[Addon 1.112]Advanced Machines Original v1.8a

• Yes, Advanced Machines.
    The way I think they should be, and the way they were when Zippinus was still maintaining them, but completely rewritten from scratch.
    This is machines only. Cpw is currently maintaining the solar panels .
    As induction furnaces don't accept overclockers neither will these, if you want that, see Atomic's thread.

Some statistics about the machines:
    - will take 1 EU/t when not working but remaining its speed or pressure
    - will take 16 EU/t when working
    - Default maximum speed is 1 process in 0,6 seconds.
    All of these options are configurable, I hope that satisfies anyone who finds them OP.
    Oh, and use a wrench.

Recipes:

Downloads:
    NEWEST v1.8a(IC2 v1.112)
    See bottom of post.

Older Downloads:

Changelog:

• You sir are the epitome of Awesome. :D Thank you. :) I am learning java at the moment, but I am no where near the skill level to code something like this. One day.

• Thank you very much my good man. Might want to reformat the topic title to be in line with the standards, such as [1.71] Advanced Machines Original.

• Thank you for working on this, too bad I won't get a chance to try it til tomorrow night.

Big question though, are the gui's fixed in smp?

• I literally registered for the first time just now after lurking and using mods/addons from this site for... I don't even know how long... Since I first started playing minecraft i think...? Well anyway, I just finally registered to thank you for bringing the TRUE advanced machines back instead of an abomination with a stolen title.

Thank you.

• Other then placing the IC2 patch number at the beginning of the thread title-

Sweet.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• You, sir, are a legend. I'm having a party tomorrow night which the players of my server will be at and we'll be have a few drinks in your honour. I was working on trying to do this a bit, but with my work just didn't get the time. :(

Thank you for saving us from a certain ASs.

• Thanks for keeping the original alive as well, then people can pick what they like. :thumbsup:

Now to a couple of things:
    "Centerfuge" - isn't it meant to be "Centrifuge"? (Was the same typo in the original :P )
    And the Extractor seems to be missing an output slot (going by the GUI picture, not an ingame test, but assume that would be the same), it has 2, and needs 3, to accomodate for a stack of sticky resin being extracted at a 1-to-3 ratio (1 sticky resin to 3 rubber) :)

• The config file resets to the default one whenever you start the game

Can confirm that too. I'm not fussed overly with that as I was just testing around, but I can see others might find it annoying.

• Nice to see someone else attempting to untangle that. Using a different approach, too. A Vector for networked fields, eh? I dont see an Eventlistener - does it properly update state in SMP? I keep wondering how much of that is actually needed.

• yes, with config resetting itself, i cannot run this and rocket science. as rocket science has so wisely not included a cfg file for gui editing.

• UPDATED TO 1.1

See the changelog, config now works, my bad.

Nice to see someone else attempting to untangle that. Using a different approach, too. A Vector for networked fields, eh? I dont see an Eventlistener - does it properly update state in SMP? I keep wondering how much of that is actually needed.

Yeah that's the way they did it in IC2's TileEntityBlock so I got that from there. No need to store it I think.
    Nope you dont need to use Eventlistener for the state, just the update listener.
    NetworkManager automatically fixes the values when you call updateTileEntityField, so all you need to do is call markBlockNeedsUpdate in onNetworkUpdate, so it re renders the block.

• Thanks for bringing the originals back. Maybe this will stop the complaints. I personally liked both versions and will keep to the new edition because I like the new modules. I *love* how AS and Snyke cooperate and don't fight. Yet the users complained about the AS version despite not having to use it.

• Thanks for bringing the originals back. Maybe this will stop the complaints. I personally liked both versions and will keep to the new edition because I like the new modules. I *love* how AS and Snyke cooperate and don't fight. Yet the users complained about the AS version despite not having to use it.

It's more that people who ran servers had a choice of no Advanced Machines, or AS's version. The other port done for Advanced Machines to 1.71 was SSP only and like I always say, don't have time to play with myself.