[Addon 1.112]Advanced Machines Original v1.8a

• Honestly I wish they would just collaborate, yet make the mod "massively" configurable. Defaulting to what the original "Advanced Machines" was, 1 EU/t for passive maintenance of speed/pressure (10000 RPM/100000 PSI or Gibbl, whatever it was, max), 16 EU/t to operate with two output slot macerator, three output slot extractor. I'm not sure how they would have to deal with GUI differences allowing for changing numbers of output slots or having optional upgrade slots, but options are nice. Maybe the default doesn't even have to be what the original was so much since it's been so long that most people have probably just adopted whatever new differences there are.

Before anyone flames this post or either mod author of any version of this mod please realize that people have different ideas of what is balanced, reasonable and/or fun, which is why I'm a big fan of options with defaults that give you an idea of how the author intended to balance things.

• The biggest issue that most people have with stryker is that he didn't get permission from zippinus and I'm pretty sure zipp would not want upgrades to work in the machines. He nerfed the machines cause the friggin IC devs say its OP but who are they to tell us what mods we can and can't use who cares if they think its OP, in my opinion I don't think it is but thats my opinion just like being OP is theirs.

I just don't like that he didn't get permission. CPW on the other hand did. I trust cpw to keep mods true to their original form just like the iron chest mod but he made even more stuff for it that actually stays true to it and is quite cool. /endrant

• can you guys not except that the war is over? there is no need to dwell on or discuss anymore on what happened with zipp, atomic stryker, and advanced machines. if you really need drama go support wasteland 2 on kickstarter or petition bioware to change masseffect 3's ending or something but this is just a small addon to a mod of an indie game we should all be happy now. :D

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• can you guys not except that the war is over? there is no need to dwell on or discuss anymore on what happened with zipp, atomic stryker, and advanced machines. if you really need drama go support wasteland 2 on kickstarter or petition bioware to change masseffect 3's ending or something but this is just a small addon to a mod of an indie game we should all be happy now. :D

Pretty much this. I wasn't happy with AS's mod, then this one was released and now I'm happy. I do think it's a bit of disrespect towards zipp from atomicstryker, but let that rest on him and let zipp deal with that if or when he returns.

I think the choice between the two is a good thing, those of us who like and want the original are get what we want. If you want anything more, I suggest requesting AS to do it or give it a go yourself.

• Who cares if you didnt like strykers mod - you dont have to use it. If you want a mod a certain way then make it. DOnt diss a mod maker because he didnt make the mod the way YOU wanted it done. EVeryone needs to stop bitching and enjoy industrialcraft.

Btw Atomic is a decent modder. Better than the ones who are bitching about shit they CANT do. And also, this guy didnt have zipps permisssion either, so you are contradicting yourself Qweets. Zipp didnt have any copyrights for AM so pretty much anyone can make their own version of AM

God blesses the child that can hold its own.

• Btw Atomic is a decent modder. Better than the ones who are bitching about shit they CANT do.

The whole concept of "If you can't do something, you can't critique anyone's work in the area" is flawed. I'm not an artist, but I know bad art work when I see it. I'm not writer, but I still think Twilight was god awful. From past experience and observation, there's a large amount of coders/modders who think themselves above this, that only someone who can duplicate their work has the right to comment on it.

Still don't agree? Most gamers couldn't write a game to save their lives, but apparently know a bad game when they see one.

• ]The whole concept of "If you can't do something, you can't critique anyone's work in the area" is flawed. I'm not an artist, but I know bad art work when I see it. I'm not writer, but I still think Twilight was god awful. From past experience and observation, there's a large amount of coders/modders who think themselves above this, that only someone who can duplicate their work has the right to comment on it.

Still don't agree? Most gamers couldn't write a game to save their lives, but apparently know a bad game when they see one.

From what i saw in that thread, it was more like bitching because those where not the old advanced machines rather than a critic of being a bad mod.

Also the truth is relative, what may seem to be shitty to you may be good to someone else.

• LALALA! I'M NOT LISTENING TO THE ONGOING DEBATE ABOUT LONG DEAD AND BURIED UNPLEASANTNESS!

so snyke care to share what upcoming features you have planned for this addon?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• LALALA! I'M NOT LISTENING TO THE ONGOING DEBATE ABOUT LONG DEAD AND BURIED UNPLEASANTNESS!

so snyke care to share what upcoming features you have planned for this addon?

He's not going to add anything. You guys didn't want him to do that. Look at the rage over AS's version. He's just maintaining this. Also Solymr I noticed you don't respond to

And also, this guy didnt have zipps permisssion either, so you are contradicting yourself Qweets. Zipp didnt have any copyrights for AM so pretty much anyone can make their own version of AM

• 1st i was trying to change the subject
    2nd its seem they were mad about the other machines no longer lining up with the induction furnace but they loved innovations like additive macerating (not saying this addon should copy the idea just using it as an example that this addon is not at a dead end)
    3rd GAHHH! YOU MADE ME TALK ABOUT IT! :cursing:
    4th if no one wants any more advanced stuff things could always be added in the opposite direction :Dhttp://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=5180 (warning: shameless plug)

• I literally registered for the first time just now after lurking and using mods/addons from this site for... I don't even know how long... Since I first started playing minecraft i think...? Well anyway, I just finally registered to thank you for bringing the TRUE advanced machines back instead of an abomination with a stolen title.

Thank you.

Agreed. No warning on the download page, just a warning buried in the change log. I log in after updating 3.4 to 3.7 and boom! X( Will the 3.7 (the 'knock off' AM mod) config file work with this?

Edit: It will but the Extractor looks like a pink block when it's turned off, when it's on it's fine. So I'll have to write down the Block ID #s and delete the config and let it regenerate a new config file, and modify the Block IDs to match, just so it can find the right textures for the Extractor. :D

• The biggest issue that most people have with stryker is that he didn't get permission from zippinus and I'm pretty sure zipp would not want upgrades to work in the machines. He nerfed the machines cause the friggin IC devs say its OP but who are they to tell us what mods we can and can't use who cares if they think its OP, in my opinion I don't think it is but thats my opinion just like being OP is theirs.

I just don't like that he didn't get permission. CPW on the other hand did. I trust cpw to keep mods true to their original form just like the iron chest mod but he made even more stuff for it that actually stays true to it and is quite cool. /endrant

Well, mod devs can actually. I've heard of, and seen in one thread, where Eloraam pretty much got a mod pulled as it was a IC2 to Bluetricity converter and she didn't like that. X(

/startrant That, honestly, I found annoying. I hate running two entirely separate power systems under the floor of my sorting / storage room, one for the retrievers / sorters and one for the IC2 machines. Kinda like "They're separate but equal" when power is power, it's not separate just equal so I should be able to plug it all into the same generation system. It's like running your house with one plug for AC and one for DC. The machines that need DC have a converter inside of them, that's your computer power supply, the power boards in your DVD players, etc. Bingo, that's what's need to be in Bluetricity machines. :( /endrant

• @ roseroar
    if i knew you were going to rant right after this addon's dev told every one to stop i wouldn't have directed you here so for the love all that is peaceful and happy if you don't have any thing nice to say DON'T SAY IT!

• I'm pretty sure that what Alblaka said in the other thread about flaming and bitching holds here, so it's in all your best interests to stop it here and now.
    You've all been fairly warned before - and he will not hesitate to swing the banhammer. How long you've been here or what you;ve contributed in the past will be immaterial to his decisions.

• Updated to 1.81. Note: untested version

All the other mods work together, I get this when I throw the mod into the Mods Folder. Is the download not updated? Using the Client 1.2.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.