Suggestion: Carbon fibre/rubber boats (not a lava boat!) - Now an addon!

• Addon link

Basically a boat made of carbon fibre or inflated rubber (trampolines). Either immune to collision breakage, drops itself on collision, or repairable in the 2x2 grid.

A rubber dinghy is nice and bouncy, so would either bounce off on impact (doesn't break), capsize (drops itself), or deflate (drops punctured boat, repair with 1 rubber or resin). First step above wood.

A kayak made from carbon fibre would probably be lighter than wood or rubber, so would either deflect easily from an impact or capsize. Only breaks when punched or in lava. Due to reduced weight, possible minor speed and/or acceleration boost (around +10% at the most). This will be the top-tier one-man Steve-powered water boat.

Open to all suggestions, current recipes are 5/6 trampolines for rubber, 5 carbon plate (40 coal) for carbon fibre version.

Please send lava boat ideas to passinglurker's thread!

• My question is, why not? I always hated vanilla boats, especially he fact that they drop sticks and planks upon collision.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• +1

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• +1 love more uses for carbon fiber

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• excellent idea.

I say take it to the next level by not only including the canoe, but also a powered variant by adding a powered minecart to the recipe

• Sounds great. It's really annoying to travel around 3000 blocks of an ocean biome with a wooden boat because it's so slow. I would suggest it to be around 20-30% faster than a normal boat if implemented.
    +1

• Awesome idea. Wood boats are crap (I mean, seriously? It's a freaking lily pad!). This would make carbon plates have more use, AND fix crappy boats ALL AT THE SAME TIME! HAYO!
    Anyway, +1

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• since it is structurally superior it should break the lily pads it runs in to

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• No, it should pass through lily pads like they aren't even there, mimicking the Lily's behavior of floating out of a boat's path.

• players don't phase through lily pads though

• I want revenge against the lily pads dang it!

• ...+2

And +1 for the lily pad breaking.

Or make it so the lily pad explodes on impact, destroying all lily pads within 50 blocks, but not touching or damaging anything else.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.