FourFire's Reactors: Mark I, Mark II, Mark IV, Mark V And Breeders

• This is My 3rd attempt at Mark I: A Mark I-I DC Reactor which produces 40 EU/t (or it will once the bugged code is fixed)*

This is a variation of the last design a Mark I-I D Reactor. It is less efficient but produces 45 EU/t

Link to my latest design:http://test.vendaria.net/index…CCCCCCCHUHHUHCUCCUCCHCCHC
    it is a high powered Mark II-0 D reactor which actually produces 80 EU/t it takes < 2 minutes to cooldown for the next cycle

This is the revised Mark II-0 CB Reactor which produces 60 EU/t Note: it does melt the single cooling element next to the reactor plating

Mark III reactor is designed but lacking screenshots This reactor comes in a single and double variation is massively productive at 120 and 240 EU/t respectively.
    It utilizes the 8 ring core formation (which I believe will be the most efficient Energy/heat structure in Class III reactors)
    Both of these reactors are in fact Mark IV-0CB ; the concept is that the bulk percentage of the heat is put into few coolants which can be replaced while the rest of the reactor can run like a Mark II:

And of course a Mark V-0 B for the Uranium efficiency obsessive/mad scientists:

It has a nice efficiency of 3.4 and can run for 12.15 seconds producing 620 EU/t

And also my C.A.S.U.C. Mark V:

If you are wondering where all of my breeder designs went I deleted them Because I have given up on breeding as a waste of time.
    instead of making a breeder reactor make a single auto miner connected via batbox to Kuu's 0 chamber reactor http://forum.industrial-craft.…read&postID=5445#post5445
    and come back in half an hour you will have gained some uranium! and for a fraction of the energy and time cost of breeding

Containment chamber .Shematics for those MCEdit users who don't want to waste time but want to start tinkering with reactors:
    The First three links are for a general use double layer (obsidian coated, Reinforced stone sealthed) Reactor chamber with all the resources you may need including; wiring, transformers, power storage blocks, ingots and additional reactors as well as chambers.
    Please note: The chambers contain only the base reactor block. This is for two reasons: A for some reason placing reactor chambers will stop a world from saving.
    B so that users can make their own reactors with how ever many chambers they may require. Because of this the redstone cutoff and the cables are Not connected except for in the Solid variant. Access is through a hole in the roof (you probably need a jetpack) where i was going to put a reinforced trapdoor but was disappointed to find that it was not present
    Dry: http://www.mediafire.com/?wpj78c1vazcfe6h
    Wet: http://www.mediafire.com/?blz66628at627jk
    Solid: http://www.mediafire.com/?9x5xaxr9pa8y5a6

This is the chernobyl containment reactor chamber: http://www.mediafire.com/?6mlg0xwwe8clw9a
    This is a chamber to contain that Class V that you want to test the explosion time for but be warned: a reactor with >3.3 efficiency will still blow through two of the three layers, the bottom (and of course the cable hole).
    Access is through 3 Reinforced stone doors XD
    have fun with them and tell me if they were useful

*this goes with all three reactor designs, I have calculated the numbers and created the patterns to see if they are possible. The code is now fixed :D

As always I would be greatly pleased if Albalaka or someone else Added a way to upgrade reactors (possibly with iridium) past the 9x6 reactor grid, allowing you to start with a 5x15 GUI and with each module add a further 2x15 slots

• Official Post

I think the idea of limiting the reactor size is to stop you producing perfect, uber high efficiency reactors. There should be a payoff. Nice reactor designs though. :)

• I conclude that there is no seemingly possible way to make a Mark II reactor with an efficiency higher than 3.
    I am simply suggesting that by expending vast amounts of Iridium (which requires at least 3 UUM EACH) to upgrade reactors and chambers one could get some payoff for your effort and gain a Much larger possible reactor window in which to create larger and more efficient reactors.
    I hope that Albalaka takes my suggestion into consideration and if not, that someone makes a plugin that would do the same thing
    BTW I will be updating this with 3 more designs I have come up with when I have time ;)

Edit: important question: do cooling elements (all three) cool down while in your inventory or inside chests or only while in a reactor?
    On receiving the answer to this question I have spawned the idea of an element cooling reactor whereapon you could place spent(but not melted)
    cooling elements to cool off and become useable again.

