The one and only [OFFICIAL] Technic discussion thread.

• Also Erusprime. I don't know where you got that 20,000 number from? You're not involved in Technic so did you just round up forums users? That number isn't reflective of the number using technic or the launcher. Either way, please don't try and start dick waving matches with people the Technic team actually have permissions from. I don't know why you thought that would be a good idea. You're quite active on our forums, so you should know better.

More to the point. The views of a bunch of kids/adults/combo who play Minecraft do not represent the views of the technic team in any way shape or form.We can't go around policing the internet, nor do we want to, nor should we be expected to, but holy would people stop dragging pointless drama all over the place? That goes for everyone. I don't care if you hate technic, or love it. Having giant uninformed arguments where no one really knows what they're talking about is pointless and childish. It's not like a heated forum argument ever changed anyone's minds anyway. It's hard enough for US to do that without the entire internet involved.

You're right.

My disclaimer:
    I'm only here to learn about an opposing point of view through a mostly civil discussion.
    At no point have I been a representative of the technic team.

I like discussion, long winded or otherwise, especially in regards to problems and puzzles.
    As for the numbers, I said 'about'. The exact number is in one of my posts somewhere. Only to give a general idea of the amount of users being served and not wave my non-representative lady bits.

• OK, Sengir just added code to Forestry to make it INCOMPATIBLE with the Technic Luancher.
    He had to code it himself... not just tell them.

Technic/Tekkit (and Kakermix) make me sick, they are some bastards that use the people who can't install mods as a reason to "legalify" their stealing :(
    Look at Kakermix's comments in Power Crystals mod thread :P

Secondly there are ways to install the same mods, pretty easily using either SK89Q's launcher or the Magicluancher or of course MultiMC.

Please use your POWER as a END USER to IGNORE Technic/Tekkit.

And modders, Sengir was genious ^^

• And remember, any mod for the "mods" directory have NO Mojang code in them, with applies to Redpower 2, IC2, ThaumCraft 2, BuildCraft (and a long time ago better then wolves mod LOL) :whistling:

• And remember, any mod for the "mods" directory have NO Mojang code in them, with applies to Redpower 2, IC2, ThaumCraft 2, BuildCraft (and a long time ago better then wolves mod LOL) :whistling:

Y U NO USE EDIT BUTTON? ?( ?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• sengir added code that caused bees to destroy your world (griefing. violation of Mojangs TOS). his "genius" was actually illegal (which is probably why he fixed it).
    In fact, that is one case where both sides talked about it and came to an agreement. Forestry has been removed from the next version of technic at his request, and the malicious code was removed so people could still install it manually if they wanted.

does that not bother you at all? that a developer of a major mod would put in malicious code because they didn't like another mod/plugin?

regardless of their comments, modpacks and the launcher are protected under USC title 17 sec. 109.
    Most mod author's just put a simple "copyright notice" on their page. In order to take any legal action the copyright would have to be registered, including DMCA take downs (although asking for it is mostly done at the site's discretion). If it goes further than a take down, they'd still need to be registered.

And this is just talking about the pack itself. The launcher, while made by the same people, stands by itself as an original work. Whether you like them or not, the launcher is a very good thing. I just spent a little time with someone on youtube who kept getting crashes from IC2 sound when installing optifine. They followed the instructions exactly and it still didn't work out.

A lot of children play MineCraft as well. would you rattle off the same perjorative remarks at a 10 year old that just wanted to build a nuclear reactor next to a quarry feeding a recycler and mass fabricator? is that child a terrible person for not understanding how to merge classes and edit config files? should that child be condemned for getting help from someone who actually knows how to do all that stuff? I don't think so, but, then again, I'm the kind of person that would help another if they needed it.

Please use your POWER as a END USER to PLAY MineCraft the way YOU want to play.

And remember, any mod for the "mods" directory have NO Mojang code in them, with applies to Redpower 2, IC2, ThaumCraft 2, BuildCraft (and a long time ago better then wolves mod LOL) :whistling:

this doesn't change their copyright status. They're still derivative works.

