suggestion to geothermal. I just realized that if you AFK in the nether overnight with pumps collecting lava, then going to geothermals and from there into energy/laportron crystals (or something else IDK), you can spend a few minutes moving them over to your main world and you have PLENTY of energy to use.

• Yeah but the point is if you are in endgame (EG having a quantum-suit etc.) the construction should be the challange.

So nuclears are best. Building compact CASUC-Designs is a challange. Also automated fuel-processing with reeds etc. And of course everything should look cool :P

You don't need the energy either, so producing energy is not the core intention, but the idea behind the production is the important thing. Fancy Water-Towers or some kind of airship which actually uses the wind-gens a some kind of turbine :P etc.

There are endless possibilities and normally you have most of the materials around for this, since you should produce enough matter to get everything and are most likely drowning in copper, tin and iron.

• > I got a mass fab running, nuclear plant humming, clad in a quantum suit and nowhere to go!

I hit that stage. Had 5 HV solars and 16 recyclers feeding a UU machine. When I upgraded my server to 1.1 I deliberately pruned away the chunks that contained my house and I'm playing vanilla-ish now. After 2 nights I have a couple of macerators and a small nuke (it's disappointing how quickly you can get to the end game in IC2) but that's as far as I'm going. Now I'm going to set myself about caving with picks and making xp grinders and what.

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• Make huge Power plant in nether use flatificators to bring in dirt irigators and cultivators to claim paradise it will use tons no really tons of energy :D

...its not like i have an idea on how Alblaka mind works...

-
    It has tiny stupid what below?... A RATING SYSTEM! here goes my face :Advanced Furnace: cmon it is even transparent you can't be serious.

• Make huge Power plant in nether use flatificators to bring in dirt irigators and cultivators to claim paradise it will use tons no really tons of energy :D

This

Id also use quarries to dig out a area for a base similar to aperture science and make a massive base there.

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• I usually set up a forestry-logistic pipes-IC system that says to always keep the generators stocked with charcoal
    I do this at such a massive scale though, that I usually get the same output as a bad-@$$ nuclear reactor (that can't explode)

• It's not really that hard to beat out a nuke plant for power output, especially if you're looking at sustained power output instead of peak. Sure you can make a nuke plant output 1500E/t for a short time, but keeping it running at that rate is near impossible. 120E/t is basically the "sane" max, before you start getting into mass ice manufacturing (which saps up Energy at a prodigious rate) or something. 120E/T is just 6 geos!

• HV-Solar Arrays.

It's the only thing I use. (Well, and MV and LV ones...)

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• It's not really that hard to beat out a nuke plant for power output, especially if you're looking at sustained power output instead of peak. Sure you can make a nuke plant output 1500E/t for a short time, but keeping it running at that rate is near impossible. 120E/t is basically the "sane" max, before you start getting into mass ice manufacturing (which saps up Energy at a prodigious rate) or something. 120E/T is just 6 geos!

A compressor takes about 200 Eu/t to keep a ~1800 Eu/t reactor cooled, but by sacrificing 30~ Eu/t to remove a 7th uranium you can switch to a bucket system and forgo a compressor completely. There are difficulties considering buckets cant stack, but im fairly certain the prototype im working on can keep it going safely for a whole cycle.

• A compressor takes about 200 Eu/t to keep a ~1800 Eu/t reactor cooled, but by sacrificing 30~ Eu/t to remove a 7th uranium you can switch to a bucket system and forgo a compressor completely. There are difficulties considering buckets cant stack, but im fairly certain the prototype im working on can keep it going safely for a whole cycle.

Yeah, got a CASUC reactor running now on a mostly creative mode server to provide power. Nets around 1400EU/t (I think) as the 3 compressors (very overclocked compressors there) eat up around 300EU/t. Also needed are 3 snowmen , 3 transposers, 3 block breakers and a handful of tubes. (the snowman poop 9001 snowball creator)