The one and only [OFFICIAL] Technic discussion thread.

• There are Rumors, that they have NOW the permission to use all the Mods, in the newest Version of the Clusterfuck.

Too bad the damage has been done... Several times or something.

I doubt people will forget about anytime soon, even if they really have now permission from the modders.

• [
    Too bad the damage has been done... Several times or something.

I doubt people will forget about anytime soon, even if they really have now permission from the modders.

Hey, it's a rumor...

• Hey, it's a rumor...

even if they really have now permission from the modders.

even if they really have

That phrase over there my friend, shows my uncertainty whenever the rumor its truth or not.

• Wait, does tekkit steal your username and passwords? I decided to see myself what all the fuss is about and I was aghast by the launcher. Will the data packets be intercepted? Is it secure?

Wait, does tekkit steal your username and passwords? I decided to see myself what all the fuss is about and I was aghast by the launcher. Will the data packets be intercepted? Is it secure?

Yeah, it's secure, the discussion if you bothered to read it was about calling the morality of the pack into question, I'm not going to say any more as I don't want to rekindle an old and dead flame war, just read the threads (there were multiple ones) if you want to know more

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• I make my own mod packs and its double in size when it comes to having mods in it, cause tekkit is made for noobs that dont no how to search on google or youtube on ``how to install a specific mod`` and ``configure`` + asking for help on other websites like ic2 forum, will not help you at all. SO STOP posting for help, cause it's tekkit faut :pinch: so go and report your crashes to them ( MinecraftNotch i agree )

• No one is asking for help in the last page or so.

Wait, does tekkit steal your username and passwords? I decided to see myself what all the fuss is about and I was aghast by the launcher. Will the data packets be intercepted? Is it secure?

Yeah, the launcher is secure. I used it for months with no problems. Something about sending the username/password combo to the same Mojang servers as the regular launcher.

• No one is asking for help in the last page or so.

Yeah, the launcher is secure. I used it for months with no problems. Something about sending the username/password combo to the same Mojang servers as the regular launcher.

Yeah, it just calls the Mojang website. Does anyone know if it does it via SSL? It should. One thing I really hate is the entire GUI. It looks like AOL is attacking the modern day web :(.

• I'd say it is more of a problem with the baked-in laziness of people. Why work hard when someone else can do it for you?

I've used tekkit/technic from before they had the launcher. When the launcher came out I was pleased, as it took the hassle out of installing the large zipfile with jar and mod folder components. It was easy, it worked (usually).

That was way before I knew the whole issue about the modpacks lack of permission. Still, even when I was aware of it I did still use it. (as the Yogscast kept promoting it and hey, it did all the work by itself...)

Now, ever since forestry was kicked out of the modpack I saw the pack with another pair of eyes. I watched some videos on how to solve conflicts and such and started to make my own modpack (which only I and my brother use fyi)
    Now that I have the skills to do so, I'm even less tempted to use Technic/tekkit. For starters, I can choose what mods are in.

A lot of the Technic users do not posses the skill to install any mod by themselves. why would they? they don't need it. This has several effects. One of them being that the support requests are often very vague/completely unhelpful (the screen went black. what went wrong?), the other that they close their eyes for the undergoing "war" on modding.

If only more people could be tought how to install mods I think we would already see a major move in the traffic to Technic. I can only hope this will improve once Minecraft has its own official API.

Just because I want modpacks. It's a shame that for example BTW is a standalone mod - but I can understand why.

• There are Rumors, that they have NOW the permission to use all the Mods, in the newest Version of the Clusterfuck.

really? I would like to see if it's true... no joke

also there is a hope that the community will forgot about all that crap about tekkit... with the new FTB mod pack that is totally approve by the mod maker and may be as easy to instal...
    also it would be nice if there was a tab on the technic web page that quotes the permission of the mod maker

• really? I would like to see if it's true... no joke

also there is a hope that the community will forgot about all that crap about tekkit... with the new FTB mod pack that is totally approve by the mod maker and may be as easy to instal...
    also it would be nice if there was a tab on the technic web page that quotes the permission of the mod maker

It's probably best if we let this thread die, nothing good really came out of conversations oriented this way

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• cause tekkit is made for noobs that dont no how to search on google or youtube on ``how to install a specific mod`` and ``configure``

REPHRASE:
    Oh no! I love spending HOURS of my time configuring mods! What is this 1 click installation! I hate doing things easily, so I'm going to go start a massive shitstorm about how tekkit sucks!
    BTW: tekkit is epic. It contains IC2 so I can't see why you are complaining.

• REPHRASE:
    Oh no! I love spending HOURS of my time configuring mods! What is this 1 click installation! I hate doing things easily, so I'm going to go start a massive shitstorm about how tekkit sucks!

You are the living embodiment of one of the many reason why tekkit is hated. Any real need to revive such a dead and re-beaten horse? /rhetorical question

• I know I'm just fanning the fire with this post, but can we PLEASE get a mod to lock this thread with the final post being to the Cluster****/Theivery pack users to GO USE THE DAMN FTB PACK!!!! The arguments are really tiresome.

• REPHRASE:

Congratulations! You reopened a four month old flamewar, and did you even read the thread? The argument was not on the usability of the pack (How's updating months after everyone else gets the latest updates/bugfixes?) but on the legality/morality of the pack, the FTB pack is not only completely legitimate (no taking of mods and saying "lol, screw you" to the mod developers), but encouraged, and there the Clusterfuck still stands, a pack out of time that will hopefully lose ground soon as it is inferior and probably never should have been created in the first place. People like you are literally the reason people here hate the Clusterfuck so much, you decided to necropost a four month old thread just to respond to someone I have not seen post in months, so that you can say in forums dedicated to installing mods "I suck at installing mods and can't waste my time watching a single video to find out how to install them, so I am going to say the Clusterfuck pack is the best thing ever." Honestly, a lot of the stupid shit that gets posted on these forums comes from pack users like you too ignorant to look at the rules of the forums/dates of posts/the suggestion bar, what were you hoping to prove by restarting this? That your pack is something to be proud of? That your inability to do something as basic as installing mods is something you cherish and laugh at people "stupid enough" to do things the "hard way"? I'm with Mister_Omega on this one, this thread should have been locked long ago, we will not get anything more out of it.

• id say yes to banning tekkit servers. server owners who don't want to find legal alternatives such as FTB or hell looking up a 5 minute video to install mods, should have there servers banned.

• Where do you draw the line?
    One might as well make a server from scratch that is compatible with the clusterpack.

Such policy will only work versus people that put ''tewkid' in their server thread name.
    Sure it's a good idea, but in the end it will not have a lot of influence.

Buildcraft – spilling items.™