• maybe the posibility to upgrade your ractor wit iridum so it uses a bigger outside cooling grid?
    then it wouldn't overpower the reactor by much but give some people the possibility to create a better cooling reactor without changing the space design

English -> not my lang, so sorry for the mistakes. (can be the dyslexia too :/)

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• Are the cooling mechanics still bugged so perfect breeders don't work? I just want to know before I heat mine up then leave it, and have it explode while I was gone :P

• As far as I know, cooling is (or was in 0.90?) too strong rather than too weak, so I your reaktor was an equal-breeder, it should be a negative-breeder.
    On the other hand, I think Alblaka mentioned somewhere what caused the bug, which implies for me that he fixed it.
    Therefore, there’s only the risk of running too low, but not of overheating.

• I imagine with the reactor code being fixed now that most of these designs don't work as designed anymore. I already know for a fact that the 2 chamber perfect breeder is no longer perfect. I did the math on it, and it should be producing 4 heat per reactor tick.

Math stuffs:
    h/t = heat per reactor tick
    h/p = heat per uranium pulse

--Heat--
    1 Uranium Cell:
    w/ 2 cooling elements:8 h/p.
    w/ 2 fuel cells bordering: 3 total pulses (2 extra)
    total heat produced:24 h/t.
    2 depleted isotope cells:
    2 h/t.

Total heat: 26 h/t

--Cooling--
    reactor:
    -1 h/t.
    2 reactor chambers: (-2 h/t per chamber)
    -4 h/t.
    11 cooling cells:
    -11 h/t.
    24 air blocks around reactor: (-0.25 h/t per air block)
    -6 h/t.

Total Cooling: -22 h/t.

I modified the design to balance out that 4 extra heat, and I'm testing it now. It theoretically should be a perfect breeder now. To get it, do the following:

If you number the cells in a grid, with the top left being 1,1 and bottom right being 6,5

Remove the cooling cells at 5,2 and 5,4.
    Remove the integrated heat disperser at 5,3
    Move the cooling cell from 6,3 up to 5,3.
    In effect, your removing two points of cooling from the reactor, bringing the heat up to 6.
    Now we dissipate that extra heat externally.
    Replace 8 blocks of air (+2 heat for a total of 8 heat) with 8 blocks of water (-8 heat).

That should bring heat production/dissipation to exactly 0.

If my maths are all wrong like, feel free to let me know. I'm still trying to figure this system out.

• Yes all of the cooling bugs are now fixed i will be revising my designs and so on feel free to do the same :)
    Actually all of my designs (except for the first one) were supposed to work as specified in the 1.00 mechanics it seems however that I have failed at math a couple of times I now know that the "class II 60 EU/t is in fact at least a class III. Dont worry though I will be correcting the designs

And yes that would even out the heat perfectly but you must also consider two things:
    1. Never use water blocks to cool breeders (unless you dont want uranium efficiency) as they will evaporate at 35% reactor heat capacity
    2. you have to leave at least one space in the reactor for heat regulation.

good work though, keep at it

• Yes all of the cooling bugs are now fixed i will be revising my designs and so on feel free to do the same :)

And yes that would even out the heat perfectly but you must also consider two things:
    1. Never use water blocks to cool breeders (unless you dont want uranium efficiency) as they will evaporate at 35% reactor heat capacity
    2. you have to leave at least one space in the reactor for heat regulation.

good work though, keep at it

1. Makes sense. Problem is, without the water I'll have to figure out some way to even out the heat, because with that design, you can't do it with cooling cells alone. I'll have to think on that one.

2. Perhaps, although I have no problem doing a quick bucket swap with a cooling cell though, so it's only a minor concern. Those few ticks that the reactor gets 1 less cooling are not going to send it into meltdown.

By the way, how much heat does a bucket of lava add to the reactor? Trying to heat this thing up becomes a problem when the heat gets evened out across all the cooling cells.

• 1. Makes sense. Problem is, without the water I'll have to figure out some way to even out the heat, because with that design, you can't do it with cooling cells alone. I'll have to think on that one.

2. Perhaps, although I have no problem doing a quick bucket swap with a cooling cell though, so it's only a minor concern. Those few ticks that the reactor gets 1 less cooling are not going to send it into meltdown.

By the way, how much heat does a bucket of lava add to the reactor? Trying to heat this thing up becomes a problem when the heat gets evened out across all the cooling cells.

you could disconnect your external heat from your internal heat. Avoid using HDs and just use plating to disperse heat within your reactor, that way any heat you add to the reactor via lava is independent of your reactors operations.

• you could disconnect your external heat from your internal heat. Avoid using HDs and just use plating to disperse heat within your reactor, that way any heat you add to the reactor via lava is independent of your reactors operations.