• Holy smokes, 4 pgs of the techic debate just sparked up again. Guess I have to drop this here and recomend you guys move over here.
    http://forum.industrial-craft.…ad&threadID=3466&pageNo=1

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

A lot of children play MineCraft as well. would you rattle off the same perjorative remarks at a 10 year old that just wanted to build a nuclear reactor next to a quarry feeding a recycler and mass fabricator? is that child a terrible person for not understanding how to merge classes and edit config files? should that child be condemned for getting help from someone who actually knows how to do all that stuff? I don't think so, but, then again, I'm the kind of person that would help another if they needed it.

Those children are horrible for not having parents to help them!

• You know, that most of those Parents (including mine) should never touch a Computer at all, or?

If they can't watch and/or help their kids at all they should not be parents. Also lots of kids should also never touch a computer at all, but here we are, talking about those retarded kids that can't do shit for themselves Ergo the birth of the modpack for the mentally challenged aka Technic/Tekkit.

• Problem solving:

If you really hate technic pack, why you not make your own LEGIT mod pack and distribute it the same way Technic pack do it. You can ask permission from the mod owner to include his/her mod into your mod pack, and this will effectively and theoretically please everyone, including people that hate technic by effectively killing it, because people now have alternative to not use technic, and people who like its user-friendliness. Everyone will be happy, everyone will be good and fine. No mod author will be angry and be injured, and Minecraft player will be easy to use the mods. Every mod will be popular the same way Technic pack do it.

This is my first time I use quotation, so sorry if anything go wrong.

For me, that are just wrong. Actually, I don't live at US, which everyone referring the copyright rules to attack Technic. I live at Indonesia, and even my dad cannot use Facebook and some of email. He still using Internet Explorer. Even I need to ask my friend to give me his Minecraft account password because my parents doesn't trust credit card through internet. That makes me cannot have real, legit Minecraft. But I really want to. I don't think most of the parents play Minecraft and know how to edit config files.

I ever use Technic, because I need it.
    Try using 42 mods at once, and you will be feel the need of a modpack. There is however several things that can help you install this mod, which is:
    1. Magic launcher. This makes me don't really need technic anymore, because this makes installing mod easier.
    2.ID resolver. This mod will assign free block ID to mods, making mods easier to install.
    3.NEI. This invedit can dump free block ID, making mods easier to install.

This post is another perspective of this war between Technic users and Technis haters, from a perspective of an Indonesian people. So, can we all please play Minecraft for fun, not for flame wars?

P.S: Sorry for my bad grammar, I already tell you multiple times that my native language isn't English.

Dota 2 player at SEA server.

For me nothing is OP. It just a mod for fun and I'm playing it for fun. Unless it created items from nothing. Automining not included, neither do in case of self replicating machine. However GregTech is still good, so:

GregTech Documentation Task Force Needed!

• I used over 30 to 40 mods (Right now i don't think i have more than 15 or 20, mostly because i don't need the garbage littering my game with useless stuff) and i never needed a modpack to make them work right whatsoever, its a matter of reading a little and understanding how shit works. Of course expecting someone to read simple instructions on the internet its moronic behaviour. NEI and ID Resolver are nice tools, but they are not absolutely needed if people do like me, remap every block id from every mod.

If people actually read and understand stupid level instructions, modpacks would not be needed whatsoever.

• There is absolutely no need for a modpack even if you want to have 40+ mods installed at the same time, if people knew how to read simple instructions or use google. Another thing is that a legit modpack wouldn't be even possible as some of the modders don't allow their mods to be used in modpacks(Azanor, thecthaumcraft creator for sure).
    Another thing is that Magic launcher and ID-resolver seem to cause problems rather than making the installation easier.
    Imo it's quite dumb to attack a swedish( my guess is that most americans don't even know where it is) company with american laws.

• Official Post

For me, that are just wrong. Actually, I don't live at US, which everyone referring the copyright rules to attack Technic. I live at Indonesia, and even my dad cannot use Facebook and some of email. He still using Internet Explorer. Even I need to ask my friend to give me his Minecraft account password because my parents doesn't trust credit card through internet. That makes me cannot have real, legit Minecraft. But I really want to. I don't think most of the parents play Minecraft and know how to edit config files.

