[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] CompactSolars 4.4

• Even that is wrong in regards to forge and optifine. You might have to install them directly when using the other two, but forge and optifine can be run from magic launcher as long as Forge is placed before all the forge mods and optifine is placed dead last after everything else.

Edit: Though one thing to note, with Magic Launcher the game tends to reset achievements every single time I restart it, though I think it has more to do with some of the other mods I have installed.

I actually looked into the resetting achievements thing, and it's not a Magic Launcher issue, it's a vanilla Minecraft bug, where as if the Jar is ever modified, it triggers a reset of the achievements. Kinda of a pain in the butt, but whatever. I gave up on em till it gets fixed. Completed them ALL once, and then they got blanked. Quite irritating, LOL

• Well yea, I noticed that as well, but it only started doing it every single time after adding mods like TC2, RP2, and Forestry, with just IC2 and BC 3.1.5 it didn't do it all the time and yea, I gave up on em as well since the real achievement is building what you want, not what it tells you to build~

Also, on the Optifine thread it states to install it last in the mods, and with ML it only seems to work when installed last. That was just a statement in regards to saying one has to install it in the jar when he's using it though. That said, maybe installing optifine smooth very last was causing the graphical bugs with the latest version of it and forge. All I know is that changing smooth for standard got rid of my flying trees, invisible creepers, and disco sheep with no legs.

• The right Order for installing into Jar WITHOUT LAUNCHER is

Optifine
    Forge
    CodeChickenCore + NEI
    Mystcraft

OK the order of the last two is irrelevant, because they have no overlapping Files. This way Optifine gets overwritten by Forge. (Forge is more important)

Noooo, dont do that! You have to override Forge with Optifine, Forge 3.2.5.120+ and Optifine C2+ are fully compatible.

• He has a Point its very Usefull this Compacting method. I use it in tekkit.

• java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.util.Hashtable.put(Unknown Source)
    at forge.MinecraftForge.setGuiHandler(MinecraftForge.java:1107)
    at mod_CompactSolars.load(mod_CompactSolars.java:34)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.modloader.ModLoaderModContainer.init(ModLoaderModContainer.java:356)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.modInit(Loader.java:273)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:628)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.onLoadComplete(FMLClientHandler.java:223)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:429)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:738)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT 97bbad7e ----------

Getting this error. No spoilers cause it so short. Happens after I update to Forge 3.3.8.164. I used to have 3.3.8.162

• Just an idea, take it or leave it: Would it be possible, in order to solve both these balance and server load issues, to modify the way the existing solar panels work in that when you place a solar panel next to another solar panel, those two sort of morph together and act as a single entity? Kind of like chests do with extended inventory. I don't know how that would be done, so I'm not sure if that helps the server load issue, but the idea is that you wouldn't have to calculate the EU/t for each individual panel, just the whole "Array" of panels. You would run a wire from any panel in the array, and presto, you've got power.

That's essentially how solar arrays work in reality. It would be nonsense to hook a wire to each individual solar panel, but they each can conduct electricity to the panel next to them.

Also, to compensate for the lack of extra wiring in such a system, you could make it an advanced solar panel, crafted from a solar panel and some tin or copper wire (also inspired from reality). It would output the same amount of power, but only it would be capable of connecting with others of it's kind.

Now I'm not trying to rehash the debate about solar panel balance, it seems it was a heated topic back in the day, but it might be a cool idea, even if it doesn't really solve any issue.

• That sort of sounds like how RP2 solar panels work. I don't think it would be possible code-wise, but I can't be 100% certain. Just cause it would most likely mean changing part of the energynet already built into IC2.

• I don't know, but I feel, somehow, that chests would be a good place to start. When you put them next to each other, they essentially stop becoming two chests and become a single item that takes up more than one block of space. The individual blocks, from what I can see, cease to exist and a whole new creation or "entity" (in a general sense, not the technical term in minecraft programming) is in it's place. That's how I imagine these solar arrays would work, only on a much larger scale. The game doesn't have to calculate the EU/t output of each individual panel and wire, but instead only the output of the single "entity" and one wire connecting to it, theoretically allowing an infinitely sized array without increased server/cpu load. I don't know if this is the case, nor if such a thing is really practical; it may require more programming than it's worth, but would essentially solve the problem many people have.

• Thanks for this great mod. It's even fun grinding ores and stuff to make an HV . Oh my such a good feeling. And , Saving so much space! <3 :)

• First, READ! It has been mentioned multiple times in the last few pages that this addon does work in 1.97.

Actually, while the mod works fine in singleplayer, it does NOT work in multiplayer. Sad, because one of the best reasons for this mod is to cut down serverside lag (which is why I want it). Looking forward to the new version, whenever that may be!

• I have 1 BIG problem,glass fiber should only transport 512 eu/t but there is no problem connection a lot of HV solar panel to just 1 cable an charge a MFSU in a blink... where the 512 max eu/t gone?

(using version 2.3.2.10 )

• I have 1 BIG problem,glass fiber should only transport 512 eu/t but there is no problem connection a lot of HV solar panel to just 1 cable an charge a MFSU in a blink... where the 512 max eu/t gone?

(using version 2.3.2.10 )

They transport at most 512eu/t in a single packet, 10 HV arrays will send 10 512eu/t packets, not 1 5120eu/t packet. This is why the fiber is not overloaded.

• Actually, while the mod works fine in singleplayer, it does NOT work in multiplayer. Sad, because one of the best reasons for this mod is to cut down serverside lag (which is why I want it). Looking forward to the new version, whenever that may be!

I use this mod in multiplayer with IC2 1.97 and did not experience any problems with arrays.