I really try to avoid using plates as they provide 0.1 cooling per tick and that is Really a pain when making an equal breeder but you do provide sense in your reasoning
    as I am now discovering saturating the cooling elements requires absurd amounts of lava buckets however with the new pump (hopefully to be fixed some time soon)
    bucket filling in the nether should not be a problem.
    also I am going with high heat breeding because if you have 1 uranium core and 1 isotope breeding a 0 heat i will use 8 cores for every single isotope enriched.1/8
    using two isotopes with 1 core will result in a 1/4 winback at 3000 heat it will be 1/2 or 50% at 6000 heat you will simply be wasting your time in crafting depleted cores
    and at 9000 heat you will double your uranium yeild. so truly this is a starter breeder for the time with not as many resources for multiple reactors I have a dual core breeder (which I suspect is not up to par math wise) but testing will show

• I haven't figure out the nuclear power yet, so i just tried one of your designs in my test world, The "Mark II-0 CB Reactor"... And it exploded at the very end of the cycle (generated about 11kk eu, and then melted out the heat dispensers)
    Is it just as planned? ._.

And i am trying to run it with the RedPower Logic controller, that gives a one-second cooldown period each minute, but it is going to explode again... I've increased the period to 5 seconds, but it looks like it wouldn't help. May be it is too late ^^

- Can you do that? Can you explode twice?
    YES WE CAN!
    As expected, it exploded again. I know, this is the design for IC2 v0.9, but maaaybe my experiment will help you a bit. ^___^

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• I really try to avoid using plates as they provide 0.1 cooling per tick and that is Really a pain when making an equal breeder but you do provide sense in your reasoning

I stay away from plates as well due to them not reacting fast enough to temp changes to be worthwhile. I also like that HD's provide the only window into the reactor's heat levels.

as I am now discovering saturating the cooling elements requires absurd amounts of lava buckets however with the new pump (hopefully to be fixed some time soon)
    bucket filling in the nether should not be a problem.

same problem I had. I did manage to make an air cooled equal breeder though with one uranium and two isotope cores.

also I am going with high heat breeding because if you have 1 uranium core and 1 isotope breeding a 0 heat i will use 8 cores for every single isotope enriched.1/8
    using two isotopes with 1 core will result in a 1/4 winback at 3000 heat it will be 1/2 or 50% at 6000 heat you will simply be wasting your time in crafting depleted cores
    and at 9000 heat you will double your uranium yeild. so truly this is a starter breeder for the time with not as many resources for multiple reactors I have a dual core breeder (which I suspect is not up to par math wise) but testing will show

I found another problem as well. With an equal breeder running using HD's, I would think that the HD's would equal out the reactor heat as a percentage, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Taking all the plating out should make the HD's go down in level, as the reactor now has less durability, but the HD's don't move a pixel. This means that the extra durability that reactor plating adds isn't taken into consideration for reactor heat balance. What that means to breeders is, there is really a max heat you can attain on the reactor (9k) before all of your components melt. If you can get your reactor plating high enough to withstand 9k heat with no side effects, then your breeder can't go any faster using HD's or the HD's will melt. Anything past that would require no HD's in the machine.

• I haven't figure out the nuclear power yet, so i just tried one of your designs in my test world, The "Mark II-0 CB Reactor"... And it exploded at the very end of the cycle (generated about 11kk eu, and then melted out the heat dispensers)
    Is it just as planned? ._.

And i am trying to run it with the RedPower Logic controller, that gives a one-second cooldown period each minute, but it is going to explode again... I've increased the period to 5 seconds, but it looks like it wouldn't help. May be it is too late ^^

- Can you do that? Can you explode twice?
    YES WE CAN!
    As expected, it exploded again. I know, this is the design for IC2 v0.9, but maaaybe my experiment will help you a bit. ^___^

For a Mark II that works in 1.0, try this:

The 4 uranium cells should deplete faster than the cooling cells. At least I've never had any problems with it overloading. Keep in mind, that reactor is water cooled. Toward the end of the cycle, I noticed it evaporated a bit of the water. Not a huge deal though as it still ran to finish.

• Oh, thank you very much... But, what does that integrated plating do? Just increases the reactor "hp"?

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• Oh, thank you very much... But, what does that integrated plating do? Just increases the reactor "hp"?

Yup. There was an extra space there, so I put a reactor plate in to raise the reactor hull durability a bit. You could even add another where I have the bucket if you want. It basically gives you a bit more time before any bad effects start happening.