Creditcard? Not needed.
    1. Make Paypalaccount with your Bankaccount.
    2. Manually send 20€ to Paypal (They have a Manual, on how to do it).
    3. Wait 3 or 4 Days (eventually 5 if you make it on Thursday or Friday), until Paypal adds it to your Paypalaccount.
    4. Use Paypal to buy Minecraft (Paypal is supported and used by Mojang).

Try using 42 mods at once, and you will be feel the need of a modpack. There is however several things that can help you install this mod, which is:
    1. Magic launcher. This makes me don't really need technic anymore, because this makes installing mod easier.
    2.ID resolver. This mod will assign free block ID to mods, making mods easier to install.
    3.NEI. This invedit can dump free block ID, making mods easier to install.

Magiclauncher and ID-Resolver are causing more Problems, than they solve.
    NEI, dumps every single free BlockID out. I use it to determine the exact boundaries of my BlockID's. A small hint, Redpower and IC² should be left with their original BlockID's, because these are the most importand Mods for SMP.

I ever use Technic, because I need it.

I gave technicpack up after they had made me require a Premiumaccount (now i have one but not in the Past), then i decided to install all the really needed Stuff myself and it was much easier, than i thought, after i downloaded WinRAR for free (I love testing, testing is important, even longer than 40 Days).

• Let me just get something straight: technic was a nameless modpack made for friends, but then, it's existence was passed on by words. More and more people wanted this modpack, and then it's expansion became uncontrollable. Me and my friend are thinking of making a modpack, but we are trying to get perms for everybody.

My point is, technic exists because people wanted it, and the more people who use technic, the more the technic devs have to pay.

It's a losing business really. They pay for the download bandwidth (1TB !?!?!) and it's a good amount of money, but they get only passive ad money, as they don't accept donations. They could just stop developing and shut it all down, but then crap-tons of people will explode in confusion. point is, the only reason technic is technic, is because there is demand, so really, the devs are kind to keep it up, and the real evil comes from the user-base that demands its existence. Hope this clears a few things up. :)

• ...then i decided to install all the really needed Stuff myself and it was much easier, than i thought...

I had the same experience. My girlfriend came one day with the idea to play minecraft. So we watched some videos and we both got excited and bought 2 premium accounts. We started with a small server that i hosted on my computer and explored minecraft. After around 2 weeks my girlfriend complained that she could play in our world only when i'm online. So we decided to rent a small server that was online 24/7. This hoster had several "packages" to choose from for minecraft. One sounded interesting, it was "Tekkit".
    We tried it out and it was awesome with all the new stuff. After some weeks i got some technical problems and took a look at the Tekkit forums. I was shocked about the ruff atmosphere there, where the "officials" were flaming people that asked simple questions.
    I also recognized that they were using lots of mods without permission of the original creators.

This and the fact that updates take a looooooooong time, brought me to the point where i tried to install all the interesting mods myself on a vanilla 1.2.5 minecraft. After 2 hours i finished this task and had my rented server now running on minecraft 1.2.5 and every addon was up to date!

Long story short - Fuck the Tekkit thiefs!

:whistling:

• wait this thread wasn't locked for feeding an emotionally charged firestorm of unending flame war?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I don't get it why people can't just respect freedom of choice. Some people like using tekkit so they do. Some prefer manually installing mods and they do that.

As a server admin its a thousand times easier to tell people to just install tekkit than giving them a list of mods and videos on how to install them so of course I like tekkit. Why does your preference somehow nullify my preference?

• Nobody is telling you to stop using tekkit, but if you are, we don't need to know you do NOR do we want you telling us you do OR we don't really want to know anything about tekkit at all in here. (And with "We" so far i mean only me, unless someone else decide to add themselves to that)

• It seems the internet is a perfect breeding environment for casual shitstorms about x vs y.
    I mean come on. Is this like a religion? Bashing down on other people because they live their lives different?
    I'm not agreeing with either side here, it just occurs to me that everyone drops the 'magic word' like apple/android/MS or Tekkit/legit for that matter.

Open you eyes. Your words mean nothing. Look at this endless discussion and how much did you actually accomplish?

Let tekkit be tekkit, let customs be customs.

Buildcraft – spilling items.™