Suggestion: Healing bed

• Medical nanobots, GO!

agreed! i totaly support the nano laboratory idea :D

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Like... a bed... with some batterys wired to it?
    The last time i tried, applying electric current to myself, it did NOT heal me XD

Unless you are a Cyborg. I remember getting a creative burst (More like a daydream tbh) about making a mod in which we would made a cybord steve, using "modules" to upgrade steve in a character gui which you would be able to access using a specially created "Electrical Bed".

I have the whole thing writting out somewhere but im too lazy to post it :P.

The last time i tried, applying electric current to myself, it did NOT heal me XD

...Kinky?

Add a Mass Fabricator to it or something?

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Make this bed with this recipe for SMP only and turn it into a damaging bed that acts like a Tesla Coil when someone sleeps in it, but also make it look like any other bed.

Now in all seriousness instead of a bed make it more like a healing pod that uses nano-tech to heal you, but would require electricity and a specially made liquid to run (the liquid could be something that could be used in nano-bot injections that were suggested in the nano-tech lab suggestion). Of course this would require Al to go with the nano-tech suggestion as well, but it would be something interesting to see. Another function of it could be only the first person to use it can access it from then on, like the personal storage chests.

Either way, the idea of a healing machine is something that is interesting, but the concept of it shouldn't be attached to something like a bed.

Maybe... it is a heated bed, make bed warm and make you have a good sleep in cold night, perfect in snowy biome :) . A good sleep is a healthy and make you feel better at next day, even not completely well if you have large wounds :D .

• heh heh, a healing bed

I like it!

no need to get fancy, straight away with nano-tech and the like. have a basic bed that heals.

then you leave room for more advanced upgrades/ buffs and the like. Think potion effects here, so each day you can wake up with SPEED! lol, or whatever buff you want.

hmmm perhaps integrate these buffs with plants from the agriculture part, making materials from a plant or two to give you these effects.

But please please, don't go straight for "high" tech stuff guys, that just makes it boring. It is much better to have an upgrade system in it.

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• Well in terms of tech and whatnot, there is the "low tech" canned food that heals you one heart when you eat it already in the game, so a healing pod would be an upgraded version of it. Probably make it so it starts off without all the high tech stuff in it and it heals you slower, and then you add stuff like I mentioned above to increase the heal rate? I just don't like the idea of tying it specifically to beds, since, for example, the last time I fractured my wrist or sprained my ankle a warm, electrified bed didn't really do much to help it.

Anyway, the concept of something you can use to heal is one that sounds pretty interesting, and even though it's not as portable as canned food it would probably be a nice addition to a house.

A bed, with the Fixatron 2000, Mk III BoneMender, running Plague-Be-Gone and Steve's Anatomy 0.7 beta*, and other medical machiney stuff.

*Patch notes 0.7b
    Fixed the following bugs:
    -Steve walks in circles after use (ensure legs are same length)
    -Unable to interact with objects after use (arms are no longer considered foreign objects)
    -Sometimes removes Steve's third "leg"
    -Rare zombification (Venom removal software no longer replaces blood with yoghurt)
    -What are knees/elbows? (Removed vandalism from english language pack)

• silver is used in many real would medical applications maybe we can dust off the old silver dust item for this.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• silver is used in many real would medical applications maybe we can dust off the old silver dust item for this.

silver is not an IC2 ore.... its redpower.

so i dont think an silver aplication will be added for this, sorry

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

they are called Tens Units, they pulse electrical signals through your muscles like a really weak taser to loosen muscle cramps and for some therapy applications :) shocking yourself kinda heals you :p and Ozone from the electricity can help kill unwanted bacteria in your body, like from a zombie bite :D

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

Last time I tied a battery to a sieve and put it on my head, I didn't grow gills.
    Last time I kicked an electric fence with my steel toecapped boots, I couldn't jump over my house.

Can't we just give it the good old "This is not the logic you are looking for. It's IC2! Everything is better when you add power, HAYO!" handwave?

By the way, Steve's Anatomy has now gone gold. No changes from beta 7, we just want your money now. Dance puppets!
    (By allowing your heart to beat twice for yes, you agree not to sue us and take sole responsibility for anything that ever happens to you. Even if we directly cause it. Which is now irrelevant, since by the time you get to this point you will have already agreed several times.)

• What about an alternative to the bed that can count as a bed, but is like a medical tank or something(think most scifi shows :P) Would be even more amusing if you slept in it vertically.

• What about an alternative to the bed that can count as a bed, but is like a medical tank or something(think most scifi shows :P) Would be even more amusing if you slept in it vertically.

kind of like a medical "Isolation tank" where the suspend you in epsom salt water at 98.6 and let your body regenerate? sounds interesting enough.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

+1
    a healing block or a healing chamber is more fun.

Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum - "When you have their testicals/full-attention in your grasp, you will have their hearts and minds also"